Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #661
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    i beg to differ. have you been to or driven by a chick fil a since this whole thing started? This has helped them. I have been there personally 5 times now and each time took almost an hour. Thursday night it took forever just to park.. saturday i couldnt get food because they actually had to close the chick fil a near here because they ran out of food. This is not hurting them..
    Anecdotal evidence. No way can a controversy like this(where the majority of America are against you) is good for business. They will lose money because of this.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #662
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    i do find it a bit funny how chick fil a's owners values have not changed nor has he ever hidden them and henson had no issue entering into a partnership with him. Then when chick fil a decides to pull her crap out of its boxes suddenly she does. hell of a coincidence.
    They didn't talk about it publicly before, so they have changed their public stance.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #663
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    he is entitled to his opinion whether he owns a business or not. the fact is his restaurants in no way discriminate against gays or lesbians in service nor employment.
    And Lisa Henson isn't? So when Chick-Fil-A's CEO comes out against SSM that is just him having his opinion, and he's not politicizing anything, but when Lisa Henson comes out in support of it, it's politicizing children's characters. The double standard you have here is ridiculous.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #664
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're judging smartness, I'm not. Frankly I don't care, it's a lot of hoopla over nothing. Liberal Christian-haters ****ting their pants over Christian values is actually fun to watch. They are so ****ing stupid, and their Chicken Little attitude as though an apocalypse is coming. Hahahahaha, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll take ten years off of each one of their lives.
    I did not know hatred and bigotry where christian values. Well, I guess I learn something new every day.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #665
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're judging smartness, I'm not. Frankly I don't care, it's a lot of hoopla over nothing. Liberal Christian-haters ****ting their pants over Christian values is actually fun to watch. They are so ****ing stupid, and their Chicken Little attitude as though an apocalypse is coming. Hahahahaha, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll take ten years off of each one of their lives.
    Hating LGBT people, and sending money to hate groups are not Christian values. Plain and simple.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #666
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not know hatred and bigotry where christian values. Well, I guess I learn something new every day.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    They didn't talk about it publicly before, so they have changed their public stance.
    umm. yes he has. this time just got more attention. furthermore chick fil a pulled the toys before the statement from what i understand

    Anecdotal evidence. No way can a controversy like this(where the majority of America are against you) is good for business. They will lose money because of this.
    what majority of americans? a few thousand the majority of which dont even know where a chick fil a is or were boycotting it prior to this muppet incident because of his religious views then. I doubt this cost him much of any customers. and the few it might have were off set by those who are going out to show their support.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #668
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So you can't refute my point with logic, or facts so you say some vague statement that makes you seem to have the moral high ground. When you clearly don't, and just want to pretend that the people who are rightfully offended are actually wrong.
    you said people werent disrespecting his religious beliefs and i pointed out that it is happening right here (among many other places) mocking his belief in God and many other things. Clearly you just dont want to see them. typical.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #669
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    umm. yes he has. this time just got more attention. furthermore chick fil a pulled the toys before the statement from what i understand
    We have one picture of that sign. I'll bet that was a reaction to the Henson Company notifying them that day that they would be ending their partnership. It would make sense to notify them before going public. (which happened the next day) The one sign I would be was from close to the corporate headquarters and probably made at the HQ. Most restaurants don't have laminators. I doubt they sent those signs out "next day air" either. It was a PR damage control attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #670
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,731

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    But you see, this is the deal: the owner of a business establishment isn't making laws. He has his business interests, which are to sell chicken sandwiches to the public, for making his living. His personal opinions about gay marriage (or any other social issue) don't mean squat in relation to his operation of his business establishment. He isn't discriminating in hiring/firing/ or any other legally-controlled aspect of business that I am aware of. People are trying to turn this into some kind of civil rights issue, when it's nothing of the sort.
    Bullcrap. I can't believe I missed this post. This is nothing more than a straight man exercising his heterosexual privilege at the expense of gays, period. How would you like it if we were living in a day and age where you couldn't vote, and some powerful man said that it should stay that way?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •