Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #161
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I asked you to show me where in a chick fil a restaurant it said hurricanes were going to destroy america. you posted a pic that said food should be good.
    So it doesn't count if they don't have a sign posted?

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #162
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I don't care who religious bigots marry.
    That has nothing to do with my post. Why did you quote me when you wrote this?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  3. #163
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    So it doesn't count if they don't have a sign posted?

    You have yet to show me anything in any chick fil a that has said hurricanes were coming to destroy america.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #164
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It has actually been organized and for some time. Note this ABC news video uploaded on Feb 1 2011.

    I didn't say organized. I said becam a loud, generalized, issue of national awareness.

    It's only been in the past week that this has become a national issue to the level of mayors of major cities coming out talking about it, facebook walls being filled with it, multiple people blogging about it, various entites from forums to radio programs and other such things talking about it, etc. I think it's mildly reasonable to suggest that he's speaking primarily about the majority of those that are suddenly just now making this an issue, not the much much smaller number previously.

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Whats the difference between my (or the owner of CHikFilAs) position on gay marriage and this guy? Oh yeah...you VOTED for this guy.

    Well, that guy doesn't seem to believe it will bring the wrath of god down upon us

  6. #166
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM


  7. #167
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,314
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I didn't say organized. I said becam a loud, generalized, issue of national awareness.

    It's only been in the past week that this has become a national issue to the level of mayors of major cities coming out talking about it, facebook walls being filled with it, multiple people blogging about it, various entites from forums to radio programs and other such things talking about it, etc. I think it's mildly reasonable to suggest that he's speaking primarily about the majority of those that are suddenly just now making this an issue, not the much much smaller number previously.
    That is just publicity. Once people become aware of an issue at a point, usually a major media outlet reporting on it, it explodes(Look at Z/M). That does not cahnge the fact that there has been a significant attempt to boycott Chic-Fil-A for some time and this has nothing to do with Obama changing his stance on SSM.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #168
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well, that guy doesn't seem to believe it will bring the wrath of god down upon us
    So...THATS it then? If not because of his religious beliefs (well...except by his own words, it WAS because of his religious beliefs) why then did Obama maintain a position AGAINST gay marriage?

  9. #169
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is just publicity. Once people become aware of an issue at a point, usually a major media outlet reporting on it, it explodes(Look at Z/M). That does not cahnge the fact that there has been a significant attempt to boycott Chic-Fil-A for some time and this has nothing to do with Obama changing his stance on SSM.
    What is the reason behind the previous attempts to boycott Chick Fil A?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #170
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So just to be clear...you had no issue with people trying to get the NYC government to take action regarding zoning laws and other such things to make it so that the mosque couldn't be built near ground zero?
    I'm not sure how this relates to my comment you quoted. I don't think those people were bringing people together either.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •