Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 731

Thread: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Which is showing positive increases in GDP, we have had 22 quarters of positive GDP growth since 2009. I still am trying to understand how positive GDP growth....is a bad thing.

    PS..note: A consistent negative component....is lowered govt spending.....which is what you guys want. So if you want lower GDP, keep pushing for less govt spending....especially in a recession.
    You are endless source of entertainment. Keep flailing away. I always get a kick of left wing ideologues who believe they understand economics.

    Denial is a hell of a thing I guess

  2. #162
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Here.

    Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

    This shows the number of people of employed people compared to the population is going down.
    Ah, -0.2%...not seasonally adjusted.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 08-03-12 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Show me where we have a lower percentage of american adults working fulltime.
    Suggest you check out this data

    Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And yet, you continue to fail to look and see who makes up those unemployed. The biggest sector is....wait for it.....public employees.

    You want smaller govt, this is what you get.
    5 trillion has been spent within 4 years and the welfare state has been vastly increased

    And you claim the Government is getting smaller? HAHAHAHAHAHA

  5. #165
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You are endless source of entertainment. Keep flailing away. I always get a kick of left wing ideologues who believe they understand economics.

    Denial is a hell of a thing I guess
    And here I was hoping for a real refutation of the argument, instead it is an ad hominem.

    Oh well....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    you have resorted to helping support my claim? interesting tactic.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #167
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    5 trillion has been spent within 4 years and the welfare state has been vastly increased
    And you claim the Government is getting smaller? HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Mixing metaphors....is bad for your posting health.

    Public employment decreases are the largest sector of job losses since 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And here I was hoping for a real refutation of the argument, instead it is an ad hominem.

    Oh well....
    You were refuted with the very first post in the last thread. The rest of our entire exchange since the last thread has been you desperately grasping at straws.

    GDP is trending down and projected to be sluggish for quite some time. This is horrific economic news. Look maybe it's some game for you to run around these boards defending a failed president, but out there is the real world, Obama's economic policies have destroyed real lives and real families. Obama won't even count the people who have given up looking for work. In order for you to even be arguing that unemployment is at 8.3%, in your world those people have simply ceased to exist. I watch you post here, littering endless threads with strawman like a fairy sprinkling pixie dust, fooling the less seasoned posters into chasing after them like dogs. When you can't refute facts you change the premise and attach an emotional strawman to it. I don't bother with that garbage.

    Unemployment just went UP. It's trending UP.

    Feel free to spend 10 pages trying to young lawyer and word semantic that FACT to death if it will make you feel better.

  9. #169
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    5 trillion has been spent within 4 years and the welfare state has been vastly increased

    And you claim the Government is getting smaller? HAHAHAHAHAHA
    While it may be true that certain STATE governments are getting smaller, by that I mean laying off workers, the FEDERAL government is not. This is a typical Obamaite dodge, change the meanings mid-stream.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    re: Jobless rate rises to 8.3 percent, hiring picks up but still falling short

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You were refuted with the very first post in the last thread. The rest of our entire exchange since the last thread has been you desperately grasping at straws.

    GDP is trending down and projected to be sluggish for quite some time. This is horrific economic news. Look maybe it's some game for you to run around these boards defending a failed president, but out there is the real world, Obama's economic policies have destroyed real lives and real families. Obama won't even count the people who have given up looking for work. In order for you to even be arguing that unemployment is at 8.3%, in your world those people have simply ceased to exist. I watch you post here, littering endless threads with strawman like a fairy sprinkling pixie dust, fooling the less seasoned posters into chasing after them like dogs. When you can't refute facts you change the premise and attach an emotional strawman to it. I don't bother with that garbage.

    Unemployment just went UP. It's trending UP.

    Feel free to spend 10 pages trying to young lawyer and word semantic that FACT to death if it will make you feel better.
    Are you sure about that?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •