Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #491
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, I said he was responsible for the results because they happened during his term. It wasn't his policies that created the recession.
    No, you said Obama's policies are responsible for the GDP results, now you say Bush's policies are not responsible for his GDP results.

    You are contradicting yourself, talking out of two sides of your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #492
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Trend is certainly right but what is your point. Obama economic policies have generated results that are a disaster but results that you are willing to overlook.
    If we follow your logic (not mine) the trend is due to Obama; thus Obama is moving the country in the direction you apporve of. Just not as fast as you'd like (which btw would mean a lot more unemployed).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #493
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Tishhead View Post
    So I assume you consider the government bloating Reagan a failure and the govt-cutting Clinton a ringing success.
    What does that have to do with your lack of understanding of how much Obama added to the 2009 deficit? Reagan, Clinton, Bush aren't on the ballot in November, so all your diversion from the Obama record doesn't change that record

  4. #494
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Whose policies did?
    Read and learn grasshopper: Subprime mortgage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #495
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If we follow your logic (not mine) the trend is due to Obama; thus Obama is moving the country in the direction you apporve of. Just not as fast as you'd like (which btw would mean a lot more unemployed).
    Obama lacks the leadership skills to do the job, he seems to believe you can delegate responsibility i.e the stimulus plan to someone else, ie Pelosi and Reid andthen when it fails blame someone else. Obama has demonized the private sector and individual wealth creation. His policies have hurt the small businesses which are the real hiring engine in this country by putting added expenses on their business. They cannot print money therefore aren't going to hire anyone. The 23 million unemployed/under employed Americans have very little if anything to do with public employees retiring or being downsized

  6. #496
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Everyone had a hand in that, and it was not the only problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #497
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, you said Obama's policies are responsible for the GDP results, now you say Bush's policies are not responsible for his GDP results.

    You are contradicting yourself, talking out of two sides of your mouth.
    Since Obama and his party controlled the entire govt. for his first two years whose policies are responsible for the results?

  8. #498
    Advisor Romulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-28-14 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    324

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Tishhead View Post
    Pretense of knowledge? You can find that quote but you can't find the jobs numbers and GDP numbers for bush? Odd.
    What I mean is the "multiplier effect" is a failed economics/mathematical predictor of events, therefore I can't tell you if Bush tax cuts had a "multiplier effect" at all. However, dollar for dollar, according to the Obama administration, they had a 3 times greater effect than the stimulus.

  9. #499
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama lacks the leadership skills to do the job, he seems to believe you can delegate responsibility i.e the stimulus plan to someone else, ie Pelosi and Reid andthen when it fails blame someone else. Obama has demonized the private sector and individual wealth creation. His policies have hurt the small businesses which are the real hiring engine in this country by putting added expenses on their business. They cannot print money therefore aren't going to hire anyone. The 23 million unemployed/under employed Americans have very little if anything to do with public employees retiring or being downsized
    Yes, you have your hackery down, but I am asking somethign quite different. I want you to see how your logic, (not mine) makes Obama just what you want. He is going in the direction you want. Remove the "D" and put an "R" on him, and he would be a mircle worker for you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #500
    User Tishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    08-03-12 @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What does that have to do with your lack of understanding of how much Obama added to the 2009 deficit? Reagan, Clinton, Bush aren't on the ballot in November, so all your diversion from the Obama record doesn't change that record
    Actually that post wasn't about the other presidents as much as it was about your hypocrisy. You rage about the evils of bigger govt -- except when your guys do it. The deficits in 2009 were swollen mostly because it was the biggest recession since the depression -- tax revenues dropped and automatic payments because of the economy jumped. Pretty basic stuff. You also have the huge drag on the economy from the Iraq war and the Bush giveaway to drug companies, plus the Bush tax cuts. The cost of the stimulus was dwarfed by those.

Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •