Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #371
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Actually, i take that back, there are fewer unemployed now...

    Attachment 67132053
    Right and discouraged workers which aren't counted in this number aren't unemployed?

  2. #372
    Advisor Romulus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-28-14 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    324

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Anyone with a shred of honesty in them can deny that of course the unemployment rate is going to go up till the election...the corps and rich are doing everything they can to keep the misery index up for working america to influence the election...gas prices have never spiked at the end of july without barrel prices shooting up...its just another part of the plot to keep americans on their knees and blame obama...but its not obama raising gas prices for no reason and its not obama not hiring...its the richie rich pigs at the trough.
    You think the rich are intentionally keeping unemployment rates and gas prices high in order to throw the election to Romney? Huh.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth;1060759402[B
    ]Again, this has already been discussed[/B], of course it is since employment is a lagging indicator and the recessionary effects were still playing out. Again, you are blaming him for losses that were happening from an event that occurred before he was sworn in.
    Of course it has, but it needs repeating as those on the left wish it never existed. To your point employment is a lagging indicator, with a current 1.5% GDP that would suggest the unemployment rate is going up not down. I look at the facts as history will show, which is what happens on a president's watch is his/hers. Period. I look at all presidents in that way as statistics will show. Such things like Obama was the first president to have our credit downgraded, Obama was the first president to increase the national debt over 1 Trillion in each yr of his first and only term. Obama is the first president to have unemployment over 8% for over 41 months and counting. You know stuff like that.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  4. #374
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right and discouraged workers which aren't counted in this number aren't unemployed?
    You are still having trouble with units I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #375
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Pretty simple, Wall Street is expecting Bernanke to print more money to stimulate this poor economy. Thought someone as smart as you think you are would understand that. Great to see the same people who demonized Wall Street during the Bush years when it went over 14000 excited about it now.
    So a higher than expected jobs number is the signal for the Fed to act? What would a lower number have done to the Dow then?
    What you call the demonization of Wall Street was directed at the Wall Street Commercial Banks who were responsible for inflating the housing bubble and crashing the worlds financial system. Some thought it was pretty bad that we had to bail them out too. You obviously believe they were stellar examples of capitalism.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Of course it has, but it needs repeating as those on the left wish it never existed.
    Doesn't everyone wish the recession had not happened?

    Was that supposed to be some weird attempt to make a .....point?


    To your point employment is a lagging indicator, with a current 1.5% GDP that would suggest the unemployment rate is going up not down.
    See now, you told me you understood what GDP means, now you are back misunderstanding it.



    I look at the facts as history will show, which is what happens on a president's watch is his/hers. Period. I look at all presidents in that way as statistics will show. Such things like Obama was the first president to have our credit downgraded, Obama was the first president to increase the national debt over 1 Trillion in each yr of his first and only term. Obama is the first president to have unemployment over 8% for over 41 months and counting. You know stuff like that.
    You are contradicting yourself, just a moment ago you understood that unemployment is lagging, so it is not a "period".

    But I get it, you are a negative, half-empty kind of guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #377
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Of course it has, but it needs repeating as those on the left wish it never existed. To your point employment is a lagging indicator, with a current 1.5% GDP that would suggest the unemployment rate is going up not down. I look at the facts as history will show, which is what happens on a president's watch is his/hers. Period. I look at all presidents in that way as statistics will show. Such things like Obama was the first president to have our credit downgraded, Obama was the first president to increase the national debt over 1 Trillion in each yr of his first and only term. Obama is the first president to have unemployment over 8% for over 41 months and counting. You know stuff like that.
    He is also the 1st President to inherit a economy that was shedding jobs at a rate of 700,000 a month. Making up losses like that takes time. Obama has created 4.5 million jobs in the last 29 months and 1.5 million this year alone. You know stuff like that.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    He is also the 1st President to inherit a economy that was shedding jobs at a rate of 700,000 a month. Making up losses like that takes time. Obama has created 4.5 million jobs in the last 29 months and 1.5 million this year alone. You know stuff like that.
    Last month there were 850,000 discouraged workers, are those workers unemployed? The difference between what he inherited and what is now is terminology. Bush never had 850,000 discouraged workers, ever. Obama has averaged double Bush in discouraged workers so adding discouraged workers to the unemployment numbers make the results the same. You continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the reality.

  9. #379
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Last month there were 850,000 discouraged workers, are those workers unemployed? The difference between what he inherited and what is now is terminology. Bush never had 850,000 discouraged workers, ever. Obama has averaged double Bush in discouraged workers so adding discouraged workers to the unemployment numbers make the results the same. You continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the reality.
    It is interesting that you are concerned about them now, since previously you said you would not hire a long-term unemployed discouraged worker. Now....you want to count them. Wonders never cease.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Last month there were 850,000 discouraged workers, are those workers unemployed? The difference between what he inherited and what is now is terminology. Bush never had 850,000 discouraged workers, ever. Obama has averaged double Bush in discouraged workers so adding discouraged workers to the unemployment numbers make the results the same. You continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the reality.
    The job loss is coming from the public sector. Something you want, smaller government. The job growth is in the private sector, also something you want. So under Obama. you're getting what you thinkis best. Right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •