Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #61
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Really...a comparison to the 2000's in job growth......is "blaming Bush"? Is that really how you see it? See, I think your comment is the diversion, since it has no relationship to what I posted, I think again it is your way of changing the subject. The subject was "this is the worst recovery", I show that the payroll recovery is better than the 2000's.....and you think this is a comment on blaming Bush.....for an economy doing better, in this measure, than the Bush years.
    It just amazes me how twisted some ideas are.
    The month before the recession began the employment number in this country was 146 million and today it is 142 million. That seems to be an economic success to a liberal. You think that the 23 million unemployed/ under employed Americans are concerned about what the employment situation was in 2000? Obama results will be on the ballot, not what Bush did or didn't do in your opinion.

    By the way, liberals keep claiming this was the worst recession since the Great Depression. By what standards did this recession exceed th 81-82 recession? Employment-NO, Unemployment-NO, Misery Index-NO. At least we know intellectual honesty isn't a strong suit of an Obama supporter

  2. #62
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,172

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Lower taxes create an atmosphere for positive economic growth. What do you do when you get more spendable income? Does more spendable income translate into more economic activity?
    Sure, and lower taxes can create more demand, which in turn creates jobs.

    Lowering taxes would be a good idea, but that would in turn lower tax revenue. In the current climate with the TP playing deficit hawks, I don't know that it's possible. Now is the wrong time to worry about deficits, that time was when the economy was growing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Whose debt burden?
    Average Americans..."folks".

    How does raising taxes on the rich lower their debt burden?
    I wasn't addressing that, that is not what I was commenting on. The comments were that taxes were limiting spending on "you". I don't think the person you made that comment to is "rich", and I am not either. My comment was for the vast middle class who are the main "spenders", those who have cut back on spending which has lowered overall demand.

    Let me see if I have this correct, in 2011 Obama said that raising taxes on anyone during 2.5% economic growth wasn't a good idea but now that that GDP growth is 1.5% it is a good thing? You people just keep showing how foolish you and your ideology is
    He is not talking about raising taxes on the middle/lower classes.....which AGAIN is who I am addressing. FOLKS.....not the "rich"......which I guess is you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #64
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    On the other hand, we have stuff to pay for. Nobody would suggest that lowering taxes is always good. Eventually you don't have enough revenue to pay for things. Similarly, nobody would suggest that raising taxes always raises revenue.

    Unless they're stupid, anyway. The economy is very complicated, absolute statements are universally wrong. Wait, that was an absolute statement...
    I would also add that there is no economic model that suggests this is the time to increase the tax rate on anyone.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #65
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    This has to be a joke from the right. It has to be. You can't demand more tax cuts then complain about the deficit.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #66
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The month before the recession began the employment number in this country was 146 million and today it is 142 million. That seems to be an economic success to a liberal. You think that the 23 million unemployed/ under employed Americans are concerned about what the employment situation was in 2000? Obama results will be on the ballot, not what Bush did or didn't do in your opinion.
    You seem to think that even after i corrected you on what the subject of my comment was, that you have discovered what it is now. No, you still have it wrong, my comment is about "economists who think this is the worst recovery".

    You still are way off target about MY comment.

    By the way, liberals keep claiming this was the worst recession since the Great Depression. By what standards did this recession exceed th 81-82 recession? Employment-NO, Unemployment-NO, Misery Index-NO. At least we know intellectual honesty isn't a strong suit of an Obama supporter
    There you go again, you once again are using this as an opportunity to go off on your favorite tale of how bad it was....but then when I or anyone else brings up the massive spending by Reagan to get the economy going, you throw a tantrum and knock your toys out of the pram.....and complain to the mods.

    Go tell your tale to someone else, someone who is interested, otherwise....just for once....read what I post and directly respond....for once in your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #67
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    This has to be a joke from the right. It has to be. You can't demand more tax cuts then complain about the deficit.
    No one is asking for a tax cut. The idea is to leave the taxes as they are, not raise them.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Sure, and lower taxes can create more demand, which in turn creates jobs.

    Lowering taxes would be a good idea, but that would in turn lower tax revenue. In the current climate with the TP playing deficit hawks, I don't know that it's possible. Now is the wrong time to worry about deficits, that time was when the economy was growing.
    Since you stated that lowering taxes creates jobs don't those employed people pay taxes? Why is it liberals never understand what economic growth does to tax revenue? Do you even know what makes up tax revenue? Only FIT? Did you know that Reagan tax cuts led to 16 million new taxpayers and an increase in tax revenue by 60%? U.S. Treasury Data

  9. #69
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Average Americans..."folks".

    I wasn't addressing that, that is not what I was commenting on. The comments were that taxes were limiting spending on "you". I don't think the person you made that comment to is "rich", and I am not either. My comment was for the vast middle class who are the main "spenders", those who have cut back on spending which has lowered overall demand.

    He is not talking about raising taxes on the middle/lower classes.....which AGAIN is who I am addressing. FOLKS.....not the "rich"......which I guess is you.
    Don't see an answer to the question, how does raising taxes on the rich benefit the economy?

  10. #70
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You seem to think that even after i corrected you on what the subject of my comment was, that you have discovered what it is now. No, you still have it wrong, my comment is about "economists who think this is the worst recovery".

    You still are way off target about MY comment.

    There you go again, you once again are using this as an opportunity to go off on your favorite tale of how bad it was....but then when I or anyone else brings up the massive spending by Reagan to get the economy going, you throw a tantrum and knock your toys out of the pram.....and complain to the mods.

    Go tell your tale to someone else, someone who is interested, otherwise....just for once....read what I post and directly respond....for once in your life.
    Massive spending? So you think that tax cuts are an expense and thus spending by the govt? How much did the spending go up during the Reagan term and what effect did 16 million new taxpayers have on govt. revenue?

    You are obviously not interested in history or actual results as you ignore history and distort actual results. Keep beating that Obama drum.

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •