Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 258

Thread: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens[W:150]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by E-M View Post
    Yah, I know. It is a well known statistic. That doesn't mean women don't get raped by people they don't know.
    The statistic is so low, it is safe to assume that whatever girl was being mentioned knew all the guys she slept with, at least if not by First Middle and Last name, then at least by his thug "jump-up" name (Itz yo baby, Biggy T!)
    GPS_Flex brought up girls who don't know who they had sex with as a group, and a portion of that group is women who have been abused. I was dealing with his argument specifically.
    And that is why, specifically, your outrage over the 1% chance that she was legitimately raped by someone she didn't know is highly over the top.



    My overall point was that he was obviously forgetting about it entirely. Whether the girl knows her abuser or not makes absolutely no difference in relation to the policy. GPS_Flex and anyone who is missing that part of the equation is either disgustingly ignorant or plainly disgusting.
    Its time to stop acting like asking woman to be responsible is sexism.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #72
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    I wish people would read more than just the headlines.

    From one of the linked articles:
    Pregnant students wishing to continue attending Delhi Charter will be required to enroll in a home study course while pregnant.
    So, no one is being denied educaiton for getting knocked up. In some ways, the home study concept might actually be beneficial to a pregnant student.

    I have some beef with the way this is set up but approve of the premise. The "random prego tests" should be thrown out right away. I would also add that the boy invovled should also be subject to the same type of consequence as the pregnant girl does. Harder to prove but could be done with a solid interview process.

    Teen pregnancy should be discouraged.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What? You're being nonsensical at best. The state issuing charters does not give the school the ability to violate the basic constitutional rights of students.
    Please show me where there is a Constitutional Right to an education, Hatuey. Assuming this is a Private institution, they most definitely have the right to determine which students they allow to attend.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    So, no one is being denied educaiton for getting knocked up. In some ways, the home study concept might actually be beneficial to a pregnant student.
    Especially if it focuses on the things that any girl's education should..... being a mother, wife, and homemaker.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Especially if it focuses on the things that any girl's education should..... being a mother, wife, and homemaker.
    If you don't want a woman working, there are plenty of other countries to go to. For an authoritarian, you sure do sacrifice your morals to keep yourself alive and in the U.S.

    I think you should just call yourself a conservative and be done with it because you are not an authoritarian by action, only talk.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    If a school allowed lesbians to use the peephole but banned you for the same behavior, it would be a title IX violation. That doesn't change the fact that discrimination based on pregnancy is most definitely a title IX violation.
    I'm not seeing a Title IX violation and I'll explain why.

    It says you can't discriminate based on sex. Nobody is doing that. Just because only girls can get pregnant doesn't mean its discrimination based on sex, that's just biology. This is based on a girls behavior. She will NEVER get kicked out of that school simply because she is a girl, she has to have participated in illegal behavior first. (17 is the AOC in Louisiana, so unless its only high school seniors getting pregnant, they're having sex illegally anyway and ANY child can be removed from school based on illegal behavior.)

    I don't really see the point of this, but if the people signed a document saying they would abide by the rules and they don't like it, leave.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    If you don't want a woman working, there are plenty of other countries to go to.
    Trust me, that is in the works, TNE. You would be amazed at how much bureaucracy and crap is involved with leaving this country on a permanent basis.

  8. #78
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Trust me, that is in the works, TNE. You would be amazed at how much bureaucracy and crap is involved with leaving this country on a permanent basis.
    I have to ask... Which gender paradise are you considering?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Please show me where there is a Constitutional Right to an education, Hatuey. Assuming this is a Private institution, they most definitely have the right to determine which students they allow to attend.
    The constitutional right isn't to "an education".

    The constitutional right is to equal protection under the law.

    The school is singling out only one gender side of a two gender sided equation and punishing them for the act. That's gender discrimination.

    That's not even touching on the point of a school being able to mandate kids take pregancy tests and the possible 4th amendment ramifications there.

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: School policy forces students to take pregnancy tests, bans pregnant teens

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    It says you can't discriminate based on sex. Nobody is doing that. Just because only girls can get pregnant doesn't mean its discrimination based on sex, that's just biology.
    What is the issue being faught here?

    Teenage sex? Teenage pregnancy? Both of those require a 2nd part to the equation, yet the punishment is only aimed at one side. It's not based on the "girls" behavior, it's based on the behavior of the "girl" and a "guy". Unless I've missed something, women don't spontaneously get pregnant asexually.

    So the school is FORCING tests to check if the girl "engaged in illegal behavior" as y'ou're suggesting here, but is seemingly taking no such action what so ever to determine if their male students are also acting in illegal behavior.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •