Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #591
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Where did ChickFilA's CEO say anything like this?

    I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that the US has become among the most tolerant nations of the gay/lesbian lifestyle. We have a ways to go, but we're on the right path, that's for sure.
    If you think homosexuality is a lifestyle, you don't understand. You might get it at some future time, but you don't understand right now, today.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  2. #592
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    yes I do agree with that last sentence. However he is not interfering with any rights of others. Noone has the right to marry and further more he does not have the authority to make the decisions as to whether or not ssm ever happens. That is done politically and at the voting booths. Neither of which does he control. His opinion is that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. I am aware of no time has this man ever said that he did not support the legal rights of a ss couple to be equal to that of a ds couple. This IS about his religion. Look around. You have one person sitting in here stating it is because of baptists, another saying how evil baptists are, another idiot mocking religion as an imaginary man in the sky, another stating that god is petty and the list goes on and on just on this thread and you can go to other website to see even more of it. This situation, these comments and many other things are clearly bigots being intolerant of christian beliefs while at the same time being confused as to why the people that they discriminate against wont be more tolerant of them.
    He is giving money to groups that are trying to interfere with the rights of homosexuals and he is using his religion as a justification for those actions.

    I havent seen anyone say that baptists are evil. I have seen someone mocking religion in this thread. One person or a few people on a political forum dont represent the vast majority of people who are boycotting. No one is boycotting the fact that he believes in god or the bible. They are boycotting his stance on SSM and who he is giving his money too.

  3. #593
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Jesus says, "People shouldn't judge others because they sin differently."
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #594
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    He is giving money to groups that are trying to interfere with the rights of homosexuals and he is using his religion as a justification for those actions.

    I havent seen anyone say that baptists are evil. I have seen someone mocking religion in this thread. One person or a few people on a political forum dont represent the vast majority of people who are boycotting. No one is boycotting the fact that he believes in god or the bible. They are boycotting his stance on SSM and who he is giving his money too.
    well we are just going back and forth and neither of us is making headway. As long as this boycott is happening I am boycotting cospride.org and GLAAD My monthy donation to cos has been cancelled and I will not be attending any of their functions. In the meantime I am sure the boy scouts will enjoy the money. I have rallied and tried to help the organizations in this community bring the religous groups and the pro ssm groups together to try to get Colorados to continue to allow people to vote on ssm. So far in Colorado it has failed. I see why. When the pro ssm groups continue to fight and isolate the religious groups it only drives them apart. You believe what you'd like buddy. Thru this thread you have been far more respectful than most but the fact is most of the people who agree with you are not. They are simply ignorant. As I stated before, as long as the ssm groups and supporters want to fight and mock religion the religious are going to give the same back. The way to actually resolve this issue would be for the two sides to respectfully come together and come to an understanding. Instead you all wish to mock and belittle people based on their religion and beliefs. Do as you wish. You have that right. The exercising of that right is probably the biggest reason why ss couples cannot marry.. I understand it is not all of them who are this ignorant, but the ones who are speak the loudest and none of the others are even attempting to condemn them for their intolerance which makes it seem like they support it.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #595
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    well we are just going back and forth and neither of us is making headway. As long as this boycott is happening I am boycotting cospride.org and GLAAD My monthy donation to cos has been cancelled and I will not be attending any of their functions. In the meantime I am sure the boy scouts will enjoy the money. I have rallied and tried to help the organizations in this community bring the religous groups and the pro ssm groups together to try to get Colorados to continue to allow people to vote on ssm. So far in Colorado it has failed. I see why. When the pro ssm groups continue to fight and isolate the religious groups it only drives them apart. You believe what you'd like buddy. Thru this thread you have been far more respectful than most but the fact is most of the people who agree with you are not. They are simply ignorant. As I stated before, as long as the ssm groups and supporters want to fight and mock religion the religious are going to give the same back. The way to actually resolve this issue would be for the two sides to respectfully come together and come to an understanding. Instead you all wish to mock and belittle people based on their religion and beliefs. Do as you wish. You have that right. The exercising of that right is probably the biggest reason why ss couples cannot marry.. I understand it is not all of them who are this ignorant, but the ones who are speak the loudest and none of the others are even attempting to condemn them for their intolerance which makes it seem like they support it.
    There is a huge difference between disagreeing with a persons religious belief, and disrespecting them. The simple fact is that if he didn't say anything, or give money to groups which are considered hate groups no one would be boycotting. That is the main problem, no one cares that he is a Christian, a lot of the people who won't go to Chick-Fil-A anymore because of this are Christians themselves.

    Also the fact is that I'm never going to be okay with someone who says homosexuality is an abomination, and is wrong, and gives money to conversion camps. Those things are wrong, just like I'm never going to be okay with racism, or sexism. Your argument here is bunk, because you are ignoring the finer details of why people are hurt by this, and just assuming that it is anti-religious bigotry which it is not.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #596
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Oh do tell. What criminal action or civil rights violation did he make.

    None.

    It has come to the point in this country that "free speech" is no longer acceptable to the "lefties" unless it's their "free speech".

    This business owner has the right to give his money to whomever he chooses.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; it's inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." Winston Churchill

  7. #597
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    None.

    It has come to the point in this country that "free speech" is no longer acceptable to the "lefties" unless it's their "free speech".

    This business owner has the right to give his money to whomever he chooses.
    So does Lisa Henson, it goes both ways you know.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #598
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Furiounova View Post
    There is no doubt about that. Chik is like most homophobic Christian groups in that their principles only matter when they can play the victim.
    Or maybe they were just being businessmen.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #599
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Or maybe they were just being businessmen.
    About this, a smart businessman would have shut the **** up, and never said a damn thing about this issue. His job is to sell chicken to people, not comment on controversial social issues. All the controversy surrounding this is not helping Chick-Fil-A in the slightest.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #600
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So does Lisa Henson, it goes both ways you know.
    It's just that appropriating--politicizing--characters beloved by little kids (and adults including me) is so sad.

Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •