Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #901
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,252

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There is some truth to it. Overstated, but some truth. There is no war against Christianity, but some political entertainers and TV reachers have some believing there is.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #902
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Nope. A few stupid people speaking on both sides don't a war make. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #903
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Chick-fil-A and Gay Marriage: Bloomberg Won't Support Boycott of Chain in New York - Metropolis - WSJ

    This is failing in New York too, Bloomberg doesn't support a boycott which means it will fail nationally. Good bye Mrs Henson, you stupid cow.

    Cow....



    As much as I think Mayor Bloomberg is wrong on the soda issue, he is right on the CfA issue. I have zero problem with him stating his personal opinion and disagreement. Then, he clearly and correctly states that it is not official government prerogative to make thwarting the company as city policy. Kudos to him!


    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What a total moron! He single-handedly damaged the anti-Chic-fil-A sided the argument. No doubt many in that group are steaming over what this idiot did.
    No kidding. When I first heard of this my first thought was, "Is this an example of that vaunted liberal 'tolerance' I've heard so much about?"
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #904
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    I don't mind harmless opinions. The moment even a hint of force/preventions is implied against Chick-fil-A or any other business is when discussion must take place to stop it. I would rather we not remain silent and wait until we awake some day... and find that government has been punishing businesses with varying views for quite some time. Opinions are alright. Bullying and what could be seen as the very beginning steps of some sort of pseudo-fascism isn't.

  5. #905
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I don't mind harmless opinions. The moment even a hint of force/preventions is implied against Chick-fil-A or any other business is when discussion must take place to stop it. I would rather we not remain silent and wait until we awake some day... and find that government has been punishing businesses with varying views for quite some time. Opinions are alright. Bullying and what could be seen as the very beginning steps of some sort of pseudo-fascism isn't.
    In a capitalist economy money speaks louder than words. So when words and opinions fall on deaf ears then boycotting is an effective non-violent tool for people to use to send a message to those with more money than sense.

  6. #906
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    In a capitalist economy money speaks louder than words. So when words and opinions fall on deaf ears then boycotting is an effective non-violent tool for people to use to send a message to those with more money than sense.
    Because this is a free country, boycotting is acceptable. Trying to use politicians with power to bully businesses with differing views is not.

  7. #907
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Liberals are opposed to bullying, unless of course it's government doing the bullying.

    Liberals are fine with being told they "must" purchase something. I hope Romney wins and gets a bill passed that says that a person "must" purchase a Bible, because Bible's are pretty good for one's health as well. I wonder how that would fly with liberals? lol, I don't have to wonder, I know.

    As long as the government is bullying Christians, the left is perfectly ok with that. Oh, bullying the Catholic Church into covering contraception which violates their religious beliefs is ok, and bullying Chick fil A because their CEO is a Christian who supports the Biblical definition of marriage is ok too. Bullying Americans into purchasing health insurance or facing a "tax" is ok too. But you bully a fat kid on a playground over some lunch money, and the Hollywood starlets come out to make their public service announcements that bullying must stop. Or if you use the term "gay" to describe something, you are going to have to get an appointment with the school counselor. Or if you tell a Muslim group that the city doesn't agree with their Islamic views and therefore they aren't welcome in that city, let's see what the Left has to say about that. Imagine the backlash if Rahm had told a Muslim CEO that "Muslim values are not Chicago values" and that he wouldn't support that Muslim business in Chicago. Imagine that for one second.

    You liberals are full of it. You are not tolerant. Liberals, by and large, are the most intollerant people in this country. They do not tolerate different view points. In fact, they protest them, they riot against them, they seek legal action against them, they vandalize the property of people with different beliefs and view points. Instead of accepting the fact that another American may oppose gay marriage, what do they do? Call for boycotts, stage demonstrations, call on others to boycott, spray paint local chick fil a stores with "tastes like hate". Ya, these are supposed to be the actions of the party of tolerance??? Please. Liberals are far more intollerant than bigots, racists, and sexists. A racist is intollerant of another race. Liberals are intollerant of ANYONE who doesn't agree with their liberal philosophies. And I mean ANYONE. It is liberals who call conservative black people "uncle toms" and "porch negros". I could go on and on. They aren't tolerant. They are the opposite.

  8. #908
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Liberals are opposed to bullying, unless of course it's government doing the bullying.
    You ought to qualify that to make it more reasonable.

  9. #909
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel17 View Post
    The term "traditional marriage" always makes me chuckle a bit. A sense of historicity is indispensable when theorizing about politics.
    I can see why you would chuckle a bit, as the term never would have surfaced in the first place had it not been for non-traditional anti-Christians rattling their sabers. It's quite an accomplishment to topple one of the greatest institutions this country has ever known, and God knows you people are close to achieving that.

  10. #910
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Liberals are opposed to bullying, unless of course it's government doing the bullying.

    Liberals are fine with being told they "must" purchase something. I hope Romney wins and gets a bill passed that says that a person "must" purchase a Bible, because Bible's are pretty good for one's health as well. I wonder how that would fly with liberals? lol, I don't have to wonder, I know.

    As long as the government is bullying Christians, the left is perfectly ok with that. Oh, bullying the Catholic Church into covering contraception which violates their religious beliefs is ok, and bullying Chick fil A because their CEO is a Christian who supports the Biblical definition of marriage is ok too. Bullying Americans into purchasing health insurance or facing a "tax" is ok too. But you bully a fat kid on a playground over some lunch money, and the Hollywood starlets come out to make their public service announcements that bullying must stop. Or if you use the term "gay" to describe something, you are going to have to get an appointment with the school counselor. Or if you tell a Muslim group that the city doesn't agree with their Islamic views and therefore they aren't welcome in that city, let's see what the Left has to say about that. Imagine the backlash if Rahm had told a Muslim CEO that "Muslim values are not Chicago values" and that he wouldn't support that Muslim business in Chicago. Imagine that for one second.

    You liberals are full of it. You are not tolerant. Liberals, by and large, are the most intollerant people in this country. They do not tolerate different view points. In fact, they protest them, they riot against them, they seek legal action against them, they vandalize the property of people with different beliefs and view points. Instead of accepting the fact that another American may oppose gay marriage, what do they do? Call for boycotts, stage demonstrations, call on others to boycott, spray paint local chick fil a stores with "tastes like hate". Ya, these are supposed to be the actions of the party of tolerance??? Please. Liberals are far more intollerant than bigots, racists, and sexists. A racist is intollerant of another race. Liberals are intollerant of ANYONE who doesn't agree with their liberal philosophies. And I mean ANYONE. It is liberals who call conservative black people "uncle toms" and "porch negros". I could go on and on. They aren't tolerant. They are the opposite.
    So people that support the FMA are some how tolerant right?

Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •