Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #491
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,406

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    re: effects on sales

    Just a gut feeling, but I suspect this will have little to no effect. At least in the long term. I know a few friends who love CFA's food, but have boycotted then for awhile out of disagreement on these very principles. I think the people who would be prone to boycott, pretty much already do so, because they are aware enough to know the company's owners hold these beliefs.

    And that's the part that gets me about this controversy more than anything. The family has been open and honest for forever. They've never tried to hide anything. This isn't new news. Those who are conscientious enough to care already knew.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #492
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    I'm wondering what Disney's (the actual owners of the Muppets) response will be. Bet they're calculating blowback on their property and considering suit on Lisa.

  3. #493
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    re: effects on sales

    Just a gut feeling, but I suspect this will have little to no effect. At least in the long term. I know a few friends who love CFA's food, but have boycotted then for awhile out of disagreement on these very principles. I think the people who would be prone to boycott, pretty much already do so, because they are aware enough to know the company's owners hold these beliefs.

    And that's the part that gets me about this controversy more than anything. The family has been open and honest for forever. They've never tried to hide anything. This isn't new news. Those who are conscientious enough to care already knew.
    True but there are others who will eat there exclusively for the reason "they hate them there faggots!"

    I think it should counterbalance.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  4. #494
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I'm wondering what Disney's (the actual owners of the Muppets) response will be. Bet they're calculating blowback on their property and considering suit on Lisa.
    I bet you are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #495
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    True but there are others who will eat there exclusively for the reason "they hate them there faggots!"

    I think it should counterbalance.
    Nothing quite as tasty as a fag free chicken sandwich
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #496
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    actually it doesnt because he still has his freedom of speech it hasnt been impacted or taken away LMAO

    just like the day he said it, tomorrow he can still say he is against equal gay rights, nothing has changed
    Would it be OK to arrest somebody for saying they are against SSM?

    Would it be OK to give them 2 years in prison for saying they are against SSM?

    The government action is what surpresses free speech.

    That is the same effect here.

    The government is trying to scare people into not saying what they feel out of fear of government action against them.

  7. #497
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Would it be OK to arrest somebody for saying they are against SSM?

    Would it be OK to give them 2 years in prison for saying they are against SSM?

    The government action is what surpresses free speech.

    That is the same effect here.

    The government is trying to scare people into not saying what they feel out of fear of government action against them.
    Yes, being denied a business license is just like two years in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #498
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I'm wondering what Disney's (the actual owners of the Muppets) response will be. Bet they're calculating blowback on their property and considering suit on Lisa.
    Disney/ABC has been openly supportive of gay rights for over a decade.

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel17 View Post
    The term "traditional marriage" always makes me chuckle a bit. A sense of historicity is indispensable when theorizing about politics.
    "Traditional marriage" now means a marriage that lasts between 5-10 years.

  10. #500
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Yes, being denied a business license is just like two years in prison.
    Do you not understand the point or what?

    It is the government action against the individual or a business that is the supression of the freedom of speech.

Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •