Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 503

Thread: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

  1. #351
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,350

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just as an observation point... something for all of you on both sides of the aisle to remember as one side blames the other for what happened. The ideology is not the problem... for two reasons. Firstly, it is people who choose how to respond to their beliefs. Two people can have the same beliefs and both can respond and react to those beliefs completely differently. And secondly, anyone who uses the actions of an extremist to condemn an entire group... NOT just the extremists of that group, doesn't know what they are talking about and are just making invalid and ridiculous overgeneralizations, probably based on their own invalid biases. So... leftwingers... please remember this when you foolishly try to condemn right wing ideology for what happened in Milwaukee.

    You may now return to your regularly scheduled foolish partisan bashing.
    I believe it is the extremism that much of the right is embracing that is the frightening part. How far is Donald Trump from this maniac, ideologically? Extremisn is extremism, there really is no middle ground.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 08-06-12 at 04:14 PM.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just as an observation point... something for all of you on both sides of the aisle to remember as one side blames the other for what happened. The ideology is not the problem... for two reasons. Firstly, it is people who choose how to respond to their beliefs. Two people can have the same beliefs and both can respond and react to those beliefs completely differently. And secondly, anyone who uses the actions of an extremist to condemn an entire group... NOT just the extremists of that group, doesn't know what they are talking about and are just making invalid and ridiculous overgeneralizations, probably based on their own invalid biases. So... leftwingers... please remember this when you foolishly try to condemn right wing ideology for what happened in Milwaukee.

    You may now return to your regularly scheduled foolish partisan bashing.
    If the ideology, the ideas, are the rationale for the actions, then yes, the ideology is a problem.

    Please, do continue to try to muddy the water, cloud the issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #353
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Good point, because as we know 'right wing ideology' has nothing to do with racism.
    Last edited by Wiggen; 08-06-12 at 04:16 PM.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #354
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I believe it is the extremism that much of the right is embracing that is the frightening part. How far is Donald Trump from this maniac, ideologically?
    There are extremists on both sides of the coin. I prefer to condemn the extremists rather than attacking the entire ideology. A BETTER idea is for members of that ideology to attack their own extremists. The more rightwingers that come out and condemn this guy and his beliefs, the more isolated he becomes... and the less most people will associate him with them.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #355
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,312

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As in, in wouldn't have been so bad if it was a mosque?
    I did not think about it that way (my comment was about someone so ignorant and blinded by hate,
    that they did not know they picked the wrong target).
    Yes it might have been better if it was a Mosque.
    The Muslim sabbath is on Firday, so fewer people might have been around on a Sunday morning.

  6. #356
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If the ideology, the ideas, are the rationale for the actions, then yes, the ideology is a problem.
    Not at all. It's how someone interprets and then acts on what they interpret.

    Please, do continue to try to muddy the water, cloud the issues.
    No, I'd imagine that's your job. I'm clearing things up.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #357
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not at all. It's how someone interprets and then acts on what they interpret.



    No, I'd imagine that's your job. I'm clearing things up.
    No, you aren't.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #358
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    No, you aren't.
    Only people who only look at things with black/white blinders wouldn't think so.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #359
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Not at all. It's how someone interprets and then acts on what they interpret.
    This is an argument to divorce ideology from action. It is totally false. The values you act upon can be legit, rational...or not. Those values can be judged. Your argument is to remove judgement of ideologies, an argument that ideas are all neutral, no matter how extreme that idea appears.

    This is a totally false argument, it is BS.



    No, I'd imagine that's your job. I'm clearing things up.
    Making false arguments is NOT clearing things up at all, other than making clear what kind of arguments a person makes.

    Edit:
    It appears as though there are ideas you hold to, an I would assume that they are legitimate to you:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm actually a pretty Conservative Jew.
    I would love to see how you would make an argument that the views of white supremacy/neo-NAZI-ism are not a problem.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-06-12 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #360
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Mass Shooting at Sikh Temple Outside Milwaukee [W:211]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just as an observation point... something for all of you on both sides of the aisle to remember as one side blames the other for what happened. The ideology is not the problem... for two reasons. Firstly, it is people who choose how to respond to their beliefs. Two people can have the same beliefs and both can respond and react to those beliefs completely differently. And secondly, anyone who uses the actions of an extremist to condemn an entire group... NOT just the extremists of that group, doesn't know what they are talking about and are just making invalid and ridiculous overgeneralizations, probably based on their own invalid biases. So... leftwingers... please remember this when you foolishly try to condemn right wing ideology for what happened in Milwaukee.

    You may now return to your regularly scheduled foolish partisan bashing.
    There isnt much of a hassle with partisanship on discussing the epidemic of social terrorism because too many still think each attack is an isolated incident.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •