Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 78

Thread: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

  1. #31
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    It's not rocket science...who benefits the most from the Fed's power and secrecy?

    Look at the top banks, find their CEO's/major share holders - there are at least some of your names.
    You are claiming that the entire US government is controlled by some mysterious "corporate masters". Sorry, but that does not pass a smell test.

    I do agree that some in congress are controlled by special interests in their states and that some of them are taking under the table bribes. But to claim that the entire government is being run by a bunch of corporate CEOs is just silly.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  2. #32
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    You are claiming that the entire US government is controlled by some mysterious "corporate masters". Sorry, but that does not pass a smell test.

    I do agree that some in congress are controlled by special interests in their states and that some of them are taking under the table bribes. But to claim that the entire government is being run by a bunch of corporate CEOs is just silly.
    Let's take the original comment in the vein that it was supposed to be taken. To think someone would seriously suggest that the WHOLE government is run by corporate masters, is just silly.

    I would agree that these "corporate masters" have an abundance of influence on what congress does and does not do.
    Hail to the King baby!

  3. #33
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Let's take the original comment in the vein that it was supposed to be taken. To think someone would seriously suggest that the WHOLE government is run by corporate masters, is just silly.

    I would agree that these "corporate masters" have an abundance of influence on what congress does and does not do.
    a great example is our propensity to go to war when the American people overwhelmingly reject the notion.

    The amount of fraud and propaganda that comes out to drum up war support is so transparent.

    Another example is how people were duped into passing an amendment to "soak the rich", only to quickly discover this new found power is used to take money away from low income labor before they see a dime.

  4. #34
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    a great example is our propensity to go to war when the American people overwhelmingly reject the notion.

    The amount of fraud and propaganda that comes out to drum up war support is so transparent.

    Another example is how people were duped into passing an amendment to "soak the rich", only to quickly discover this new found power is used to take money away from low income labor before they see a dime.
    How about the lack of charges stemming from the banking collapse? To big to fail and apparently too influential to bring to justice.
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #35
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    'Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) won a rare legislative victory on Wednesday when the House passed his legislation allowing for a full audit of the Federal Reserve, including an audit of the Fed's monetary policy decisions.

    The House approved Paul's Federal Reserve Transparency Act, H.R. 459, in a bipartisan 327-98 vote. The vote split Democrats almost evenly 89 for and 97 against while only one Republican, Rep. Robert Turner (R-N.Y.), voted against it.

    The bill won an easy majority, given its 270 co-sponsors, and easily cleared the two-thirds majority needed for passage, which was required because it was considered under a suspension of the rules.'

    House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote - The Hill's Floor Action

    A very good bill. Only Congress was granted the authority to print and regulate the value of our dollar. As such ANY agency which prints or regulates the value of our dollar belongs to Congress and serves at their behest.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    I don't expect much to come out of this.

    And when nothing much comes out of this, folks will suspect a conspiracy to "hide" the truth.

  7. #37
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't expect much to come out of this.

    And when nothing much comes out of this, folks will suspect a conspiracy to "hide" the truth.
    of course nothing will come of this. One person that chairs the banking sub committee alone decides if the Senate version of this bill will see the light of day. No way will that person allow the bill to go to a vote.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    05-02-16 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,809

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't expect much to come out of this.

    And when nothing much comes out of this, folks will suspect a conspiracy to "hide" the truth.
    If this bill does not pass, that mean's they are trying to hide something. That is not a conspiracy. That is called dishonesty.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    If this bill does not pass, that mean's they are trying to hide something.....
    or they think its a waste of time & money and driven by paranoid conspiracy theories.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: House easily approves Paul's 'audit the Fed' bill in 327-98 vote

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    If this bill does not pass, that mean's they are trying to hide something. That is not a conspiracy. That is called dishonesty.
    It's government, of course they're trying to hide something.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •