Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #191
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    No, I didn't realize that. That's for the information!
    You are welcome

    Tolerance doesn't mean you have to accept other people's intolerance.
    Tolerance is accepting others people beliefs.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #192
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,684

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Tolerance doesn't mean you have to accept other people's intolerance.
    Holy ****...

    And yet you DO...when they are someone you vote for.

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    First off you have no clue what I want to do so dont sit here and speculate or push lies as truth.
    Second, restriction of marriage is not the only way to discriminate against someone.
    Cool then you think States, Feds should recognize gay marriage and if not say so.

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So...up until 2 months ago Obama WAS a bigot...right up until, in the name of political expediency, he 'changed' his position. Well...that must cause complete satisfaction knowing the person you voted for and support is A-a bigot and B-cares so very little for gay people
    No, this was his position:

    I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don't contract them.
    Barack Obama

    Read more at Gay Quotes - BrainyQuote

  5. #195
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Cool then you think States, Feds should recognize gay marriage and if not say so.
    You can go back to every post I have ever made on this site and try to find any post where I have ever said differently. Good luck.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You can go back to every post I have ever made on this site and try to find any post where I have ever said differently. Good luck.
    I'm not going to do that. So what is your beef here? You don't think Mayors have the right to freedom of speech? or what?

  7. #197
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So...up until 2 months ago Obama WAS a bigot...right up until, in the name of political expediency, he 'changed' his position. Well...that must cause complete satisfaction knowing the person you voted for and support is A-a bigot and B-cares so very little for gay people
    Except no one actually believed that Obama didn't support same-sex marriage in the first place. This Chick-Fil-A guy clearly supports discrimination. **** him.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #198
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    However, the norm for the majority of your strict fundamentalist southern baptists, which is what Cathy is and has made no bones about it, is opposition to gay marriage.
    And, of course, the original statement did not limit the group in question to Southern Babtists, the fundamentalist nature of which is so often diametrically opposed to Jesus' teachings, preferring the fire and brimstone of the O.T., or the intolerance of Paul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

    Apparently stereotyping how a group is going to vote based singularly on their religious beliefs as a means to attempt to insult them, as often happens with regards to evangelicals and the "religious right" is perfectly okay. However, stereotyping them based singularly on their religious beliefs when it would keep you from eating their tasty tasty chicken....absolutely unfathomable and you would of course only act once it's blatantly stated that they hold that stereotypical view.

    That's the part that makes me chuckle.
    You chuckle? I had no idea.

    As to the stereotyping, however, I do believe I am the one trying to point out that there are many true Christians who interpret their bible by following Jesus, Who, of course, would be quite aghast at His name being leant to this myopic and idiotic brand of persecution. He never once mentioned Homosexuality, and so if He thought it as a sin so important as to elevete it into a crusade to hurt people, He certainly never mentioned it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #199
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Because I want to see if you sides actions but not another's.

    I didn't ask if you think the mosque people weren't bringing people together. You seem to have no issue with the notion of the businesses being black balled by the government based on other posts you made. I wanted to see if you condemn one side's actions but not the other thus making your argument I quoted rather hillarious...or if you're consistent and thus your argument has some value to it.
    While I am sure it is hypocritical of me to support one situation and not another, I am consistent in the fact that I oppose bigotry. If the Ground Zero Mosque was opposed because of their stance and public comments on SSM, the issue would be the same. Or if Chicago and Boston were denying licenses simple because the Presidents of companies were Christian it would be the same. The people opposed to the Ground Zero Mosque did so out of the bigoted theme that Muslim=terrorist. I am not saying that Christian=anti-gay. It is nuanced and therefore inconsistent with regards to government power, but it is consistent with being against bigotry.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #200
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Shocked that you admit it actually...since that IS what this is all about. His...the mayors...the Muppet owners...etc.
    I stated in the other thread that the politicians are grandstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •