Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

  1. #31
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Didn't China and Russia say no military ops in Syria?
    Im not sure Assad cares what they say.

    (I know what you meant.....just being sarcastic)
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  2. #32
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Didn't China and Russia say no military ops in Syria?
    They said to No to UN action from the security council. It hasn't stopped Russia from upgrading Syria's attack helicopters.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  3. #33
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Portable brains can be hazardous. Hopefully it is accessible when you read:

    "The Obama administration quietly has cleared the way for U.S. residents to buy weapons for the rebels who are fighting to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad, granting a Washington-based advocacy group a rare license to collect money for arms and other equipment."
    U.S. eases arms purchases for Syrian rebels - World - MyrtleBeachOnline.com


    For just the cost of a cup of coffee a day, you can buy this 7 year old insurgent the bullets he needs to topple his government. Your donation will help to provide children in need with loving firearms, trainings, bullets and hope for the future. With your donation, children all over the world can have the chance of a lifetime – something many of us take for granted each and every day. Won't you help today?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #34
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Portable brains can be hazardous. Hopefully it is accessible when you read:

    "The Obama administration quietly has cleared the way for U.S. residents to buy weapons for the rebels who are fighting to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad, granting a Washington-based advocacy group a rare license to collect money for arms and other equipment."
    U.S. eases arms purchases for Syrian rebels - World - MyrtleBeachOnline.com
    "...despite the Obama administration’s opposition to U.S. military intervention and its reluctance to supply weapons directly to the rebels."

    "...confirmed the issuance of the license and said it wouldn’t cover the direct shipment of weapons, radios or other technical equipment, which would require a different type of permit."

    The Syrian Support Group can give money to the rebels. The rebels spend that money on whatever they want, including buying guns. There is nothing contradictory in that article to anything I have said. I don't dispute that we're supporting the rebels via monetary aid and technical assistance and equipment. In fact, that's exactly what my OP says.

    What I dispute is your baseless assertion that we're giving the rebels weapons. We're not. I, and undoubtedly the Obama administration, am perfectly aware that any sort of aid that has value - monetary aid, communications equipment, medical supplies - can be used by the rebels to purchase or barter for weapons. That's uncontroversial. If you can't discern the difference between that, though, and shipping them state of the art weapons I don't know what to tell you. Maybe, double up on the tin foil?
    Last edited by the_recruit; 08-04-12 at 03:15 PM.

  5. #35
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I haven't seen your link documenting these peaceful protestors that you speak of. Perhaps you are speaking metaphorically? It would not be appropriate to think that your typing fingers were working without your mind.
    Don't be obtuse. I'm referring to the origins of the conflict over a year ago. That the initial protests were peaceful and were met with violence is indisputable.

  6. #36
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    "...despite the Obama administration’s opposition to U.S. military intervention and its reluctance to supply weapons directly to the rebels."

    "...confirmed the issuance of the license and said it wouldn’t cover the direct shipment of weapons, radios or other technical equipment, which would require a different type of permit."

    The Syrian Support Group can give money to the rebels. The rebels spend that money on whatever they want, including buying guns. There is nothing contradictory in that article to anything I have said. I don't dispute that we're supporting the via rebels monetary aid and technical assistance and equipment. In fact, that's exactly what my OP says.

    What I dispute is your baseless assertion that we're giving the rebels weapons. We're not. I, and undoubtedly the Obama administration, am perfectly aware that any sort of aid that has value - monetary aid, communications equipment, medical supplies - can be used by the rebels to purchase or barter for weapons. That's uncontroversial. If you can't discern the difference between that, though, and shipping them state of the art weapons I don't know what to tell you. Maybe, double up on the tin foil?
    Hair splitting is a joke man. Do you actually think Obomba could walk up to the podium and straight up say:

    "We are arming insurgents."

    By clearing the licenses for the weapons that is exactly what we are doing.
    Last edited by Furiounova; 08-04-12 at 03:19 PM.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  7. #37
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    Hair splitting is a joke man. Do you actually think Obomba could walk up to the podium and straight up say:

    "We are arming insurgents."

    By clearing the licenses for the weapons that is exactly what we are doing.



    Re-read your own article. Carefully. The license is for giving the rebels MONEY. It is not for giving the rebels WEAPONS. I already stated through the ****ing OP that we are giving them monetary aid. Your article presents no new information and conflicts with absolutely nothing I have said.

    We give the rebels money.

    We do not give the rebels weapons.

    I don't know why this is so difficult for you.

  8. #38
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    For just the cost of a cup of coffee a day, you can buy this 7 year old insurgent the bullets he needs to topple his government. Your donation will help to provide children in need with loving firearms, trainings, bullets and hope for the future. With your donation, children all over the world can have the chance of a lifetime – something many of us take for granted each and every day. Won't you help today?
    The death toll in Syria is nearing 20,000. You'll have to excuse me if I don't share your flippancy.

  9. #39
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post


    Re-read your own article. Carefully. The license is for giving the rebels MONEY. It is not for giving the rebels WEAPONS. I already stated through the ****ing OP that we are giving them monetary aid. Your article presents no new information and conflicts with absolutely nothing I have said.

    We give the rebels money.

    We do not give the rebels weapons.

    I don't know why this is so difficult for you.
    The article points out the new license allows the purchase of weapons. Wtf do you think that means?

    "
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

  10. #40
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    04-14-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,237

    Re: Obama authorizes secret support for Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    The death toll in Syria is nearing 20,000. You'll have to excuse me if I don't share your flippancy.
    You're too busy splitting hairs to be flippant.
    My main function as a Christian is to be the biggest possible jerk as a demonstration of the awe found in God's Grace and Forgiveness. (That love part comes in to play at some point)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •