Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #531
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    While I support individuals boycotting Chik-Fil-A I do not support government officials using their powers to prevent this restraunt from coming in.

    It's just as bad when government officials have gotten involved with strip clubs and preventing them from coming into places.

  2. #532
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I understand hyperbole. That's what I was pointing out.
    exactly and objective people see it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #533
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,546

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    There are people who are organizing an Eat and Chick-fil-A day (probably several).

    I think that's as stupid as the boycotts.

    I like Chick-fil-A. I'll eat there when I choose to eat there. I'm not going to stop eating there because someone wants me to; nor am I going to go because someone wants me to.

    Like I said, those who politicize every aspect of their lives must be miserable, uptight people. I choose not to be.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #534
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    So revoking a rapist's drivers license would be as effective as prison time?
    their effectiveness is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that it would be leverage as a punitive measure

  5. #535
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    So what was the point of Rahm even saying this if they are already in that area?

    Seems really stupid on his part to start this conversation for nothing.
    hyperbole to fire up the base.

  6. #536
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,792

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    While I support individuals boycotting Chik-Fil-A I do not support government officials using their powers to prevent this restraunt from coming in.

    It's just as bad when government officials have gotten involved with strip clubs and preventing them from coming into places.

    and if push comes to shove they will probably fail because unless theres some BS loophole they can bury this is, its unfair discrimination but its not an infringement of free speech
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #537
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    and if push comes to shove they will probably fail because unless theres some BS loophole they can bury this is, its unfair discrimination but its not an infringement of free speech
    Don't necessarily need a loophole. They can use bureaucracy to slow it down or downright stop it. Just grind the permitting process to halt. It is Chicago after all.

  8. #538
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Don't necessarily need a loophole. They can use bureaucracy to slow it down or downright stop it. Just grind the permitting process to halt. It is Chicago after all.
    Absolutely, they can do this. But it would be just as repugnant... if not more so.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #539
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    I've actually realized I've had a fair bit of Chick-Fil-A the past few days. Not because of any kind of concerted effort...just kind of happened. Though I can't deny that seeing talk about it each day has made me go "mmmmm....chicken sandwich"

  10. #540
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    BTW it's a pity I don't like Chik-Fil-A's food, else I would switch all my fast food consumption to them exclusively.
    I'll pick up your slack. I've never eaten there and HATE the spelling of their name, but I keep hearing/reading that the food is great.

Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •