Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #421
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? there aren't more Federal Employees today than when he took office? that is a lie if you say that isn't the case
    It looks like you're wrong Con.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data


  2. #422
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,668

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm afraid you're mistaken. You should read my links.
    Here is a quote from YOUR "CNN" link:

    "By many measures, the federal government has indeed grown during Obama's tenure. Spending as a share of the economy has gone up. The number of federal employees has risen. More Americans are relying on federal assistance."
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #423
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Here is a quote from YOUR "CNN" link:

    "By many measures, the federal government has indeed grown during Obama's tenure. Spending as a share of the economy has gone up. The number of federal employees has risen. More Americans are relying on federal assistance."
    Yes, I know. read on. read on. And look at that date, and the more recent chart. Try to make meaning. Synthethsize.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #424
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,668

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It looks like you're wrong Con.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    HE is NOT wrong as your stats are ALL gov't not FEDERAL gov't. And yes, their IS a difference. ;-)
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #425
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Yes, federal employment is up.....a whooping 2%...since 2009.

    And so many are whining about "keeping up with population"....except now.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    HE is NOT wrong as your stats are ALL gov't not FEDERAL gov't. And yes, their IS a difference. ;-)
    Explain. ........

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Then that means the Bush economic policy is responsible for the 2008 crash.

    Glad we have that sorted out.
    What exactly does the crash of 2008 have to do with the very poor Obama economic results in 2012?

  8. #428
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It looks like you're wrong Con.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    No, looks like you are wrong and posted the wrong chart

    Federal employment drops after years of explosive growth

  9. #429
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,668

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, I know. read on. read on. And look at that date, and the more recent chart. Try to make meaning. Synthethsize.
    What? Supply the link that you "allude to". I TRIED to use your latest post, yet it seems that you don't like it any more. You TRY to equate state and local gov'ts to the federal gov't, that is INSANE as they rely on entirely different tax pools for their support. Focus on Obama and his job of running the FEDERAL gov't. Compared to Bush, his predecessor, Obama has DOUBLED the federal deficit, increased federl spending by 20% and OBAMA has left federal taxation basically unchanged, thus the Obama plan is simply endless borrowing and FEDERAL gov't expansion. That is why Obamanomics does not work, plain and simple - this is NOT a sustainable thing.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #430
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, looks like you are wrong and posted the wrong chart

    Federal employment drops after years of explosive growth
    And that growth was why? Hint: read my link.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •