Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #461
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I would place Popeyes above Chick fil-A. (I've tried all the others, except Bojangles.)

    I always find it interesting and humorous that I almost never hear anybody do anything but sing Chick fil-A's praises (food wise) until this issue comes up, then suddenly people... coincidentally of the same general political bent... start proclaiming how bad their food is. Yeah, ok, people, if that makes you feel better.
    Yeah, when is Rahm going to shutdown Popeyes who promote their product stereotypically with a black woman as their spokesperson?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #462
    Guru Bobcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The BIG easy
    Last Seen
    02-07-13 @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,646

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I'm not a fan of Farrakahn, but what exactly are the Jewish community and Chick Fil-A doing about the violence in Chicago?
    why should they be doing anything about it? what is the mayor and the police force doing about it? what are black community leaders (organizers) doing about it? What are the public schools doing about it?

    to think that a fast food company is responsible for curing violence is just foolish.
    "Just get the hell out of my way" John Galt to the government in Atlas Shrugged.

  3. #463
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Even if it is grandstanding... which it probably is... is this the type of politician you want? Really?

    Having an opinion is one thing. Expressing an opinion is fine. Saying that you would (if given the opportunity) use your opinion to over-rule the overwhelmingly accepted rule-of-law and concept that people are allowed to believe and think independently, and deny an otherwise law-abiding business simply because you disagree with what the business owner THINKS, is quite another.

    No wonder we're so screwed up. We've lost any sense of objectivity. In our inner desire to promote what we feel is right, we are willing to be apologists for opposite actions that are actually worse than the actions and/or thoughts that we are opposing. I'm sorry, but these responses (and defending them) is actually more repugnant than the original controversy.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #464
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yeah, when is Rahm going to shutdown Popeyes who promote their product stereotypically with a black woman as their spokesperson?
    It balances out White Castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #465
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    why should they be doing anything about it? what is the mayor and the police force doing about it? what are black community leaders (organizers) doing about it? What are the public schools doing about it?

    to think that a fast food company is responsible for curing violence is just foolish.
    Well, if you read the link, that is why Rahm was welcoming him. I didn't bring it into this conversation. Why don't you ask why Farrakahn isn't making chicken for everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #466
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I like Popeye's better. It's not much better though. Most fast food across the board has gone down in quality.
    I like Chick fil-A, food-wise, but I don't think it's anything special. More run-of-the mill. I would never go out of my way to eat at one, though I have made a 40 mile trip just to take myself and my nephew to the closest Popeyes.

    I do know many people... primarily women, for reasons that I cannot explain... that think Chick fil-A is the greatest*.

    *- Again, food-wise. I know several women who love their food but hate their religion/religious stances. Some of them still eat there, however, while some do not based on their disagreements of principle.
    Last edited by radcen; 07-26-12 at 01:01 PM.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Maybe not being Christian has something to do with it.
    Yeah, since the Jews and Muslims are so lovey dovey together.

  8. #468
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Even if it is grandstanding... which it probably is... is this the type of politician you want? Really?

    Having an opinion is one thing. Expressing an opinion is fine. Saying that you would (if given the opportunity) use your opinion to over-rule the overwhelmingly accepted rule-of-law and concept that people are allowed to believe and think independently, and deny an otherwise law-abiding business simply because you disagree with what the business owner THINKS, is quite another.

    No wonder we're so screwed up. We've lost any sense of objectivity. In our inner desire to promote what we feel is right, we are willing to be apologists for opposite actions that are actually worse than the actions and/or thoughts that we are opposing. I'm sorry, but these responses (and defending them) is actually more repugnant than the original controversy.
    IMO, Cathy went from being a Christian just stating their opinion to a Falwell/Robertson radical intimating that natural disasters will strike us if gays get married. This is the same crap that was brought up about interracial marriage decades ago. For many people, it's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #469
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcogito View Post
    Yeah, since the Jews and Muslims are so lovey dovey together.
    If you have a better explanation, bring it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #470
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    05-02-16 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,809

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Rahm Emanuel is not good for Chicago in my opinion. The economy is already down, he should be supporting business's, especially business's that have a semblence of moral values.

Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •