Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #561
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Not being okay with intolerance is not intolerance.
    So, in your mind, it's okay to be intolerant of folks whose beliefs don't allow them to tolerate something you believe in. In fact, it's your righteous mission to oppose them, to be intolerant towards them, right?

    You're in the same boat as they are, you're just holding a different oar and pulling in another direction.

  2. #562
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    When gays and lesbians can learn to be tolerant...
    Hasty generalization is a logical fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence.

    In other words, if you want people to take you seriously, don't lump an entire group of people in a statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #563
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So, in your mind, it's okay to be intolerant of folks whose beliefs don't allow them to tolerate something you believe in. In fact, it's your righteous mission to oppose them, to be intolerant towards them, right?

    You're in the same boat as they are, you're just holding a different oar and pulling in another direction.
    i wish i could like this twice.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #564
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Hasty generalization is a logical fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence.

    In other words, if you want people to take you seriously, don't lump an entire group of people in a statement.
    good point and i apologize for that one.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #565
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    When gays and lesbians can learn to be tolerant it will make sense for them to demand it. To demand tolerance when you are not willing to be tolerant yourself is just hypocritical and you should be ashamed.
    You realize that the vast majority of those speaking out in this thread against Chic-Fil-A are strait? That the vast majority of gay people are not boycotting Chic-Fil-A? Do you realize that asking for the right to marry has jack and **** to do with "demanding tolerance", but has to do with legal recognition?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #566
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You realize that the vast majority of those speaking out in this thread against Chic-Fil-A are strait? That the vast majority of gay people are not boycotting Chic-Fil-A? Do you realize that asking for the right to marry has jack and **** to do with "demanding tolerance", but has to do with legal recognition?
    no i dont know if people are straight or not. intolerant is intolerant now matter who the sleep with.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #567
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    no i dont know if people are straight or not. intolerant is intolerant now matter who the sleep with.
    So the point flew over your head. Hint: you are justifying denying your tolerance towards gays based on what you percieve to be intolerance that is not from most gays and mostly from people who are not gay. In other words, your logic is so screwed up it is hilarious.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #568
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    no i dont know if people are straight or not. intolerant is intolerant now matter who the sleep with.
    I think you are intolerant of the intolerant of the intolerant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #569
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So the point flew over your head. Hint: you are justifying denying your tolerance towards gays based on what you percieve to be intolerance that is not from most gays and mostly from people who are not gay. In other words, your logic is so screwed up it is hilarious.
    I apologized for that statement and shouldnt have said it and i deleted the post. I shouldnt lump all gays and lesbians in with the bigotted people like many of the people in this thread.

    Also I do not have any intolerance toward gays.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #570
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Wait a minute, are you sure you've smeared everyone in the South you possible could? Think about it a minute, I'm sure you can come up with a few more folks you can add to your bigoted tirade.
    Byte me. Conservatives in the South have long had a tradition of being the country's bigoted, uneducated riff raff (slavery, Jim Crow, oil spill liability caps, ...)

Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •