Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

  1. #11
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    Leaflet promotes the opinion that too much education for women would 'harm the quality of life of the nation.'

    A leading nationalist-Zionist rabbi has written a treatise claiming that home is a women's place, and "not the domain of social activity," thus reflecting further radicalization among religious Zionists.
    Rabbi Zvi Tau, president of Har Hamor Yeshiva and a leader of the more extreme orthodox trend among the national-Zionist public, wrote the treatise for internal use. The leaflet promotes the opinion that too much education for women would "harm the quality of life of the nation."
    Austria-born Tau was for many years a student of Rabbi Tzvi Yehuda Kook

    Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
    Nothing unique


  2. #12
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Without religion, people would have no Wars. Religion is the only thing that makes us Bad.
    Fixed it for 'ya.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Without religion, people would have no morals. Religion is the only thing that makes us good.
    Man is either good or bad on their own by their own choices. Religion has nothing to do with it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #14
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    I can't even get my wife to attend a Baptist Church where I play music because they don't allow women in the clergy.

    She would not approve of this thread.

  5. #15
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I can't even get my wife to attend a Baptist Church where I play music because they don't allow women in the clergy.

    She would not approve of this thread.
    I was gonna say ... aren't there plenty of fundamentalist Christians, and obviously Muslims, who feel the same way? You get this sort of thing when you pull your values directly from 1000 - 5000+ years in the past.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #16
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    Leaflet promotes the opinion that too much education for women would 'harm the quality of life of the nation.'

    A leading nationalist-Zionist rabbi has written a treatise claiming that home is a women's place, and "not the domain of social activity," thus reflecting further radicalization among religious Zionists.
    Rabbi Zvi Tau, president of Har Hamor Yeshiva and a leader of the more extreme orthodox trend among the national-Zionist public, wrote the treatise for internal use. The leaflet promotes the opinion that too much education for women would "harm the quality of life of the nation."
    Austria-born Tau was for many years a student of Rabbi Tzvi Yehuda Kook

    Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
    It doesn't look like you made a post where you criticized fundamentalist Muslims for their attitudes toward women. Let me know when you get around to posting that.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  7. #17
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    I can't even get my wife to attend a Baptist Church where I play music because they don't allow women in the clergy.

    She would not approve of this thread.


    So she thinks women should be allowed to be preachers, ministers, priests, etc.?

  8. #18
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_rebson View Post
    So she thinks women should be allowed to be preachers, ministers, priests, etc.?

    Shouldn't women be "Allowed" to do whatever us Males do?

    I seem to remember something....somewhere....that "Allowed for life, liberty. and the pursuit of happiness.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Without religion, people would have no morals. Religion is the only thing that makes us good.
    no, you are absolutely wrong. Common sense is what makes us good, respecting the rights of others even though you disagree with them makes us good. Religion in itself does not make you good or bad, religious people who use common sense and who respect the rights of others are usually good people, religious people who do not use common sense and do not respect or even disrespect the rights of others are not good people.

    The same goes for liberals who do not use common sense or respect, etc.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  10. #20
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Leading Israeli religious Zionist rabbi: A woman's place is in the home

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Without religion, people would have no morals. Religion is the only thing that makes us good.
    except for morality predating religion.....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •