Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #651
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Would it help if they changed the name to

    Chix-with-dix-fil-a

    ??????
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #652
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes



    Once again, freedom of speech only matters if you agree with liberal indoctrination.

    Sorry, freedom of speech doesn't protect you from others expressing their opinion about your speech.

    Maybe you missed that day in civics.

    And gay rights is no longer just a liberal position -- ask Dick Cheney.

  3. #653
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sorry, freedom of speech doesn't protect you from others expressing their opinion about your speech.

    Maybe you missed that day in civics.

    And gay rights is no longer just a liberal position -- ask Dick Cheney.
    Freedom of speech does protect you from being singled out and penalized for it by those in positions of government authority. Pretty sure that qualification was in civics class, too.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #654
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Would it help if they changed the name to

    Chix-with-dix-fil-a

    ??????
    No, I would not buy their fries if they did that.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #655
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,602

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sorry, freedom of speech doesn't protect you from others expressing their opinion about your speech.

    Maybe you missed that day in civics.

    And gay rights is no longer just a liberal position -- ask Dick Cheney.
    The mayor, like every citizen that has announced their intent to boycott, certainly has a RIGHT..an ABSOLUTE right to speak out against the owner and his position. However as a government official threatening a business based on a religious belief? Well..1-Im thinking he kinda may have stepped in it and put Chicago civilly liable and 2-how exactly does his 'out' position against ChickFilA square with his open embracing of Farrakhan, a man who has said FAR more dire things about homosexuals, homosexuality, and their actions in opposition to Gods judgment?

  6. #656
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sorry, freedom of speech doesn't protect you from others expressing their opinion about your speech.

    Maybe you missed that day in civics.

    And gay rights is no longer just a liberal position -- ask Dick Cheney.
    though it does protect one from being denied a business license based on religous/political ideals, like the implied threat in the OP

  7. #657
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    No, I would not buy their fries if they did that.
    I'd still buy their fries if they changed the name to "gay liberal anti-semite-fil-a" and supported drowning kittens
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #658
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Would it help if they changed the name to

    Chix-with-dix-fil-a

    ??????
    Would they serve them in a box?


    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I'd still buy their fries if they changed the name to "gay liberal anti-semite-fil-a" and supported drowning kittens
    Yeah, but I'd draw the line at puppies.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #659
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    No, I would not buy their fries if they did that.
    what about their dixi-tots

  10. #660
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The mayor, like every citizen that has announced their intent to boycott, certainly has a RIGHT..an ABSOLUTE right to speak out against the owner and his position. However as a government official threatening a business based on a religious belief? Well..1-Im thinking he kinda may have stepped in it and put Chicago civilly liable and 2-how exactly does his 'out' position against ChickFilA square with his open embracing of Farrakhan, a man who has said FAR more dire things about homosexuals, homosexuality, and their actions in opposition to Gods judgment?
    You mentioned Farrakahn being an anti-Semite earlier in the thread. Are you Jewish?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 66 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •