Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 75 of 75

Thread: Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals

  1. #71
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    "At 1.3 million pages it is twice the length of Tolstoy's War and Peace"[/I]


    Lol indeed. War and Peace c.1,200 pages. In what way is that half of 1.3 million pages?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  2. #72
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Ok heres the facts...no one pays anywhere near the tax rate stated on their gold medals...you have to be at the top tax bracket of 35% and making over 340,000 a year...read the facts here. You have to read the entire article to get it all

    snopes.com: U.S. Gold Medal Winners Pay $9,000 in Taxes?
    Kobe Bryant earned 27 million last season. Pretty sure he will hit that top bracket.

    So your facts are bull****.

  3. #73
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    My God, how will those guys ... who are probably making on average $10 million a year ... swing this four-digit tax? Probably by deducting their travel and associated expenses....

    This is a cheap political stunt by Rubio. He continues to not impress.
    so you admit politifact were lying? you must be, as I never once argued in favor of a new bill that treats athletic success differently then other types of success. My debate was over the dishonest way politifact weighed in on this claim

  4. #74
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh no those poor NBA players...

    Do you think we should stop taxing people in the top marginal tax bracket when they earn more money or something? Why shouldn't this income be taxed like any other?
    same reply to you i posted to your twin above:


    so you admit politifact were lying? you must be, as I never once argued in favor of a new bill that treats athletic success differently then other types of success. My debate was over the dishonest way politifact weighted in on this claim

  5. #75
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Rubio bill eliminates federal tax on Olympic medals - Washington Times



    I'm on the fence about this. I understand the sacrifice these people have made, and I'm not a fan of taxes; especially those that seem excessive like these. However lots of people make huge sacrifices and don't get breaks, so I don't know.
    Without having read the responses yet, that's where I am, too.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •