Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Oh, noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





    Both politicians in Chicago who weighed in on this stated that, because of his religious stance, he was not welcome in Chicago. One of them, the Alderman, stated that he would do everything in his power to prevent them from getting a business license because of his religious stance. That is unConstitutional...which, apparently, they've both been made aware of since both have completely backed off their positions.

    Yes, free speech does cover believing in invisible men who will smite you for sodomy. Kansas has Creationism museum that hosts school tours.

    But think about this, if a community can ban strip clubs, can't they ban businesses run by hateful bigots?

  2. #382
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Both politicians in Chicago who weighed in on this stated that, because of his religious stance, he was not welcome in Chicago. One of them, the Alderman, stated that he would do everything in his power to prevent them from getting a business license because of his religious stance. That is unConstitutional...which, apparently, they've both been made aware of since both have completely backed off their positions.
    Which has nothing to do with the boycotts. They were wrong and got called on it. The boycotts and this issue, the Hensons cutting ties with them, in no way prevents him from practicing his religion or even selling his chicken.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #383
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I dont think anyone is claiming any one is required to buy his chicken. At least I am not. I am saying their reasons for not buying his chicken are bigoted and idiotic.
    It is not bigoted to choose to not buy stuff from someone you don't agree with by itself.

    Would it be bigoted to choose not support a business that came out and said that they thought that interracial marriages were bad for children and should not be encouraged or legal?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #384
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I forgot if one person who is a Christian says something that is a lie (which i have no idea who this girl is or what she lied about) then it makes all Christians liars. I keep forgetting to remember that.

    Just make sure you apply it universally k?
    Well, she is a the stock photo used for a fake Facebook account to support Chick Fil-A. Abby Farle is the name someone used. The account started after this controversy. So this, coupled with the lie about why the Muppet toys aren't being used at Chick Fil-A is inviting God's Judgement.

    They lied about why they are no longer offering the toys. They did this at the expense of the safety reputation of said toys. I can't find any instances of kids getting the fingers stuck.



    For those who can't resist the food:

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #385
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Does this mean you don't deny that Chick-Fil-A lied in that note?
    Not quite sure what you're referring to. What note? The sign they posted said nothing whatsoever about Muppets. It was a whole different defective toy line that was owned by Henson. Hope the kids involved sue her to the ground.

    Unfortunately, there's no Chik in Oregon. But my family in California says they'll be sure to start eating there more.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It is not bigoted to choose to not buy stuff from someone you don't agree with by itself.
    No.

    Would it be bigoted to choose not support a business that came out and said that they thought that interracial marriages were bad for children and should not be encouraged or legal?
    No.

  7. #387
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    So if I choose not to give my money to a bigot, that makes me a bigot?
    If your refusal is based on his religion or creed or race or sexual orientation or age then yes.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  8. #388
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not quite sure what you're referring to. What note? The sign they posted said nothing whatsoever about Muppets. It was a whole different defective toy line that was owned by Henson. Hope the kids involved sue her to the ground.

    Unfortunately, there's no Chik in Oregon. But my family in California says they'll be sure to start eating there more.
    You have your head in the sand about this don't you?

    No one is going to sue because no kids were harmed by the finger puppets, made by the Jim Henson Company. It was a lie. Check the date on the announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #389
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    If your refusal is based on his religion or creed or race or sexual orientation or age then yes.
    Religious bigotry should be protected from discrimination at all costs!
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #390
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Well, she is a the stock photo used for a fake Facebook account to support Chick Fil-A. Abby Farle is the name someone used. The account started after this controversy. So this, coupled with the lie about why the Muppet toys aren't being used at Chick Fil-A is inviting God's Judgement.

    They lied about why they are no longer offering the toys. They did this at the expense of the safety reputation of said toys. I can't find any instances of kids getting the fingers stuck.



    For those who can't resist the food:

    Yea i am sure they lied. Any proof of that? or just fake notes? It is always good to try to mask your own bigotry by lies. Furthermore are you going to boycott any business I can show has ever lied or just the ones whos religious beliefs dont align with yours?
    Last edited by Kreton; 07-27-12 at 01:31 PM.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •