Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 146

Thread: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

  1. #111
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You are right, you have no proof. The mosque is 3-4 miles away from the church, so they are not in the same neighborhood
    Baseless assumptions is what you have. If no one interviewed these church people no one would be speculating about the significance of 13 crosses on their property,those going to the mosque would have probably figured that is just something Christians in that part of town do.



    These people put up crosses on church property,It does not make them douches. As far as you know they only doing this to make a statement that their religion is better Islam or that their faith is the one true faith .Many people who are actually religious feel that that way about their religion or religious denomination. I do not know about the churches in your city but churches have everything from bells, billboards, crosses and other stuff of their church property.
    How stupid do those douche church members have to be to be "sending a message" by erecting crosses in their own front yard four miles away? How is their message whatever it is, going to get there?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Golden City of the Risen Dead
    Last Seen
    10-05-12 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,310

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You are right, you have no proof. Baseless assumptions is what you have.
    Baseless assumption! No evidence whatsoever! Absolute zero.

    Whatever James.

    If no one interviewed these church people no one would be speculating about the significance of 13 crosses on their property,those going to the mosque would have probably figured that is just something Christians in that part of town do.
    LOL

    I don't think you understand how this sentence actually hurts your argument.

  3. #113
    Advisor Truckstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    550

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Keep in mind, if you read the article, there was more to it then just a bunch of crosses.

    Reading the article very important BEFORE posting.
    I read the minority of an article. Guilty as charged.

  4. #114
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Baseless assumption! No evidence whatsoever! Absolute zero.

    Whatever James.
    Yes you have zilch.Why do you feel the need to bring up that you have no evidence?


    LOL

    I don't think you understand how this sentence actually hurts your argument.
    How does it hurt my argument?Are you saying that if you drove past a church and saw some crosses on their lawn you would automatically think there is some ill motive behind those crosses that has to do with some other religious buildings miles down the road in some other part of town? No you wouldn't. The only reason you think there is ill motive with the church in the op is because the author of the article listed a bunch of unrelated **** that had nothing to do with the church like the vandalism and people suing to prevent the mosque from being built. The article leads you believe in the back of your mind that these things are connected and thus somehow convinced yourself that the church put those crosses up as a msnb dog whistle code for Mulsim go home or muslims not welcomed or some other **** that you think those crosses mean.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 08-05-12 at 11:46 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #115
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Baseless assumption! No evidence whatsoever! Absolute zero.

    Whatever James.



    LOL

    I don't think you understand how this sentence actually hurts your argument.

    So the members of the church say they don't like their new neighbors. Isn't this America? Is there a law that says we have to like all the people that live in our city?

  6. #116
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    I read the article. I understand that they are doing it in response to the mosque being built across the street. I simply don't understand how putting crosses in the yard of their church makes things difficult for the muslims in the community?
    Actually the churches and mosque are not across the street from each other. They are miles apart.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #117
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    So the members of the church say they don't like their new neighbors. Isn't this America? Is there a law that says we have to like all the people that live in our city?
    Only if they're non-white non-christian, it's perfectly OK to hate white christians though.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  8. #118
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    That was only part of what they were doing.

    The multiple crosses were there as a taunt-- a blatant misuse of the a Holy symbol.
    It's only holy to a Catholic.
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

  9. #119
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Actually the churches and mosque are not across the street from each other. They are miles apart.
    Oh, I guess I didn't read closely enough. The building in the background of the picture looked kind of like a mosque though.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #120
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Murfreesboro church's crosses offer message to Muslims

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    That was only part of what they were doing.
    I acknowledged that, and already said I disagree with some of the other tactics that were used to try and stop the mosque from being built.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The multiple crosses were there as a taunt-- a blatant misuse of the a Holy symbol.
    Okay, so? You mean some Christians occasionally act in un-christian ways? This is a surprise to you?
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •