Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #471
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Spoken like a big central govt. liberal who expects the Federal govt. to save you from yourself because you cannot get your own policies through your state or local community.
    You're still dodging. I can only conclude you once again have nothing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Tishhead View Post
    I understand it perfectly. Bush's final budget year, which included the first 7 months of the Obama administration, had a higher deficit than Obama's first budget year 10-09 to 10-10. Is there something about this concept that you're not getting?
    He doesn't want to know it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He doesn't want to know it.
    Please explain to me where the GM/Chrysler bailout, the Stimulus Plan, the Afghanistan supplementals were in that Bush budget deficit? You liberals are so predictable and wrong

  4. #474
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because the money that goes to employ Federal Employees can be used to lower the deficit and force these people back into the private sector. How in the world can we survive with fewer federal employees?
    Uh...yeah, you force them into a job market that by your own admission can't keep up now....and you want to lower the GDP to boot.

    Like I said, you are calling for MORE unemployment AND LOWER GDP numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #475
    User Tishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    08-03-12 @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    I've already been through this argument with Gimmesometruth who couldn't handle the truth earlier. The government's own numbers, from the hallucinated Keynesian economic matrix called a "multiplier effect" created jobs @ 1x. In other words, 1 times the amount of money spent (or about $200K per job). Their own numbers produced by Christina Romer showed if the equivalent amount of money were released into the economy in the form of tax cuts, that number would have increased to 3x.



    When she released the proof, Obama fired her.
    Yes because "releasing" the money worked so spectacularly well under Bush didn't it?

  6. #476
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please explain to me where the GM/Chrysler bailout, the Stimulus Plan, the Afghanistan supplementals were in that Bush budget deficit? You liberals are so predictable and wrong
    They didn't add up to as much as Bush's budget did. And Bush did some bailing out you might recall.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're still dodging. I can only conclude you once again have nothing.
    I can only conclude that you support a massive central govt. duplicating your state services because you aren't able to get your state to do what you want to do. Liberals always want the Federal Bureaucrats to force states to do what they cannot get done on their own through their state or local governments. Yes, we should cut much of the Federal Labor force

  8. #478
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I can only conclude that you support a massive central govt. duplicating your state services because you aren't able to get your state to do what you want to do. Liberals always want the Federal Bureaucrats to force states to do what they cannot get done on their own through their state or local governments. Yes, we should cut much of the Federal Labor force
    Try answering me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #479
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They didn't add up to as much as Bush's budget did. And Bush did some bailing out you might recall.
    How much did it add to the deficit? How many Bush Administrative personnel remained in the Obama Administration to spend the money?

  10. #480
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush is responsible for the results just like Obama is responsible for the results today. Leaders cannot delegate responsibility. Bush policies had nothing to do with the results but they are what they are
    You just flip flopped, you said that the policies are responsible for the results, but now you say they are not.

    You are contradicting yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •