Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94

Thread: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

  1. #61
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    This says nothing about homosexuality at all. Neither condemning it nor condoning it...or even neutral on it. It just says nothing about it period.

    It does however talk about how the woman is subject to the man. And the funny thing about this passage is that I never hear about it any other conversation that does not talk about SSM. Unless of course it comes from some nutzoid that even a great majority of Christians agree is a nutzoid.
    What it says is that marriage is between a man and a woman. The point being contended is that marriage was defined in the Old Testament and, seeing as how it was in the Old Testament, it does not apply to us. Ephesians is a New Testament book, therefore, his point was incorrect. Anything else or are you going to continue to argue with your emotions instead of facts?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #62
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, if a couple of pooter-pokers or slit-slappers want to get married, they should be allowed to, but it's really such an unimportant issue. I'd like to see issues that actually matter in the front page news.
    Agreed. They're Americans just like us. They should have the same rights as everyone else.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #63
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Agreed. They're Americans just like us. They should have the same rights as everyone else.
    actually we all do have the same rights. ssm is really more about expanding the right.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    What it says is that marriage is between a man and a woman. The point being contended is that marriage was defined in the Old Testament and, seeing as how it was in the Old Testament, it does not apply to us. Ephesians is a New Testament book, therefore, his point was incorrect. Anything else or are you going to continue to argue with your emotions instead of facts?
    Since you brought it up, this is what it says in the bible about marriage.



    Please explain why you only embrace one "tradition" and not all of them?

    BTW - I never got my goats from my father-in-law and my wife wasn't a virgin and we forgot to stone her. What do you say about those traditions?

  5. #65
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Since you brought it up, this is what it says in the bible about marriage.



    Please explain why you only embrace one "tradition" and not all of them?

    BTW - I never got my goats from my father-in-law and my wife wasn't a virgin and we forgot to stone her. What do you say about those traditions?
    Well, the Bible doesn't specify that anyone needs to get their goats from their father in law, or what the punishment should absolutely be (or that there should even be a punishment) for a woman not being a virgin. But the Bible does specifically say that marriage is between a man and a woman.

    I'm not taking sides either way. That's just the facts.

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    What it says is that marriage is between a man and a woman. The point being contended is that marriage was defined in the Old Testament and, seeing as how it was in the Old Testament, it does not apply to us. Ephesians is a New Testament book, therefore, his point was incorrect. Anything else or are you going to continue to argue with your emotions instead of facts?
    No it doesn't. It just says that wifes are subject to their husbands. Thats ALL that it says and thats all that it was talking about. Remember, this was at a time that women were nothing more than property. Considered less than a man. The people that wrote the bible wanted to reinforce that.

    And I'm not the one that is talking with my emotions. I just think that if someone is going to quote the bible then they should get its instructions correct instead of using it to advance their goals. Doing so disrespects God.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    actually we all do have the same rights. ssm is really more about expanding the right.
    Not so much expanding it as applying it correctly.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #68
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No it doesn't. It just says that wifes are subject to their husbands. Thats ALL that it says and thats all that it was talking about. Remember, this was at a time that women were nothing more than property. Considered less than a man. The people that wrote the bible wanted to reinforce that.

    And I'm not the one that is talking with my emotions. I just think that if someone is going to quote the bible then they should get its instructions correct instead of using it to advance their goals. Doing so disrespects God.
    My issue is this. If God endorsed gay marriage, if He has no problem with it, why is it that throughout the entire Bible marriage is referred to as husband and wife? That's the point of my post. If God intended for marriage to be between whomever we wanted, He would not have had instructions on marriage be sex specific. No emotion there. Those are facts.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #69
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Since you brought it up, this is what it says in the bible about marriage.



    Please explain why you only embrace one "tradition" and not all of them?

    BTW - I never got my goats from my father-in-law and my wife wasn't a virgin and we forgot to stone her. What do you say about those traditions?
    Marriage must be in the same faith- What's wrong with that? God wants Christians to marry other Christians. Whats the issue with that? BTW, God doesn't condemn all marriages where both people are not Christians. I am living proof. My wife was not a Christian when we married. Now she is. And I believe that's exactly how God intended it.

    Subordinate wife/proof of virginity- Well, first of all, you mixed two books from different testaments. First, subordinate. When God says subordinate, it doesn't mean the wife is the husbands slave. It means, for instance, that the ultimate decision (after having discussed it with his wife) is the husbands. Again, there is nothing wrong with that. My wife and I are best friends. I don't treat her like a slave at all. We make decisions together. Anyone in a leadership position, who is a good leader, will tell you that soliciting input from "subordinates" is one of the most important things you do as a leader. Also, any good leader will tell you that as a leader, you serve your subordinates. A good leader doesn't believe that his subordinates exist to serve him, he is there to serve them and make their life better. Much like the example Jesus sets for us. Now, proof of virginity. God uses symbolism throughout the Bible. Such as when Jesus was allowed to be tempted. He knew Jesus would not succumb to the temptation. So why was it done? So that no human could ever say, "Jesus didn't go through what I have." What you didn't read was that it took 2-3 witnesses to convict someone of a crime back then. God knew that. Do you really believe that 2 or 3 people would see a woman losing her virginity? No, they wouldn't. Unless it was rape and that's a different story all together.
    Marriages should be arranged- Cite the verse.
    Marrying a brother- This was done for a couple of reasons. A) The world was not fully populated. People have to have sex to do that last time I checked. B) The husband needed an heir to his estate. That was important in those days. Why, I don't know and neither do you. C) A widow was a easy target for marauders and bad people in general back then.
    Faults of men of God- Are you perfect? No, you're not. Neither am I. Neither were they. The only perfect man to walk the earth was Jesus. Any man God blesses is blessed despite that persons faults, not because of them.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #70
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,522

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    I still didn't get those goats from my father in law.
    I'll just make up for the lack by taking on a couple more concubines.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •