Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #661
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I'm not a fan of dehumanizing anyone besides child molesters and rapists. That is my point.
    Not a fan of free speech? A person shouldn't face reprisal from the government for the things they say. even if what they say is ignorant and hurtful. Otherwise we have no free speech.
    From the ashes.

  2. #662
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    You mentioned Farrakahn being an anti-Semite earlier in the thread. Are you Jewish?
    Did I? Others may have mentioned his anti-semitic comments. I believe my focus has been on Farrakhans direct comments on homosexuals (swine, I believe is what the article cited), homosexuality (a sin, against God...but hey...he is only saying it because he loves the Gays and wants to help them), and on Gay marriage. I'm certain if you have some sort of set-up point you would be better served just to come out and say it, but if you would like to research my comments on this thread and find somewhere that I commented on Farrakhan's anti-Semitic nature, be my guest.

  3. #663
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    You mentioned Farrakahn being an anti-Semite earlier in the thread. Are you Jewish?
    Would it matter (if he were)?

    Many men support gender equality. Many whites support racial equality. And so on. Is status or inclusion in an affected group necessary? If no, then I completely fail to see any point to the question, unless it's just baiting.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel17 View Post
    What does any of this have to do with freedom of speech? As far as I know, the Supreme Court has not included opening restaurants as expressions of constitutionally protected speech. Although, you never know after Citizens United. City officials are well within their rights to block a private company from opening locations within their cities. The fact that its concerned with the Chick-fil-A's guy's imbecilic comments about marriage is immaterial.
    Of course.

    And, using the impeccable Obamarrhoidal logic: "City officials are well within their rights to block a 'private person from getting a job' within their cities. The fact that its concerned with the 'private person being a follower of ' the Chick-fil-A's guy's imbecilic comments about marriage is immaterial".

    Another example of an absolute proof that the concept of "freedom of speech" is OK ........only if that speech agrees with the LIEberrhoidal point of view".
    Last edited by HoongLoong; 07-27-12 at 02:08 PM.

  5. #665
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Not a fan of free speech? A person shouldn't face reprisal from the government for the things they say. even if what they say is ignorant and hurtful. Otherwise we have no free speech.
    After thinking about it, you are correct. The government shouldn't stop them for what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #666
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Did I? Others may have mentioned his anti-semitic comments. I believe my focus has been on Farrakhans direct comments on homosexuals (swine, I believe is what the article cited), homosexuality (a sin, against God...but hey...he is only saying it because he loves the Gays and wants to help them), and on Gay marriage. I'm certain if you have some sort of set-up point you would be better served just to come out and say it, but if you would like to research my comments on this thread and find somewhere that I commented on Farrakhan's anti-Semitic nature, be my guest.
    I'm sorry a link you used said it. My mistake. I just found it ironic because Rahm is Jewish.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #667
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Would it matter (if he were)?

    Many men support gender equality. Many whites support racial equality. And so on. Is status or inclusion in an affected group necessary? If no, then I completely fail to see any point to the question, unless it's just baiting.
    No, it wouldn't matter if he were. I was curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #668
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I'm sorry a link you used said it. My mistake. I just found it ironic because Rahm is Jewish.
    I didnt think I had...and really...I believe you yourself said it best yesterday...the whole thing is nothing more than blatantly obvious political grandstanding. Its why it is so hard to take any of this serious...certainly not some sort of supposed stand on the idea of 'values'.

  9. #669
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I didnt think I had...and really...I believe you yourself said it best yesterday...the whole thing is nothing more than blatantly obvious political grandstanding. Its why it is so hard to take any of this serious...certainly not some sort of supposed stand on the idea of 'values'.
    I have come to agree that it is indeed grandstanding, but I still disapprove of it. I believe that, even if he knows he would never be able to actually do so, it still sets a tone and has a real potential for a dampening effect that could easily discourage CfA (or others) from even trying.

    If it is grandstanding, then he's still a bully politician in the worst sense of the term.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #670
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I have come to agree that it is indeed grandstanding, but I still disapprove of it. I believe that, even if he knows he would never be able to actually do so, it still sets a tone and has a real potential for a dampening effect that could easily discourage CfA (or others) from even trying.

    If it is grandstanding, then he's still a bully politician in the worst sense of the term.
    Rahm is known for being one of the biggest bullies ever. You don't get to be mayor of Chicago any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •