Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #801
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I thought the important thing this week was what Israel's Capital was.
    Frankly I don't think this is all that important, so I'm wondering what all the hoopla is for. I'm sure there are companies all over the political spectrum, don't you? No worthy of the attention of mayors; who are wrong btw.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #802
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I thought the first amendment protectected free speech in this country at least it use to.....People on the left are persecuting people with religeous beliefs and it has to stop.
    Oh PUH-LEASE.....stop it with the persecuted Christian Martyr routine. No one is restricting his speech. What you fanatics fail to recognize is that you ABSOLUTELY have the right to your free speech....what you don't have the right to is to be free from the repurcussions that follow.

    If you want to be a bigot....that is your right......however, expect to live with the consequences of your bigotry...there is a price to pay.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #803
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh PUH-LEASE.....stop it with the persecuted Christian Martyr routine. No one is restricting his speech. What you fanatics fail to recognize is that you ABSOLUTELY have the right to your free speech....what you don't have the right to is to be free from the repurcussions that follow.

    If you want to be a bigot....that is your right......however, expect to live with the consequences of your bigotry...there is a price to pay.
    Except...you and people like you practice selective outrage with regard to all those 'bigots' that disagree with gay marriage...so...you kinda prove yourself to be a dumbass when you say things like that, dont you.

  4. #804
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh PUH-LEASE.....stop it with the persecuted Christian Martyr routine. No one is restricting his speech. What you fanatics fail to recognize is that you ABSOLUTELY have the right to your free speech....what you don't have the right to is to be free from the repurcussions that follow.

    If you want to be a bigot....that is your right......however, expect to live with the consequences of your bigotry...there is a price to pay.
    If the repercussions are from the government, they absolutely have a right to be free of them.
    From the ashes.

  5. #805
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,312

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    What would happen if a mayor of a city denied a business an operation license
    because they supported SSM? Would you still be ok with the mayor exercising
    his power when it is not in favor of your cause?

  6. #806
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Except...you and people like you practice selective outrage with regard to all those 'bigots' that disagree with gay marriage...so...you kinda prove yourself to be a dumbass when you say things like that, dont you.
    Not really. Some ABC company says something stupid and people protest the ABC company.

    I seem to recall Walmart or target (some store) selling rainbow oreas that got the Anti-SSM all in a tizzy and they boycotted that store. Don't remember conservatives rallying saying how stupid that was. Or boycotting stores for not saying "Merry Christmas".

    I'm not outraged, however, I will not support Chick-Fil-A. That's my right and it's their right to say whatever stupid **** they want.

  7. #807
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    What would happen if a mayor of a city denied a business an operation license
    because they supported SSM? Would you still be ok with the mayor exercising
    his power when it is not in favor of your cause?
    I think you will be hard pressed to find more than 3 people on this thread that believe the mayor is in the irght for this. The rest believe the mayor should not use his power in this fashion.

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    If the repercussions are from the government, they absolutely have a right to be free of them.
    I can't speak for everyone else, but when I say it's ok to boycott a company, I don't mean using government power to do it. I mean it's ok for individuals to boycott the company.

  9. #809
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Thinking that he's speaking for Chicago on this is arrogant on its face. I would expect there are three camps on this issue:

    I don't give a damn.
    I fervently support SSM because I'm gay.
    I think it's an abomination.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #810
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Thinking that he's speaking for Chicago on this is arrogant on its face. I would expect there are three camps on this issue:

    I don't give a damn.
    I fervently support SSM because I'm gay.
    I think it's an abomination.
    I would change "I fervently support SSM because I'm gay" to "I fervently support SSM". There are many heterosexuals out there that aren't gay and support strongly SSM. I'm one of them.

Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •