Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 962

Thread: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

  1. #201
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The government isn't denying all Christians a business license. You want to try your comparison again champ?
    Yep -- he's indulging in turnspeak.

    The correct analogy would be drawn with other hate groups who target certain people and not those certain people thus targeted. He is trying to switch the role of persecuted and persecutor here, and doing so to draw specious equivalencies between being the perpetrator of hatred and the victim thereof.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #202
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The underlined part is the important part. A homophobic establishment puts at stake the political interests of the state.
    so again, if the govt decides it is in the political interest of the state to deny blacks business licenses you'd be OK with that?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #203
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    that's what I find absolutely hilarious. considering that many of the same people in this thread who are denying that this is a violation of chik-fil-a's rights are the same people who squeal that voter ID laws violate the rights of minorities and the poor.


    apparently it only violates someone's rights if you agree with that person's or group's opinion
    Red herring. This thread has nothing to do with voter ID laws. Good for you trying to change the subject. Let me know how that works out. So far, you got people defending hate groups..so I don't think you are winning this debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    so again, if the govt decides it is in the political interest of the state to deny blacks business licenses you'd be OK with that?
    What the **** does being black have to do with anything? If an establishment puts at stake the interests of the state - REGARDLESS of whether race baiters like you think - the state has all the right to shut them down by denying them a business license. I stay consistent. Do you?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 07-25-12 at 10:40 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #205
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The underlined part is the important part. A homophobic establishment puts at stake the political interests of the state.
    so your saying it isnt politically motivated unless you say so.

    once again pushing the stereotype that liberals believe in equality only if they agree with it.the state in this instance denied an application for the political interest.


    TRY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #206
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    so your saying it isnt politically motivated unless you say so.

    once again pushing the stereotype that liberals believe in equality only if they agree with it.the state in this instance denied an application for the political interest.

    TRY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Translation: beeftw can't come up with a logical rebutal to the very information which shut down his own argument. So he's running off screaming non sequiturs.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #207
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Where!?!?! Show us all
    question:
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    so should the govt, therefore, be allowed to deny business licenses to christian bookstores?
    your answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The government can deny business licenses to anyone it wants. A business license is not a guaranteed right.
    sounds like a "yes" to me.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #208
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Translation: beeftw can't come up with a logical rebutal to the very information which shut down his own argument. So he's running off screaming non sequiturs.
    you didnt shut down my argument in any way.

    you claimed it did by ways im assuming by your simply quoting that you believe supporting or opposing ssm isnt in political interests of anyone.

    again keep trying because you have failed thus fsar.

    A homophobic establishment puts at stake the political interests of the state

    this proves fascism in the fact liberals feel it right to dictate business for political reasons,not for any legitimate reasons.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #209
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I have said it about twice now. I disagree with the FRC's conclusions and have said that their research is biased, and me calling it research doesn't mean that I somehow claim that gays are child molesters. I'm not defending the views of the FRC, I'm just saying that they aren't a hate group comparable with NeoNazis or the KKK.

    I'm sorry that you find me sickening because I don't support your belief that the FRC is a hate group on par with the KKK and NeoNazis. I don't think you're being rational on this issue, and I would encourage you to reflect on the possibility that you may have some bias. But regardless, I'm done. I have better things to do than try and defend myself against false accusations, straw men attacks and illogically derived conclusions about my beliefs.
    Your wrong digs, they are a hate group.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #210
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Rahm: “Chick-fil-A Values Are Not Chicago Values” [W:698]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What the **** does being black have to do with anything? If an establishment puts at stake the interests of the state - REGARDLESS of whether race baiters like you think - the state has all the right to shut them down by denying them a business license. I stay consistent. Do you?
    yes. I don't think the govt should be able to deny ANYONE who wants to run a legal business a licenses based on their legally expressed opinion.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 07-25-12 at 10:47 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •