Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 616

Thread: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

  1. #371
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    The most idiotic part of that post was where DWBH seems to think that gay rights = anti-straight.
    Equally moronic is to assert that all of those FOR maintaining the current marriage laws are anti-gay or anti-polygamy. Just WHEN did these laws, that were SUPPORTED by resident Obama until May 2010, become "anti-gay" or discriminatory? It amazes me that the SSM crowd does not see polygamy as on equal footing with SSM, one seeks to remove the gender restrictions and the other seeks to expand the number of partner restrictions of "traditional" marriage, both are QUITE RARE in the world as SSM is legal ONLY in Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands and polygamy is legal in ONLY (too many to list see the following link):

    Polygamy across the world | Worldfocus
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 08-02-12 at 01:06 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Try to follow, being made sick by bigotry is not intolerance -- it's intelligence.
    Clearly you have no idea what intelligence is, because intelligence is solely the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills. In short you don't appear to know what intelligence is.
    Last edited by Wake; 08-02-12 at 01:26 PM.

  3. #373
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Anti-Gay marriage laws are discriminatory.

    As are anti-polygamy laws.

    As are curfew laws.

    As are drinking age laws.

    As are voting age laws.

    As are laws regarding felons and owning fire arms.

    And on and on.

    There's a **** ton of discriminatory laws. Some people like some discrimination and dislike others.

    The notion that almost anyone is 100% against discrimination is bull****. There's a lot of people against CERTAIN discrimination. Now, there can definitely be arguments made for and against various types of discrimination...and nothing against doing that. But the notion of fighting against "discrimination" simply because its "discrimination" is laughable.

    And I don't know why it "amazes" you that SSM crowd does'nt see them on equal footing. There are NUMEROUS arguments that are used by the SSM crowd and various ones of those arguments absolutely don't apply equally to polygamy.

    For example...mine is that it's an unconstitutional level of discrimination based on gender. Gender is more highly protected from discrimination under the constitution than "amount of people" and thus has a higher level of scrutiny needed to justify allowing the government to discriminate on that category compared to the other.

  4. #374
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Equally moronic is to assert that all of those FOR maintaining the current marriage laws are anti-gay or anti-polygamy.
    Um, such laws as DOMA ARE in fact anti-gay and anti-polygamy.

    Just WHEN did these laws, that were SUPPORTED by resident Obama until May 2010, become "anti-gay" or discriminatory?
    They were anti-gay since their inception, I'm not sure I'm seeing what your point is.

    It amazes me that the SSM crowd does not see polygamy as on equal footing with SSM, one seeks to remove the gender restrictions and the other seeks to expand the number of partner restrictions of "traditional" marriage, both are QUITE RARE in the world as SSM is legal ONLY in Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands and polygamy is legal in ONLY (too many to list see the following link):

    Polygamy across the world | Worldfocus
    I'm not responsible for the attitudes of others. I have consistently been pro-polygamy as well as pro-incest marriage as other posters on this site can attest.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #375
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Anti-Gay marriage laws are discriminatory.

    As are anti-polygamy laws.

    As are curfew laws.

    As are drinking age laws.

    As are voting age laws.

    As are laws regarding felons and owning fire arms.

    And on and on.

    There's a **** ton of discriminatory laws. Some people like some discrimination and dislike others.

    The notion that almost anyone is 100% against discrimination is bull****. There's a lot of people against CERTAIN discrimination. Now, there can definitely be arguments made for and against various types of discrimination...and nothing against doing that. But the notion of fighting against "discrimination" simply because its "discrimination" is laughable.

    And I don't know why it "amazes" you that SSM crowd does'nt see them on equal footing. There are NUMEROUS arguments that are used by the SSM crowd and various ones of those arguments absolutely don't apply equally to polygamy.

    For example...mine is that it's an unconstitutional level of discrimination based on gender. Gender is more highly protected from discrimination under the constitution than "amount of people" and thus has a higher level of scrutiny needed to justify allowing the government to discriminate on that category compared to the other.
    SSM is NOT about GENDER "discrimination" any more than title 9 or separate but unequal physical requirements for the UNISEX military jobs are. Gender partner PREFERENCE perhaps, but that is NOT different than a number of partners PREFERENCE. The ABSOLUTE argument of MAN = WOMAN is not EVER going to be made, even the olympics see this BIOLOGICAL difference as OBVIOUS and important. Any attempt to make SSM about gender (i.e. a male may be substituted for a female and vice versa) opens up a whole new can of legal worms, especially in the military and in sports.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #376
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The fact is that pedophiles are attracted to children's age, regardless of their sex. I'm sure CC can give you a link to 10-15 studies confirming that.
    Not true....some go just for male kids...some just for females and some for either/or....and that shows a sexual preference
    This has nothing to do with being for or against gay marriage and the insults the gay community likes to throw around when someone isnt for exactly what they want...

    Oh one more thing..I hope you dont think your running around talking about eating pussy all the time helps your cause or puts you in a good light..because it does not...it sounds crass low class and its most defintely unnecessary on a public forum...just by stating your a lesbian everyone knows what you do....
    Last edited by lpast; 08-02-12 at 01:30 PM.

  7. #377
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    What exactly do they need your appreciation for?
    They don't, it just to tweak you.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Equally moronic is to assert that all of those FOR maintaining the current marriage laws are anti-gay or anti-polygamy. Just WHEN did these laws, that were SUPPORTED by resident Obama until May 2010, become "anti-gay" or discriminatory? It amazes me that the SSM crowd does not see polygamy as on equal footing with SSM, one seeks to remove the gender restrictions and the other seeks to expand the number of partner restrictions of "traditional" marriage, both are QUITE RARE in the world as SSM is legal ONLY in Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands and polygamy is legal in ONLY (too many to list see the following link):

    Polygamy across the world | Worldfocus
    Always have been no matter who supported them. If you discriminate, you discriminate. There must be some just cause for the discrominate other than your own bias, be it SSM or polygamy or any other red herring you want to try to throw in (each has to stand or fall on it's own merit). Whether a discriminationis valid or not depends on the reasoning, or just cause ot that discrmination. When you deny an entire group rights because you don't like them, or think your right is superior, and have no just cause, that discimrination is wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #379
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Not true....some go just for male kids...some just for females and some for either/or....and that shows a sexual preference
    This has nothing to do with being for or against gay marriage and the insults the gay community likes to throw around when someone isnt for exactly what they want...

    Oh one more thing..I hope you dont think your running around talking about eating pussy all the time helps your cause or puts you in a good light..because it does not...it sounds crass low class and its most defintely unnecessary on a public forum...just by stating your a lesbian everyone knows what you do....
    Secondary sex characteristics have not developed in a child, to say that a disgusting pedophile that molested a boy reflects homosexuality and linking that to a homosexual that is attracted to adult males is vastly different. Some pedophiles may have a preference, but I highly doubt it's due to homosexuality or even heterosexuality.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #380
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    SSM is NOT about GENDER "discrimination" any more than title 9 or separate but unequal physical requirements for the UNISEX military jobs are. Gender partner PREFERENCE perhaps, but that is NOT different than a number of partners PREFERENCE. The ABSOLUTE argument of MAN = WOMAN is not EVER going to be made, even the olympics see this BIOLOGICAL difference as OBVIOUS and important. Any attempt to make SSM about gender (i.e. a male may be substituted for a female and vice versa) opens up a whole new can of legal worms, especially in the military and in sports.
    The difference between military/sports and marriage is that in the former category, biological difference and physical capability play a role in performance. (In fact, I've been an advocate of women's participation in combat roles and in men's sports if they can hold their own against the big boys, which is another issue.)

    But why should physical ability or biology matter when it comes to marriage? Using that logic, maybe it's okay to outlaw women marrying skinny guys and only allow women to marry muscular toned men, right? Clearly, the two men in question are not equals physically speaking.

    There exists basically no justification for marriage discrimination under the basis of gender and sexual orientation.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •