Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #621
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What massive layoff's? 9000 in July is massive in your world? 7000 state and 2000 Federal? Without those 9000 the unemployment would still be over 13 million in July
    Try over 700,000 since 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #622
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Try over 700,000 since 2009.
    So instead of 13.5 million it would be 12.8 million unemployed? You seem to have problems with numbers, millions are bigger than thousands

  3. #623
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Just a reminder:

    Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    How about that Obama?

    I'd love to have a beer with the guy - but what a crappy POTUS he has been.
    Losing public sector employees ads to those figures. Sorry, but that is the cost of shrinking government. For the president to fix this, it would require more government hirings and not less. The president doesn't control this, and some will remember that when and if their guy ever gets elected.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #624
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Losing public sector employees ads to those figures. Sorry, but that is the cost of shrinking government. For the president to fix this, it would require more government hirings and not less. The president doesn't control this, and some will remember that when and if their guy ever gets elected.
    spoken like a true big govt. liberal and obviously wrong, a growing private sector can support a growing govt. but not the other way around where you expect a growing public sector to create a bigger private sector.

  5. #625
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So instead of 13.5 million it would be 12.8 million unemployed? You seem to have problems with numbers, millions are bigger than thousands
    Unemployment by month. Let's subtract those govt. unemployed from these numbers and then tell us all how much better it would be?

    2009 12049 12860 13389 13796 14505 14727 14646 14861 15012 15421 15227 15124
    2010 14953 15039 15128 15221 14876 14517 14609 14735 14574 14636 15104 14393
    2011 13919 13751 13628 13792 13892 14024 13908 13920 13897 13759 13323 13097
    2012 12758 12806 12673 12500 12720 12749 12794

  6. #626
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So instead of 13.5 million it would be 12.8 million unemployed? You seem to have problems with numbers, millions are bigger than thousands
    And the current levels are less than in Jan 2009.

    Imagine how much better we would be without those losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #627
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    spoken like a true big govt. liberal and obviously wrong, a growing private sector can support a growing govt. but not the other way around where you expect a growing public sector to create a bigger private sector.
    Private sector growth has happened under this admin, better than the last one...who you voted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #628
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And the current levels are less than in Jan 2009.

    Imagine how much better we would be without those losses.
    No, sorry they aren't

  9. #629
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Private sector growth has happened under this admin, better than the last one...who you voted for.
    No, sorry that isn't true either, you are batting 0 for the thread

  10. #630
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    spoken like a true big govt. liberal and obviously wrong, a growing private sector can support a growing govt. but not the other way around where you expect a growing public sector to create a bigger private sector.
    Are they the only ones who speak the truth? Is that your claim?

    You try to hard to avoid points by throwing out your stereotypes. This is lazy as an argument.

    And right now, the private sector is growing and the public is shrinking. What in that supports your thesis?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •