Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #241
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    The reality here is that chick fil a has done nothing as a business to discriminate against gays. They even employ homosexuals and treat them exactly the same. But that doesnt matter to some. People hate Chick Fil A because the ownership has religious beliefs and some people don't think it is proper for a person to have beliefs that are different from their own.
    The outrage is because of their position on SSM and the fact that they donate to anti-gay groups and not because they are Christian.

  2. #242
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    What is the reason behind the previous attempts to boycott Chick Fil A?
    For donating to anti-gay causes.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #243
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    But yes, I do agree with you, the switch has little to do with Obama.
    That was the entirety of my point
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #244
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Except no one actually believed that Obama didn't support same-sex marriage in the first place. This Chick-Fil-A guy clearly supports discrimination. **** him.
    To make the point: I always assumed he was honest as I had no reason to doubt his stance. I just thought he had a ****ed up stance on the issue, and it is far from the only issue I disagree with him on. Apparently some people think that if you vote for some one that means you have to agree with them on every issue, which is painfully stupid.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #245
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    And the pile-on of fanatics continues....


    Seriously, religious people calling others fanatics....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #246
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    The reality here is that chick fil a has done nothing as a business to discriminate against gays. They even employ homosexuals and treat them exactly the same. But that doesnt matter to some. People hate Chick Fil A because the ownership has religious beliefs and some people don't think it is proper for a person to have beliefs that are different from their own.
    Ummm..what Chic-Fil-A does is take money they take in and give it to some very vile groups. There is nothing wrong with saying I do not want my money being used for that purpose and doing business elsewhere, nor is it wrong to condemn them for donating to those groups.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    i dont know about that but holy crap is it packed in here. it makes me feel good to see so many support free speech and not be influenced by the bigots attempting to hurt their business.
    When you get home, check out post #230.

    Oh, and if you could, bring me back a chicken caesar wrap. I'll repay you. That is one thing I am gonna miss...
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  8. #248
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    When you get home, check out post #230.

    Oh, and if you could, bring me back a chicken caesar wrap. I'll repay you. That is one thing I am gonna miss...
    I am home. I saw post 230. I dont know the actual reasons behind the fallout of the muppets and chick fil a. For all i know chick fil a threatened to pull their toys and muppets reacted this way. Or for all i know some anti chick fil a person put that up and took the picture. in either case i dont care honestly. It worked out for the better. My kids got kids meals from there and in place of some dumbass muppet they got Berenstein Bear books. I'd much rather my kids get books, good books that instill good values, than a muppet. Chick Fil A should be applauded for helping educate children especially when so many kids today dont have many books at home.

    Furthermore that place was packed. Almost to the point I left. They had employees directing traffic it was so busy at that store. So many people inside I have never seen it that busy. Going back tomorrow morning to continue my support of the right to free speech.

    Funny thing is I dont even agree with what he said lol. BUt those attempting to suppress his right to say it cannot win this. I am encouraging everyone who can via every forum, and social media outlet I can to go support Chick Fil A. Also last year my sons school had 4 separate fundraisers with chick fil a. As vice president of the PTA i am going to do what I can to double that amount rather than splitting it up with them and other restaurants. I doubt I'll get 4 more but every little bit helps.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #249
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I am home. I saw post 230. I dont know the actual reasons behind the fallout of the muppets and chick fil a. For all i know chick fil a threatened to pull their toys and muppets reacted this way. Or for all i know some anti chick fil a person put that up and took the picture. in either case i dont care honestly. It worked out for the better. My kids got kids meals from there and in place of some dumbass muppet they got Berenstein Bear books. I'd much rather my kids get books, good books that instill good values, than a muppet. Chick Fil A should be applauded for helping educate children especially when so many kids today dont have many books at home.

    Furthermore that place was packed. Almost to the point I left. They had employees directing traffic it was so busy at that store. So many people inside I have never seen it that busy. Going back tomorrow morning to continue my support of the right to free speech.

    Funny thing is I dont even agree with what he said lol. BUt those attempting to suppress his right to say it cannot win this. I am encouraging everyone who can via every forum, and social media outlet I can to go support Chick Fil A. Also last year my sons school had 4 separate fundraisers with chick fil a. As vice president of the PTA i am going to do what I can to double that amount rather than splitting it up with them and other restaurants. I doubt I'll get 4 more but every little bit helps.
    How is anyone's right to say anything being suppressed? The government is not hauling him off to jail or closing down his restaurants for his comments. No one is being sued. There are no Muppet police coming to take him away and do bad things to him for what he said. There are simply some people who now have decided that they no longer want to spend money at his business. There are other companies who were associated with his business who have decided they no longer want to be associated with it because of his stand and who he donates some his business's profits to. Heck, the Hensons haven't even actually called for a boycott, they just distanced themselves.

    On a personal level, it is no different to me than when I decided to longer support the Dixie Chicks with my money because of their comments. I don't encourage anyone else to do join me, that is their business, but I won't give money to people I don't agree with if I have a choice. That is really how everyone should deal with this situation. If you don't like what Chik-Fil-A said or do to the point where you don't want your money to become their profits and pay for things you don't agree with, then don't do it. If you feel the same way about the Hensons or Oreos or Starbucks or any of the other companies that support same sex marriage or even who have just did something you don't agree with then don't give money to them. And if you feel the opposite, where you want to give extra money to those organizations you do agree with, then do so. But honestly, that should be a personal decision by everyone. Why do we need public boycotts or public eat-ins announced?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #250
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    This is what happens when the top 10% have 80% to 90% of stocks, bonds, trust funds, and business equity, and over 75% of non-home real estate. Right conservatives?
    Globalist = Free Trade, Open Borders, Multiculturalist, Anti-White Racist, Hypocrite, Sophist, Deceiver, Manipulator, Warmonger, Vulgar Culture, Morally Depraved......Enemy

    Death to Globalists

Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •