Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 203

Thread: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

  1. #31
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    You may not be able to spell it, but bore is a good word.
    You failed to pass the “smug intellectual type” test with your first sentence. The rest I ignored because you failed the “classy intellectual type" test shortly thereafter.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  2. #32
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    You asked what rights gay couples don't get that straight couples do.

    I gave you them.

    You just contradicted yourself; first you said there were no rights gay couples don't get, now you're admitting there are rights they don't get per states not letting them allowed to marry.

    YOU get a clue.

    Dude.
    No you didn’t. Are you so uneducated that I must explain what a right is to you?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  3. #33
    Professor
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,451

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    You failed to pass the “smug intellectual type” test with your first sentence. The rest I ignored because you failed the “classy intellectual type" test shortly thereafter.
    I disagree. I came across as very smug. I was not, however, going for intellectual or classy. Just bored.
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!

  4. #34
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Let me just follow up by saying that if you stood me up next to a gay male and compared our rights, there are no rights I have that he doesn’t have. He may want more rights because he likes to have sex with little boys and the law currently prohibits him from having sex with, or marrying, little boys, but his rights are no different than mine.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  5. #35
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    I disagree. I came across as very smug. I was not, however, going for intellectual or classy. Just bored.
    Mission accomplished

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Let me just follow up by saying that if you stood me up next to a gay male and compared our rights, there are no rights I have that he doesn’t have. He may want more rights because he likes to have sex with little boys and the law currently prohibits him from having sex with, or marrying, little boys, but his rights are no different than mine.
    Care to address the links I posted just for you?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    No you didn’t. Are you so uneducated that I must explain what a right is to you?
    Do I have to explain the 14th Amendment to you?

  8. #38
    Professor
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,451

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Let me just follow up by saying that if you stood me up next to a gay male and compared our rights, there are no rights I have that he doesn’t have. He may want more rights because he likes to have sex with little boys and the law currently prohibits him from having sex with, or marrying, little boys, but his rights are no different than mine.
    You have the right to marry the person you love.

    And as soon as you made the assumption that a gay man is also a pedophile, you lost the thread. Talk about a moronic statement.

    Btw, SCOTUS has determined that marrying the person of your choice is a right. Though they were focused on race at the time, the comparison is pretty direct.
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!

  9. #39
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Moderator's Warning:
    The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]Let's stop with the personal attacks, please. If you feel a post violates the rules, report it, DON'T respond in kind.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #40
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: The anti-Chick-fil-A protest - Starbucks [W:39]

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Do I have to explain the 14th Amendment to you?
    I know that the 14th Amendment doesn’t protect my right to marry my dog in the state of California. Do you need me to explain it to you?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •