Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #191
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Yes it does.

    Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

    Table A-8. Employed persons by class of worker and part-time status

    Just use your calculator and there is your %.


    That's your entire evidence that Gallup's overall numbers are more accurate then the BLS's?

    Gallup contacts less people (I believe), does not include 16-17 year olds and is NOT seasonally adjusted...how could it be more accurate?



    Btw - are you an Obama supporter?
    Seriously take some time and review the numbers between now and this time last year.

    Btw - are you an Obama supporter?
    i have not decided who i am supporting yet. I do not think obama has done a good job in office and I do not beleive Romney will do a good job.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #192
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    It is funny how since I am looking at the numbers from year to year since 2010 and acknowledging that our economy is improving all the sudden so many of you auto assume I worship obama and i am suddenly a super liberal. You people need help. Apparently you think comprehension of data and not lying and being selective about the info one acknowledges makes a person a super liberal obama worshipper. Does that really make sense to you guys?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    keep rolling your eyes. i have provided data that refutes your claim, you have provided nothing.
    The definition of what is public debt, and what is not, is not something I care to waste time debating.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You are living in a bizarro world of propaganda. Who filled your brain with such nonsense. Your only answer for anything Government. It's bizarre.

    Do you have any idea how naive and nonsensical you sound? How does Government generate revenue. I don't want anymore of your "It's not Obama's fault, the Government is not spending enough of other people's money" fantasy land talking points. You just don't understand basic economics. That's the only logical conclusion to spectacle you are making of yourself all over these boards trying to spray perfume on a steaming pile of economic data.

    The money Obama is spending right now is an enormous opportunity cost and negative externality on the private economy. We won't ever really know the innovations and business growth that could have been possible, had that wealth not been confiscated by a radical leftist ideologue for redistribution. Demand driven economies which are fueled by borrowed and spent money have been exposed as massive wealth redistribution schemes. They don't work. They don't create wealth. They don't create jobs. They don't create economic growth. That's all Obama's economic policy is. Punish success and give it to someone else. The Social Justice politics of a Community Organizer.
    Um....aside from your rhetoric and totally ignoring what I posted, the money being borrowed....is not being "confiscated".

    So tell me again how superior your macroecon understanding is......after you actually respond to what I posted.



    Us guys? Look pal I'm a United States citizen and I'm concerned about the future of my country. This isn't a game to me. Unemployment is going up. Massive trillions in debt. Massive tax hikes and the poor and middle class. Mandates that violate the Constitution. Massive Government overreach. Massive expansion of the executive branch as Obama arrogantly ignores the restraints of the Constitution.

    Obama promised unemployment RIGHT NOW would be 5.6% if he was allowed to ram his stimulus down our throats. The neo keynesian stimulus that was supposed to be this benevolent Government Program was supposed to put people back to work. It didn't though. Like all centrally planned solutions, it failed miserably.
    Well, you are not even going to touch on what the con/libertarian solution might be, and instead revert back to responding, sort of, to the first half of my post. The ARRA did save a whole lot of jobs......but that was a part of what it did, it was mostly tax relief to low/middle income earners and that also did have a multiplier effect, well documented. If anyone said they had a real idea just how bad things were going in Jan 09, where we would end up, they didn't. $237B in grants for a $14T economy was not going to do that, most knew it had no chance of turning the ship around, creating 2 to 4 million jobs helped, but it was not enough.

    So again, you avoid talking about what would work to mainly focus on rhetoric...seems like that is what you prefer. Thats cool, it is just ironic complaining about my lack of reality based discussion while you are doing it.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-03-12 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    GDP is a measure of spending, spending has been reduced because people have cut back...we have cut back because of debt and lower incomes....lowered demand is reflected in lower GDP. GDP also measures govt spending....you want lower govt spending...you get lowered GDP.

    This is not that tough to understand.
    Oh I understand what the GDP means, people have cut back because of no jobs, less money to go around. Obama raising the national debt by almost 6 trillion is over the top government spending. And I might add with that bloated spending you would think we would have got at least a penny's worth. Not 1.5% growth. But liberals want to continue to borrow and spend even more to bump up the GDP. That's the only way they know how to improve the economy is to flood the country with borrowed dollars. Problem is, it got us nothing in return except 6 trillion more added to the national debt.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  6. #196
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Oh I understand what the GDP means people have cut back because of no jobs, less money to go around. Obama raising the national debt by almost 6 trillion is over the top government spending. And I might add with that bloated spending you would think we would have got at least a penny's worth. Not 1.5% growth. But liberals want to continue to borrow and spend even more to bump up the GDP. That's the only way they know how to improve the economy is to flood the country with borrowed dollars. Problem is, it got us nothing in return except 6 trillion more added to the national debt.

    Spending at the fed level has grown at the lowest rate since Eisenhower, it is the lack of revenue that had caused the increase in debt. So if you want more revenue, you still have to tax and find a way to increase GDP. You don't increase GDP by laying off people, and you want to pay down debt when revenue and GDP are up. We have seen increases in debt during recessions, again, Reagan spent like crazy to get the economy going, so did W. You guys don't mind that....apparently when the tax dollars are spent on weapons that either rot or get buried in some desert. And you are quick to blame this POTUS for weak economic activity...after a huge crash....that he did not cause.

    If I saw some consistency in this ideology, then it might make sense. The only thing that makes sense is a whole lota amnesia and big dose of rw rhetoric.
    Wake up, try to remember our history.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-03-12 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The definition of what is public debt, and what is not, is not something I care to waste time debating.
    show me something that shows what you claim as truth please. support your statement.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Spending at the fed level has grown at the lowest rate since Eisenhower ............
    That is a BS stat, refuted over and over. If you wanna believe it, its right up there between unicons and rainbows. That particular report got a bunch of WAPO Pinnochio's, it was so flawed.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I am not here to discuss how people are going to vote. I am stating that in the last 2-2 1/2 year the numbers and the economy have improved.

    As for how I think they will vote, I honestly think they wiill vote Obama because most unemployed and under employed people believe it was bush's fault they are where they are.
    Great tactic, when you get a job and four years into that job continue to blame the previous job holder for your poor performance. Let me know how that works out for you

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    show me something that shows what you claim as truth please. support your statement.
    I do not care to debate a poster's basic ignorance to definitions and terms.

Page 20 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •