Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    lol....it's amusing to read the comments from liberals about how the police "need more training".

    Perhaps protestors need training on how to protest? Maybe they should go to a TeaParty leadership conference and get tips on how to demonstrate peacefully, clean up after themselves, and protest like a civilized human being?

    It appears to me that the police were trained quite well. They weren't overrun. How about we train these hooligans how to protest properly so they can avoid getting tazed and attacked by dogs?

    But of course, the left will place NO responsibility on the rabble rousers for behaving properly. Because to the left, violent protesting is "patriotic". Their philosophy states that these poor protestors were "pushed into violence" by their oppressive government and corrupt law enforcement agencies.

    I too rail against government a lot of times. But I would never behave like these people. It is THESE PEOPLE who are in need of proper training, not the cops.

  2. #12
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,098

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    "Police offered to buy their video from them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  3. #13
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    lol....it's amusing to read the comments from liberals about how the police "need more training".

    Perhaps protestors need training on how to protest? Maybe they should go to a TeaParty leadership conference and get tips on how to demonstrate peacefully, clean up after themselves, and protest like a civilized human being?

    It appears to me that the police were trained quite well. They weren't overrun. How about we train these hooligans how to protest properly so they can avoid getting tazed and attacked by dogs?

    But of course, the left will place NO responsibility on the rabble rousers for behaving properly. Because to the left, violent protesting is "patriotic". Their philosophy states that these poor protestors were "pushed into violence" by their oppressive government and corrupt law enforcement agencies.

    I too rail against government a lot of times. But I would never behave like these people. It is THESE PEOPLE who are in need of proper training, not the cops.
    You obviously didn't watch the video, Masada. The video doesn't show anyone "behaving" any way except standing around, trying to get away, or sitting on the lawn. I don't fit your mold, by the way. I think the incident needs investigating...lessons to be learned by the coppers involved, in my opinion...and I'm not a liberal.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the video, Masada. The video doesn't show anyone "behaving" any way except standing around, trying to get away, or sitting on the lawn. I don't fit your mold, by the way. I think the incident needs investigating...lessons to be learned by the coppers involved, in my opinion...and I'm not a liberal.
    I see, so you're just looking for liberals to love you or what? I watched not only this video, but several others. The protestors instigated the riot. It's amazing that millions of tea partiers came to townhalls all across this nation, and not a single rubber bullett was fired. Not a single tazing. Not a single dog attack. Not a single tear gas canister deployed. Amazing.....

    Investigate away....more power to ya! When you find out for yourself that the rioters were responsible, and not the cops, how will you feel then?

    Like I said, it's people like these protestors who are in need of training. Training on how to be a civilized, decent human being to start with. What lesson should the cops have learned? That maybe they should withstand a little more physical danger before reacting?

    Yes, I'm sure the cops just saw a bunch of people "standing around", and "sitting on the grass" and decided to attack them. lol....go watch some other videos that are already up on other sites. Investigate it Maggie.....get your answers.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    Did you ever see a Tea Party protest where the protestors set up "dumpster fires"? Did they every block the streets? Did they ever "confront" police officers and instigate a fight?

    Even in the report from this post, the newscaster says that police responded to an "unruly crowd". Then the people act like they were just out having a picnic. Newsflash people of California: You instigate a fight with the cops, and you're gonna get it.

    Like I said, it's these people who need training. Training on how to be a civilized human being. You have a beef with the cops? Fine. Just better not come confronting them and instigating violence. Lessons learned protestors.

  6. #16
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    I agree with MaggieD on this. And I believe all police action that results in violence (even if the police aren't the instigators) should be investigated and reviewed with an eye towards doing things better (if possible) in the future. You are correct I think that these, and the OWS protesters need to take responsibility for their mob behavior.

    However, there's a real weakness in how some departments deal with [violent] protests and Maggie alluded to that. Primarily, they escalate the panic of the crowd by not allowing an avenue of escape/dispersal. The crowd should never be surrounded, they should always leave a clear space for the crowd to give up and disperse.

  7. #17
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    Quote Originally Posted by Masada View Post
    Did you ever see a Tea Party protest where the protestors set up "dumpster fires"? Did they every block the streets? Did they ever "confront" police officers and instigate a fight?

    Even in the report from this post, the newscaster says that police responded to an "unruly crowd". Then the people act like they were just out having a picnic. Newsflash people of California: You instigate a fight with the cops, and you're gonna get it.

    Like I said, it's these people who need training. Training on how to be a civilized human being. You have a beef with the cops? Fine. Just better not come confronting them and instigating violence. Lessons learned protestors.
    The guy sitting on the grass that got bitten by the K9 probably has a lawsuit. I watched the video in the link and saw no such behavior. I saw coppers running around deciding who to taze. It certainly puts the LEOs in a bad light. You may be right. If you have other vids, please link them. The one this thread is based on shows something quite different.

    Edit: Here's a description of riots that occurred at some time in response to the LEOs killing two people; but it still seems to me that the people in the video supplied in the OP weren't being confrontational...

    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/07...sts-78161.html
    Last edited by MaggieD; 07-25-12 at 08:09 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The guy sitting on the grass that got bitten by the K9 probably has a lawsuit. I watched the video in the link and saw no such behavior. I saw coppers running around deciding who to taze. It certainly puts the LEOs in a bad light. You may be right. If you have other vids, please link them. The one this thread is based on shows something quite different.

    Edit: Here's a description of riots that occurred at some time in response to the LEOs killing two people; but it still seems to me that the people in the video supplied in the OP weren't being confrontational...

    Anaheim riot 2012: Police-involved shooting causes unrest and arrests | WJLA.com
    Besides the other videos I've advised you to watch, do you know what "deductive reasoning" is?

    You are basing your opinion on about 30 seconds of captured video. Now, if you understand what "deductive reasoning" is, try to use it here. You are seeing 30 seconds of video footage, probably acquired from a cell phone. But do you stop to ask yourself, "I wonder what led the police to respond this way?"

    This is why I've mentioned the tea party protests so many times. Deductive reasoning leads a rational person to believe this: If you behave like tea partiers, you don't get tazed or shot or attacked by a dog. But if you act like the people in the Rodney King riots, you do get tazed, shot, and attacked by dogs. So, what would deductive reasoning tell you? That they were acting like uncivilized hooligans. Plus, there's other video to prove it.

    Cops don't just go out into the streets with K9 units and start unleashing them onto peaceful people "sitting in the grass". Something instigated this response, and other videos prove it. They came to confront the cops over a shooting earlier that afternoon. It escalated, and the cops responded. You wanna protest? Take a few cues from the tea party. THEY know how to protest like civilized, decent human beings.

    Scattered crowds roam Anaheim streets to protest officer shootings - latimes.com

    setting businesses on fire. Smashing car windows. Spray painting buildings. Blocking streets.

    I suppose you condone this type of behavior? You think citizens in this country should be free to roam the streets, setting fires to businesses, smashing up car windows, blocking traffic? Police should just sit back and allow that type of behavior in our city's streets?

    It's precisely like I said. It is these people who need training. Training on how to be a civilized human being.

  9. #19
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think this is an example of poor training. If officers weren't at risk, if an officer didn't need rescue, I can't imagine why coppers would wade into a crowd filled with moms and kids. Just stand back and let the trouble come to you, in my opinion.
    You can't blame police when the protesters are the ones who forced action to be taken in the first place.

  10. #20
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: WATCH: Police Clash With Protesters in Anaheim

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    I thought this was a country full of freedom and preaching democracy to other nations.
    Everyone one of those people who rioted should be arrested and punished with the maximum. These people should not be getting the message that its okay to riot.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •