Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #831
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Except there are a lot of people donating to those same groups Cathy donates to. Surely some of the others are business owners, small and large that you should boycott if you're not going to be hypocritical. They are, for the most part NOT working to codify their beliefs into the law of the land. Their beliefs ARE already the law of the land. They're working to keep them that way. It's the pro-gay marriage folks who are actively working to codify their beliefs into the law of the land.
    Yes, the pro-ssm folks are trying to end systemic oppression. They are not infringing upon anyone else's liberty with their efforts. The anti-ssm folks are supporting groups that outlaw homosexuality altogether. That isn't the status quo.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #832
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Read the thread title and tell us what the issue is again.
    Duh, the mayor of chicago saying that he does not want Chick fil A in his city because they do not share "chicago values". and chicago values are? corruption, murder, bribery, theft, lying. Ok, I guess he is right, chick fil A does not share chicago values.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  3. #833
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Duh, the mayor of chicago saying that he does not want Chick fil A in his city because they do not share "chicago values". and chicago values are? corruption, murder, bribery, theft, lying. Ok, I guess he is right, chick fil A does not share chicago values.
    That's the other thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #834
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    thats your right, but it is wrong for a mayor to refuse to allow a business to operate in any city. thats the issue here.
    I have not claimed otherwise. So what exactly is your point?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #835
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Yes, the pro-ssm folks are trying to end systemic oppression. They are not infringing upon anyone else's liberty with their efforts. The anti-ssm folks are supporting groups that outlaw homosexuality altogether. That isn't the status quo.
    many people are opposed to gay marriage. are all of them to be ostracized from society for not buying into the current PC BS?
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  6. #836
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Except there are a lot of people donating to those same groups Cathy donates to. Surely some of the others are business owners, small and large that you should boycott if you're not going to be hypocritical. They are, for the most part NOT working to codify their beliefs into the law of the land. Their beliefs ARE already the law of the land. They're working to keep them that way. It's the pro-gay marriage folks who are actively working to codify their beliefs into the law of the land.
    Since the Supreme Court Decision in MA how many anti gay marriage groups have supported the FMA and various state amendments to ban gay marriage?

  7. #837
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have not claimed otherwise. So what exactly is your point?
    that this whole thing is a left wing attempt to demonize people or businesses that believe in traditional judeo/christian values.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  8. #838
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Duh, the mayor of chicago saying that he does not want Chick fil A in his city because they do not share "chicago values". and chicago values are? corruption, murder, bribery, theft, lying. Ok, I guess he is right, chick fil A does not share chicago values.
    I think you're in the wrong thread. This thread is "Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM" just to help you out

  9. #839
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    many people are opposed to gay marriage. are all of them to be ostracized from society for not buying into the current PC BS?
    Legalizing SSM will not ostracize those opposed to SSM. Bigotry will always exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #840
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    many people are opposed to gay marriage. are all of them to be ostracized from society for not buying into the current PC BS?
    Ostracized? Hardly, unless you beleive this boycott is somehow going to ruin Chick-fil-A. I think the opposite in that at best all it will do is lower some of their profits. I would even wager to say that it might even help them.

    So ostracize is definitely not the word I would use for this.

Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •