Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 503

Thread: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

  1. #381
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    So I'm worse than a neo-nazi who just murdered 6 people in the name of white supremacy? You really are on a different planet, aren't you? Perhaps in your world, white racists who murder are more acceptable than those that call them out.

    I'd say you and he have far more in common.
    As you cant wait to drag dead bodies around to launch partisan attacks, Im sure you WOULD say that. Its kinda...well...sad actually

  2. #382
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Re-read my post. I am completely consistent and never claimed ideology was a problem.
    No, you are being INCONSISTENT, one one hand you say "cons should condemn the ideas", next it is "ideas are NOT the problem":

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The more rightwingers that come out and condemn this guy and his beliefs....
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The ideology is not the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #383
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, it's totally on target. You are attempting to paint things as variable as an ideology as a concrete concept. It's not. Everyone has their own personal interpretation of an ideology. It might vary only slightly, but it varies. And those interpretations mold that individuals behavior. That's why we don't see EVERYONE from a specific ideology shooting up churches/temples/mosques/etc...
    I wasn't making an absolutist argument about the results of an ideology on an individual, my argument AGAIN is that the ideology IS a problem when it leads a person to kill. This is not some vague, fuzzy possible scenario, this is real. A racist skin head used his ideology, an ideology espousing the elimination of any and all "sub-humans". Your argument sometimes is that this ideology should be condemned.....and then again "ideology is not a problem". You are attempting to divorce the individual from the values he used, his ideology.
    It doesn't fly.




    Since my argument was completely on target, it certainly cleared things up for those who aren't wedded to their falsely rigid perception of an ideological concept.
    No, your goalposts moved from one side of the street to the other.



    I personally do not like those views. Ultimately, I have no issue if someone has them, though... depending on how they act on them, of course.
    You avoided my points, YOU have values you use, you act upon, that guide you. Yours are positive (assumption), you would say that they enhance your life and those around you. On the other hand, if your ideas are destructive, if your values cause harm, then the ideas are VERY bad. We condemn YOU and YOUR values, we don't separate and say..."Well, his ideas about killing people of other races is not the problem".

    Of course they ARE.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #384
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    I'm guessing an unemployed blue collar guy who blamed "foreigners" for his life position.
    Sounds like the right wing. . .

    Proponents of the Arizona-style laws say illegal immigrant workers drive down wages and take jobs away from U.S. born citizens who are unemployed and struggling to find work.

    Florida's proposed immigration bill weighs heavily on business community : TCPalm

  5. #385
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    However a white-surpremisist neo-nazi's ideology and view point is comparable in reference to the mainstream conservative ideology of Republicanism in the same way NAMBLA's ideology is comparable in reference to the mainstream GLBT communities ideology
    Nope. Mainstream republicans and neo-nazis are pretty much the same when it comes to their bigotry. . .

    whereas the number of GLBT supporters who defend pedophilia is too small even to be considered tiny.

  6. #386
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Actually, the right reacts with frenzied defense and accusations of playing the racism card every time it's mentioned. The fact is, this clown may belong to a minority but there are a hell of a lot of people on the Right who wouldn't do this but 'understand' why somebody would.

    And please don't play the 'poor white southerner' card. They gave up any right for sympathy around 1964.
    Here ya go. This might come in handy, since you use yours with such regularity.

    Attachment 67132202
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #387
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    No one yet knows who the perp is or what the motives are.
    We do now!

  8. #388
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    One thing we learned from the theater shooting in Colorado that it will be a couple days for we have enough information to make any opinion.

    The liberals already think they know it all.

  9. #389
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    The liberals already think they know it all.
    FYI, the news is all out there. A brain-dead white supremacist who led some stupid band took out his hatred in a gurdwara.

  10. #390
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    o-WADE-MICHAEL-PAGE-WISCONSIN-SHOOTING-570.jpg

    Well I guess that ends that debate, huh?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •