Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 146

Thread: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

  1. #21
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Except no one is saying that.

    What is it with so many of our resident right-wingers and this knee-jerk reaction? I, as someone to the left of Ghengis Kahn, disagree with something, and the immediate assumption by you is that I want jack-booted government thugs to kick the front door down and remove the offending item.

    What in God's name are you basing this idea on? Name one post on this thread that suggested that a law should be passed or government action initiated to stop the church from doing this. Name one, please. Just one.

    All we are saying is that the the douchebags of this stupid church are clearly trying to rile up their Muslim neighbors and that they suck for doing that.
    Oh, and where do you come up with the claim that you're being accused of wanting to ban the crosses? Where did I say that? What I said was, "I'm offended by the notion that a church ought not place crosses on its property to avoid offending either me or passing Muslims."
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  2. #22
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Name one post on this thread that suggested that a law should be passed or government action initiated to stop the church from doing this. Name one, please. Just one.
    Why are you getting upset? This is a typical game in political debates. It's subtle attempt to change the topic by stating something sensational that didn't happen. It happens all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Why are you getting upset? This is a typical game in political debates. It's subtle attempt to change the topic by stating something sensational that didn't happen. It happens all the time.
    Because I've got nothing to do all day, so I feel like getting into a pointless argument with a hack.
    Last edited by RadicalModerate; 08-05-12 at 05:43 PM.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    This is the net result of Bachmann-type ignorance. People get their heads filled with false ideas about Islam and Muslims and then they engage in this type of dickishness--making people feel unwelcome etc.

    Freedom of Religion applies to all faiths.
    Oh those poor, poor muslims. Perhaps you might tell me where this particular outrage ranks among the great clashes in religious history. They have to drive by crosses. Oh the horror.

  5. #25
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Because I've got nothing to do all day, so I feel like getting into pointless argument with a hack.
    Oh. Well by all means then continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Oh, and where do you come up with the claim that you're being accused of wanting to ban the crosses? Where did I say that? What I said was, "I'm offended by the notion that a church ought not place crosses on its property to avoid offending either me or passing Muslims."
    Again. Point out where anyone said that. All we've been doing is calling them douchebags who know what plausible deniability means.

    They can do whatever they want. And the rest of us can call out their BS and shun them for being quite un-Christian.

  7. #27
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Oh those poor, poor muslims. Perhaps you might tell me where this particular outrage ranks among the great clashes in religious history. They have to drive by crosses. Oh the horror.
    Given the outrage the New York Mosque situation created, I find all the religious squabbling to be humorous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Where do you come off claiming that a church which places crosses on its own property is "clearly trying to rile up their Muslim neighbors"? What is it about liberalism which brings you to a judgment like that?
    Yeah, play dumb. It's a great tactic.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Again. Point out where anyone said that. All we've been doing is calling them douchebags who know what plausible deniability means.

    They can do whatever they want. And the rest of us can call out their BS and shun them for being quite un-Christian.
    When did promoting Christianity by displaying a cross become un-Christian?

  10. #30
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Again. Point out where anyone said that. All we've been doing is calling them douchebags who know what plausible deniability means.
    Ummm..... calling them "douchebags" isn't your way of saying that "they ought not do it"???
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •