Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 503

Thread: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

  1. #451
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Because people dont want some white guy that looks like your cousin to be in the same box as OBL.... it is sadly a very common and natural thing to do. Denial basically. There is no difference between a white Christian using a weapon to terrorise the public or a dark/black Muslim using a bomb to blow up a bus, or an Asian using poison gas to kill people in a subway... they are all terrorists, but they are not called that depending on who is describing it.
    More is the pity. No race or nationality has the market cornered on savagery and inhuman behavior. Some subhumans attempt to capitalize politically on the inhuman behavior. More despicable in my book. I agree...terrorism is terrorism.

  2. #452
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    I qualify it because you can't use a one size fits all solution to terrorism, problem with one size fits all is it fits none very well. Tactics to combat sunni on ****te terrorism are different than fighting al-Queera on ****te violence. (this took BushII years to understand)

    Nor can we use drone missile strikes in this country on white supremist compounds like we do in Yemen.

    Hence we refine and define. Still why do you use the term 'only' to describe domestic terrorism? Has anyone shrugged their shoulders and said, "eh, it is 'just' domestic terrorism, move along, move along, nothing to see or learn here."? Have they?

    Now I have an opinion on why some shy away from the term domestic terrorism. Seems there was a threat assessment report focusing on domestic terrorism that caused some folks to bark and howl about focusing on 'real' Christian Americans exercising their right to keep and bear instead of those radical Islam-i-o-fascists. Lets not remember there were warnings about just such acts of domestic terrorism.

    It was spree shootings or some such.

    it is social terrorism, (no it ain't, this is tiny fragments of humanity that falls through the cracks, not big chunks of 'society' attacking other parts.) Now the anti-gay crowd MIGHT be social terrorism, but not splinter groups and rogue individuals, they are domestic terrorists.

  3. #453
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Terrorism is terrorism. We dont run around the globe pointing out it is 'only' domestic terrorism when some scumbag blows up a souk in Iraq. We shouldnt qualify it as anything less than here.
    So then, we should not talk about different types of religions, whether it is "Christian" or Islam or Sikh, we should just use the blanket description of "religion" and be done with it....right? After all...it is all the same....right?

    Good god man, why in the world would you reduce everything down to such a level. You might as well say "everything is just "things".

    What a simplistic mindset.

    Edit:
    The reason you don't want specificity in the discussion, is because you want to avoid specifically talking about who committed the act.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-07-12 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #454
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So then, we should not talk about different types of religions, whether it is "Christian" or Islam or Sikh, we should just use the blanket description of "religion" and be done with it....right? After all...it is all the same....right?

    Good god man, why in the world would you reduce everything down to such a level. You might as well say "everything is just "things".

    What a simplistic mindset.

    Edit:
    The reason you don't want specificity in the discussion, is because you want to avoid specifically talking about who committed the act.
    We should use the term religion when we are talking about the theoretical construct of organized religion. We should use specific religions when addressing specific religions. And as much as I know you would LOVE to marry the terms religion and terrorism, they are not in any way shape or form the same thing.

    Does calling something an act of 'domestic terrorism' make you somehow feel better? How? Why? Maybe the problem in that equation is...you.

  5. #455
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So then, we should not talk about different types of religions, whether it is "Christian" or Islam or Sikh, we should just use the blanket description of "religion" and be done with it....right? After all...it is all the same....right?

    Good god man, why in the world would you reduce everything down to such a level. You might as well say "everything is just "things".

    What a simplistic mindset.

    Edit:
    The reason you don't want specificity in the discussion, is because you want to avoid specifically talking about who committed the act.
    Oh...hey...lets be REALLY clear on that. I ABSOLUTELY want to be VERY clear on who committed the act. It was a POS asshole that committed the act. I havent read anything yet on his mindset or motive but I can accept it was attached to his connections to some idiotic skinhead mentality. I VERY SPECIFICALLY will discuss who it was and why. I will very clearly condemn who it was and why. However there are SOME douchebags that will take this guy and even his skinhead affiliation and attach it to anyone they can in attempting to make some idiotic blanket political statement. Can you even ****ing IMAGINE what kind of a disgusting **** would do such a thing? Those that do that are disgusting subhuman vermin in my book.

  6. #456
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    We should use the term religion when we are talking about the theoretical construct of organized religion. We should use specific religions when addressing specific religions. And as much as I know you would LOVE to marry the terms religion and terrorism, they are not in any way shape or form the same thing.

    Does calling something an act of 'domestic terrorism' make you somehow feel better? How? Why? Maybe the problem in that equation is...you.
    Got it, when we talk about specific types of religion, it is OK to be specific.....but if we talk about specific types of terrorism.....well....that is not OK.

    Yes, yes....because I talk about specific types of terrorism....and you for some reason cannot....it is obvious that the "problem" is specific to me.

    Whatever makes you happy......but you don't seem happy here.....so why are you here.....other than exposing your own hypocrisy?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #457
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Got it, when we talk about specific types of religion, it is OK to be specific.....but if we talk about specific types of terrorism.....well....that is not OK.

    Yes, yes....because I talk about specific types of terrorism....and you for some reason cannot....it is obvious that the "problem" is specific to me.

    Whatever makes you happy......but you don't seem happy here.....so why are you here.....other than exposing your own hypocrisy?
    Sorry...I just dont see the 'difference' in 'terrorism'; you do. And you claim thats 'hypocrisy'? Good lord...thats hilarious!

    Achmed blows up a backback bomb killing women and children in a souk at Emirs Market...thats 'terrorism'. Adolph guns down 6 innocent people in Wisconsin. Thats 'terrorism'. Why you feel the need to label it anything other than what it is is beyond me.

  8. #458
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    However there are SOME douchebags that will take this guy and even his skinhead affiliation and attach it to anyone they can in attempting to make some idiotic blanket political statement.
    Well, that is kind of ironic coming from a guy wanting to remove specificity and put any terrorism under that blanket. Does that make you a douche bag?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #459
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sorry...I just dont see the 'difference' in 'terrorism'; you do. And you claim thats 'hypocrisy'? Good lord...thats hilarious!

    Achmed blows up a backback bomb killing women and children in a souk at Emirs Market...thats 'terrorism'. Adolph guns down 6 innocent people in Wisconsin. Thats 'terrorism'. Why you feel the need to label it anything other than what it is is beyond me.
    Uh, because making broad, blanket comments about a subject as varied as terrorism.....would be kind of "douche-y"....to use the parlance of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #460
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sorry...I just dont see the 'difference' in 'terrorism'; you do. And you claim thats 'hypocrisy'? Good lord...thats hilarious!

    Achmed blows up a backback bomb killing women and children in a souk at Emirs Market...thats 'terrorism'. Adolph guns down 6 innocent people in Wisconsin. Thats 'terrorism'. Why you feel the need to label it anything other than what it is is beyond me.
    Discourse on models requires specific assignment in understanding and combating different forms of terrorism and blanket terms imply they are for the same reasons thus any proposal in addressing them would be counter productive.

    When a car breaks down how does a mechanic repair it? He doesn't simply say it is broke so I need to fix it. He has to diagnose the specific area of failure to fix the vehicle. The same principle is applicable to terrorism because all cars breaking down do not break down for the same reasons just S terrorism is not always done for the same reasons.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •