Page 25 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #241
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    that made me laugh.

    you compared price fixing and destroying communities with denying people for disagreeing with political views.

    once again you failed,try again fascist.
    You still don't see where your argument is wrong? You asked where the state has a right to defend its interests. I showed you where. You can run along and try and change the constitution if you don't like it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #242
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Still creating straw man arguments? Kk.
    still unable to justify your views and address relevant criticism? Again, explain how denying a business proper licensing, based on their political views, doesn't amount to the state infringing on their right to the free exercise of political speech

  3. #243
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    still unable to justify your views and address relevant criticism? Again, explain how denying a business proper licensing, based on their political views, doesn't amount to the state infringing on their right to the free exercise of political speech
    You don't get it yet do you? It has nothing to do with frying chicken. That you're still making it about that is silly. I can't help you if you can't really see that this has nothing to do about the fat in their fries.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #244
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You still don't see where your argument is wrong? You asked where the state has a right to defend its interests. I showed you where. You can run along and try and change the constitution if you don't like it.
    as long as those interests are in line with a group you agree with? right buddy?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #245
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    as long as those interests are in line with a group you agree with? right buddy?
    As long as those interests don't forbid others from sharing the same life right friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  6. #246
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You still don't see where your argument is wrong? You asked where the state has a right to defend its interests. I showed you where. You can run along and try and change the constitution if you don't like it.
    In Brandenburg vs Ohio the court upheld the right of an individual to preach about, and promote, armed insurrection against the state, but you think the courts would allow the state to infringe on those very same right, due to anti-gay sentiment?

  7. #247
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    as long as those interests are in line with a group you agree with? right buddy?
    Oscar, you're being a homophobic grouch. That's not nice. Not nice at all.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #248
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,392

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You still don't see where your argument is wrong? You asked where the state has a right to defend its interests. I showed you where. You can run along and try and change the constitution if you don't like it.
    defending political views and denying others is not defending a states interests,it has nothing to do with economic conditions,it has to do with political favoritism,therefore i guarantee any harvard lawyer would laugh in your face on this one.


    under those same rules if they went by your book,any state could deny any black/catholic/asian business in the greater needs of the state.

    show me where chick fila would harm the states interests outside political,and choosing on political reasons is once again one of the foundations of fascism,and also the cornerstone to dictatorship.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #249
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729
    Let's see...did he advocate for hunting down the gay menace? Why no! In fact he has stated that his faith in God directs that he be opposed to gay marriage. That's....that's...well...actually up until 2 months ago the exact same opinion the president held. And shockingly not too far out of line with a significant number of democrats still.

  10. #250
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You don't get it yet do you? It has nothing to do with frying chicken. That you're still making it about that is silly. I can't help you if you can't really see that this has nothing to do about the fat in their fries.
    Nothing in that post mentions selling chicken, champ...

Page 25 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •