Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 161

Thread: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

  1. #131
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    We crossed that line a long time ago. There is a reason businesses have been employing psychologists in their advertising campaigns. They take advantage of us by knowing our flaws and have been doing so for a long while now.
    I know dude. But allowing it in the past by no means implies we must allow it now. I think in the past while they could do it, it was expensive, slow and cumbersome. That's not true anymore, and the amount you can get and the speed you can get it in....it's exploded. It's too much, but I want my tech. So government must be further restricted and so must business. Anything business related is related to business, but outside that...we have aggregated information transference and storage to such a level that it now warrants restriction on business as well.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #132
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In this case, no. For you are just running your mouth, but his response would be assault. You should be free to do as you like so long as you do not infringe upon the rights of others in the process.
    While I agree its assault....... my post was more focused on the "fear-reprisal" part of the equation.... Maybe I used a bad example....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    He could also say "get out of my store" and in adpst's view that would be a violation of his speech rights because being kicked out of a store would be a consequence.
    This would be a better example. Thanks.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Naw, that's property rights. And in many cases so is the boss for firing the individual. It's a tough call cause you can see abuse either way. Though the same is true with government in general, yes?

    The datamining, the surveillance, etc. which exists now....it's getting to obscene levels and will only get worse. I fear that we could all become defacto slaves here because of the sins brought by technology. And on that front, I'd rather cut this off at the pass. There are behavioral expectations and other limitations to employment, but we really are getting to a point in which we no longer have personal lives, and at that point you're as good a slave.

    I don't know, I think on some level this is why everything should be performance base. Don't care what you do on your time, so long as that on my time you are the best there is. And of course even that has limitations.
    Don't use this type of technology to allow the whole world to see what you do then.

    Any time you do something and post it on youtube, its freely available to anyone.

    If this video was posted in a more private method, thats a different story in my opinion. The fact that he put it out there like, "HELLO WORLD LOOK AT ME THE BIG DOUCHE BAG!!!" removes his expectation of privacy.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I do agree on many levels, and I think self regulation is a proper means through which we can eliminate government coercion. But I just see the level of Social Brother (right, not even Big Brother) surveillance into our lives and if anyone messes up, even once, then it will have life destroying consequences. But it really does feel as if we are getting to a point that because of the tech we have, and the databasing, and the searching algorithms that it is becoming harder and harder to be an individual. And that is not a good thing.
    This has nothing to do with the topic.........Are you confused?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We might have to agree to disagree, my brother.



    But, that's not what happened. This cat simply expressed his disagreement with Chick Filet's managment's public opinion on gay marriage. Is he an asshole? Sure, but there is nothing in the criminal code that makes being as asshole a crime.

    This dude shouldn't be punished for expressing his opinion, just like Chick Filet shouldn't be boycotted because it's managment expressed it's opinion.
    There is nothing dealing with criminal code in his firing.

    This is a civil matter between his employer and him, and not subject to government amendments.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #137
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I didn't dodge anything. You can't challenge my point, so you make accusations.
    Yes, I very much did make an accusation of you dodging my point about your inane idea about how free speech should work. Society should very much have a say in regulating itself or else it will fall apart. Tribalism is a necessary component of any functioning society and tribalism needs some basic groundwork to function, one of those is shared mythology. Like I said, this is probably the primary reason the US is falling apart. If the country were solely liberal or solely conservative, it would function great, but with two major warring factions, it does not work so well.

    If people just went off and did their own thing, we would not have a society that actually did its job for humanity. This is basic sociology dude.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't disagree that this guy's employer doesn't have the right to fire him. I question whether, or not, it's right to fire him, over this.

    He showed his ass in public. I mean, so what? Have you ever showed your ass in public?
    He showed his ass in public and then, basically, bragged about it to the world... that is different.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This has nothing to do with the topic.........Are you confused?
    I was having a conversation with Mega and that post was a direct response to him.............Are you stupid?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #140
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Viral video of man picking on Chick-fil-A worker gets him fired

    All I know is I signed a contract that stated I am a representative of company (I work for part time) and reflect on the company.

    He did not think this through. Considering I live in an at will state, glad that pompous jerk got fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •