Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 871

Thread: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

  1. #101
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I support the right of anybody who chooses not to patronize a particular business for whatever reason.
    The question is not whether or not you have the right to do something, the question i keep asking is do you think it would be the right thing to do. Is it right for someone to boycott a business based on that persons sexual beliefs or any other beliefs for that matter?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I know it is there right. You are not understanding my question. Is it the right thing for people to do who disagree with your point of view? You stated earlier people should boycott Chick fil a because of the opinion of their owner. I assume you think it is the right thing to do.
    I answered that, I said:

    If someone else feels that strongly against SSM, then it would be right for them as well to not spend money someplace that supports SSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Lets say you and I were out and wanted to get some lunch and there was a restaurant owned by 2 gay men. If I did not agree with homosexuality would that be a good reason for me to not go to that restaurant? Or rather would it make more sense for me to eat some lunch there since their beliefs have nothing to do with my sandwich?
    Again, if you felt strongly about SSM being illegal, then yes it would be right for you to do so.

    Here's a flip question, would you spend money at a business that was owned by a KKK member or someone who was openly against the United States?

  3. #103
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Funny how Chick Fil A has maintained the same positions for 44 years and the liberal groups suddenly found their voice and outrage...two months after Obama 'changed' his position.

    The people upset over Chick Fil A's position on gay marriage have all the integrity of a singly ply cracked balsa wood bridge. If their own 'values' can be so easily sold out in the name of politics how can they expect ANYONE to take them seriously? I guarantee...ChickFilA comes out the winner on all of these public displays of 'courageous' outrage.
    Well, except for all those people who have been boycotting Chic-Fil-A for alot longer than that....

    Darn facts...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I answered that, I said:
    No you didnt. The word right has multiple means. Having a right to do something, and it is right to do something are two completely separate things. I am asking you if it is right for people who do not support gay marriage to boycott a business run by a gay man. I am not asking you if they have the right to to do it. I am asking you if it is right for them to base their decision on where to eat on the owners sexual orientation or beliefs.

    Here's a flip question, would you spend money at a business that was owned by a KKK member or someone who was openly against the United States?
    I dont think I would know if a business was run by a KKK member. But if I found out it was it would depend. Is this business refusing to serve black people or treating them different in some way? If no, then I have no problem with that business. The owners beliefs and a businesses practices are not the same thing. Chick Fil A is not discriminating against gays in any way. They will give a gay man the same service, pricing food and anything else that they give to a straight man. They employ gay people and they pay them the same. (i know of a couple that both work at the same chick fil a) It would be one thing if Chick Fil A discriminated but there is absolutely no proof of that.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #105
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, except for all those people who have been boycotting Chic-Fil-A for alot longer than that....

    Darn facts...
    you mean the bigots who discriminate based on religion?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #106
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, except for all those people who have been boycotting Chic-Fil-A for alot longer than that....

    Darn facts...
    Oh I KNOW...we have just been TRIPPING over them...just like the anti-war protesters...lets not forget them. Good gawd...

  7. #107
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Ironic dont you think? Equality is not something you agree with? Are people allowed to have beliefs that differ from yours, or does that make them suddenly a bigot? One would argue that you boycotting a business because of a persons beliefs is equally bigotted.
    Pro SSM married people aren't trying to exclude anyone from the rights and protections that go with marriage. They aren't saying that hurricanes will destroy America if they aren't allowed to get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #108
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,881
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    I didn't eat at Chic-Fil-A to begin with.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  9. #109
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Pro SSM married people aren't trying to exclude anyone from the rights and protections that go with marriage. They aren't saying that hurricanes will destroy America if they aren't allowed to get married.
    Can you show me in a chick fil a restaurant where that is stated? A picture will be fine.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #110
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Muppets owner Lisa Henson severs ties with Chick-Fil-A over SSM

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, except for all those people who have been boycotting Chic-Fil-A for alot longer than that....

    Darn facts...
    Yes, because he's clearly talking about individual one off people and not a concentrated generalized loud national awareness of it.

Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •