Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 616

Thread: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

  1. #161
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Anti-bigot day It's nice when Americans stand up and support a company that came under fire by intolerant bigoted officials filled with hate for a company and would consider abusing the law because they disagree with an owner's legally help personal view.
    Oh, you mean his view that only certain people deserve certain rights? Oh wait, that's bigotry.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #162
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Oh, you mean his view that only certain people deserve certain rights? Oh wait, that's bigotry.
    Nah, the view that because government officials disagree with an owner over his personal views that they somehow have the right to use the law and punish your business.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #163
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Nah, the view that because government officials disagree with an owner over his personal views that they somehow have the right to use the law and punish your business.
    I never said the government officials weren't idiots. That doesn't make him any less of a bigot by supporting the denial of basic rights to one particular group of people and including his business - which is the livelihood of many Americans who may or may not disagree with him - in it.

    *Edit:

    He's the one that said those were the companies views... not us. He brought Chick-fil-A into it.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 08-02-12 at 01:19 AM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #164
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Anti-bigot day It's nice when Americans stand up and support a company that came under fire by intolerant bigoted officials filled with hate for a company and would consider abusing the law because they disagree with an owner's legally help personal view.


    Homosexuals rights are infringed upon by bigots like Dan Cathy, who donate money to causes that promote hatred toward them and lobby for pro-discrimination policies. Dan Cathy's rights were "infringed upon" by a couple of grandstanding mayors making empty threats (which they walked back)?

    Those situations are not even remotely comparable. And to draw a false equivalence between them (or worse, to go out of your way to support Chick-Fil-A) is absurd.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I never said the government officials weren't idiots. That doesn't make him any less of a bigot by deny basic rights to one particular group of people.
    Yeah, I can't stand that Chick Fil A supports abortion

    I hope that most people realize me throwing out terms like "bigot, intolerant, hatred" etc is really just a shot at the foolish rhetoric that many on the pro-SSM side want to engage in when discussing those who are against SSM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Why? Why can one group of people go to the local Justice of the Peace and form a union that provides great economical means and another group cannot?
    I never said or hinted at that I think one should be able to and the other should not. What I actually said is that I think NO one should be able to do such a thing. I am full supporter of equal treatment in fact so this line of questions is misplaced.

    You are defending a man whose rights were "infringed upon" because he supports the rights of others being infringed upon...
    I'm defending no one here.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-02-12 at 01:22 AM.

  7. #167
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Anti-bigot day It's nice when Americans stand up and support a company that came under fire by intolerant bigoted officials filled with hate for a company and would consider abusing the law because they disagree with an owner's legally help personal view.
    Here is the sad thing that you don't seem to be getting...this day means different things to different people. Your perception of it is a day for fighting government intolerance and championing free speech. However, others see it as a bunch of people siding with traditional marriage and a company that donates money to hate groups. It doesn't matter how many chicken sandwiches you buy, you haven't and won't hurt the politicians who made these inappropriate threats. But what you have done is aligned yourself with some true bigots out there who see this as an opportunity to show the queers, and that undermines the entire point you were trying to make to begin with since those people are no better than the bigoted politicians you were trying to protest against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #168
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I hope that most people realize me throwing out terms like "bigot, intolerant, hatred" etc is really just a shot at the foolish rhetoric that many on the pro-SSM side want to engage in when discussing those who are against SSM.
    That's because people who support discrimination ARE bigoted, intolerant, and hateful. This is no different than people who support racial segregation or Jim Crow Laws.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #169
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Yeah, I can't stand that Chick Fil A supports abortion

    I hope that most people realize me throwing out terms like "bigot, intolerant, hatred" etc is really just a shot at the foolish rhetoric that many on the pro-SSM side want to engage in when discussing those who are against SSM.
    Uhhh...

    Bigot | Define Bigot at Dictionary.com
    big·ot   [big-uht] Show IPA
    noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
    You're telling me that him (and his company apparently) believing that God is going to judge a particular group - and I think we all know what that means - is not being intolerant of their "creed, belief, or opinion"? Sorry that I like to use definitions.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    re: Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters [W:529]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Here is the sad thing that you don't seem to be getting...this day means different things to different people. Your perception of it is a day for fighting government intolerance and championing free speech. However, others see it as a bunch of people siding with traditional marriage and a company that donates money to hate groups. It doesn't matter how many chicken sandwiches you buy, you haven't and won't hurt the politicians who made these inappropriate threats. But what you have done is aligned yourself with some true bigots out there who see this as an opportunity to show the queers, and that undermines the entire point you were trying to make to begin with since those people are no better than the bigoted politicians you were trying to protest against.
    Are the homosexuals that are planning the "kiss-ins" also bigots? I don't support the government punishing the business of someone because they have an opposing view on SSM. I went out with the community today because even though I disagree with Cathy, I support his right to speak and not be punished for it by the intolerant haters. I know that the mayors could care less what I buy and it doesn't really impact their ignorant minds, but it was nice to be in the community to support a company's right to free speech by being with the community on a day designated to do so.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •