Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #361
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, do you know what under employed means? Working full time and earning less money isn't an improvement. Obama sure has people like you brainwashed.
    Which might make sense if the average household income wasnt going up. Another fail. Obama doesnt have me brainwashed as I dont listen to his drivel. However one of us is brainwashed.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #362
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that changing the units changes the value? Is their some "exchange rate cost" that you know about......?
    This is ridiculous and irrelevant, the GDP isn't 13.6 trillion dollar as your chart shows, it is over 15 trillion dollars. That has nothing to do with the thread topic but it does show that the GDP growth isn't enough to reduce unemployment nor is it growing, but rather slowing as the current annualized rate of 1.5% shows. Have you and your partner figured out what annualized means?

  3. #363
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The GDP of this country is a little over 15 trillion dollars and that is the number we get revenue from and we pay debt serviceon the 16 trillion dollar debt. None of that is in chained dollars. St. Louis Fed isn't wrong but what purpose does that data serve? The growth rate is what it is as are the unemployment numbers
    You are using ( I assume) 2010 un-adjusted amounts, so what? That does not change the value, you are using a different unit of measure.

    FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    It seems you have a habit of calling people an idiot and now uneducated folk. Consumers do not make policies that effect the economy. Consumers did not write the Obamacare law.
    Consumers control the economy far more than any president ever has.


    Anytime you wish to pick dates to make a point is cherry picking, like from 2010 to now.
    I am not cherry picking anything. The only way your point would make sense would be if i were arguing that the economy has improved since obama took office. Which i am not. I picked a date of about 2 years and looked at the numbers. I suppose I could have gone back 100 years too but its not really appliciable.

    The next guy will say, from the day Obama took office there are more unemployed now than when he took office.
    Which is 100000000% completely irrelevant to my argument.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #365
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is ridiculous and irrelevant, the GDP isn't 13.6 trillion dollar as your chart shows, it is over 15 trillion dollars. That has nothing to do with the thread topic but it does show that the GDP growth isn't enough to reduce unemployment nor is it growing, but rather slowing as the current annualized rate of 1.5% shows. Have you and your partner figured out what annualized means?
    I did not know that we had to help you with "annualized", i'm still trying to get you to understand the basics of "units". Slow down there cowboy, lets get first things first.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post


    Which is 100000000% completely irrelevant to my argument.
    But it is fact that there are more unemployed under Obama now, than from the day he took office. And I assume you agree with this.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #367
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    But it is fact that there are more unemployed under Obama now, than from the day he took office. And I assume you agree with this.
    yes. again. i am not arguing that the economy has improved since obama took over or even that it improved because of obama.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #368
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    But it is fact that there are more unemployed under Obama now, than from the day he took office. And I assume you agree with this.
    Again, this has already been discussed, of course it is since employment is a lagging indicator and the recessionary effects were still playing out. Again, you are blaming him for losses that were happening from an event that occurred before he was sworn in.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #369
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, this has already been discussed, of course it is since employment is a lagging indicator and the recessionary effects were still playing out. Again, you are blaming him for losses that were happening from an event that occurred before he was sworn in.
    Actually, i take that back, there are fewer unemployed now...

    unemployed 09-12.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #370
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Anyone with a shred of honesty in them can deny that of course the unemployment rate is going to go up till the election...the corps and rich are doing everything they can to keep the misery index up for working america to influence the election...gas prices have never spiked at the end of july without barrel prices shooting up...its just another part of the plot to keep americans on their knees and blame obama...but its not obama raising gas prices for no reason and its not obama not hiring...its the richie rich pigs at the trough.

Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •