Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 94 of 94

Thread: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

  1. #91
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The only reason the "original sin" was a sin at all was because Adam and Eve had been forbidden to eat the fruit.

    So, they did need god to tell them, and the sin was one of disobedience.

    Some Christians believe that the forbidden fruit was an apple, yet they have no problem eating apples today, as they are no longer forbidden.

    Some say that homosexuality is forbidden, too, yet god made homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. Why would god forbid anyone to be what he made them to be?
    I agree, but if you are going to not eat Chick-fil-A anymore, are you going to not buy gasoline either? After all, in the countries where oil comes from, being gay is punishable by death.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #92
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually when I was much younger my folks were JW's. For that reason I had to read the bible quite a bit. I almost always came away thinking "Dang...don't want to piss God off!" Yeah, I didn't study it in depth...I was a kid after all. But I've read enough of it that I'm not a complete ignoramous on the subject. I'm also quite versed in history as that is one of my hobbies. Between the two I'm pretty sure that I've got a firm grasp of the Bible.
    If you say you know it, then you do. I won't call you a liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    This sounds like a good excuse to make up imagined "wrongs" to me. So how do you actually know whether something is wrong or not? Whats to stop your pastor or equivilent from saying that kids should never jump off a swing because it is sinful? I mean its not in the bible yet you seem quite willing to believe that something is a sin whether its in the bible or not so....
    I won't dispute that some people make up imagined wrongs. IMO, being a Christian isn't about following a rule book though. Sure, there are things you shouldn't do that are laid out plainly in the Bible. But there are also personal convictions. I'll give you an example. The Bible never says we shouldn't drink alcohol. It just says we shouldn't get drunk. However, I don't buy alcohol because I don't want to be associated with the possibility of being drunk. So, therefore, I feel alcohol is wrong FOR ME. Now, if a pastor wants to say something is wrong, then he needs to back it up with scripture. Reason being, he is now telling others something is wrong in his interpertation of the Bible. If he can back up his belief with scripture, then I'll believe it. If he can't, I'll get up and walk out. BTW, one of the reasons we can delineate that pedophilia is wrong is because sex outside of marriage is wrong. That's just one of a few ways we can say pedophilia is wrong even though the Bible never says it actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Romance? In the bible? Where?
    Song of Solomon man. Come on. You should read it. If a person is married, they can get some good lines from it. Its right after Psalms, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I agree, but if you are going to not eat Chick-fil-A anymore, are you going to not buy gasoline either? After all, in the countries where oil comes from, being gay is punishable by death.
    I'm no fan of the oil companies, but if the CEO of Chevron ever says the invisible man is the sky is irked by America's tolerance, I'm going to Shell.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,570

    Re: Chicken Lips Are Scarce: Great Gay Kiss-Off Lays a Gigantic Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thou shalt not is a pretty definitive statement. There is probably a reason why it was given. It wasn't given "thou shalt not...stand on one foot, tap your head, and rub your belly". That would be frivolous. So...when it comes to determining the right vs wrong, the willingness to heed or not, well...that's a personal choice and we have to assume it was given for a reason. Do you so easily discount all those other "thou shalt not"s or just the ones that are convenient?
    Where and when did Christ say, "Thou shalt not engage in homosexual behavior?"
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •