Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Now, perhaps I've suddenly been afflicted by some sight disorder dealing with color...but one seems red/orange to me and the other green. OMG, you're right media, his hair is like The Jokers! (Thankfully Ledger thought better about the Muttin Chops)
    In the old TV series, sometimes the Joker had red hair.


  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Credit cards???
    Yeah, now that I think about it, these days banks are a lot more lenient about issuing credit cards to students than they were when I was that age. (as long as it's at an exorbitant interest rate, of course).

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    In the old TV series, sometimes the Joker had red hair.

    I don't believe so. I believe what you're seeing there is the effects of your cameras back then along with a red background and reddish coat giving a false presentation to the eyes. I may be wrong, but I can't recall when watching the show of him having red hair. In searching currently as well, all that ever has it showing up is that general picture on the massive red background. The notion of how that can affect the appearance of color of things around it is something I've had to endure listening to from my photographer wife in the past.

    It looks similar to promotion images for the 1966 film that came out, where it seems like the green dye is simply beginning to fade. From first hand experience, when green dye in hair begins to fade (especially on lighter hair and at 59, Romero likely had begun his whitening in hair by then) it can kind of give a yellowish appearance.



    The picture is similar to the one you posted, but not so much red background, and to me the green dye is still evident but obvoiusly at a fading point. That picture is apparently from the 1966 movie...you can go into other pictures of the movie and see that it was clearly green during it. I'd be more apt to say it's an issue of fading/camera trick then anything else.

  4. #34
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Reports I've seen indicate that he bought thousands of dollars worth of weaponry, body armor and ammo just weeks before the crime.

    Where the heck does a college student who worked at McDonalds get that kind of money?

    I'm speculating that perhaps this guy was dealing drugs on the side or something.
    U.S. gov't educational grant money?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #35
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    The more I read the more believe Holmes is not insane. ****ed up, yes, but not crazy. He may have been too bright for his own good. I believe at this point that his court demeanor was contrived.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    The more I read the more believe Holmes is not insane. ****ed up, yes, but not crazy. He may have been too bright for his own good. I believe at this point that his court demeanor was contrived.
    That is how he hit me also..... putting on a show.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is how he hit me also..... putting on a show.
    I think his demeanor in court is typical of what I would expect from any other person in his rather uncomfortable position.

    He looks shocked. It looks like the gravity of what he did is sinking in and he knows that his life has changed forever, and not for the better. After a few days in jail he got a taste of how he will spend the rest of his days and is realizing that it will be worse than he ever imagined. He's already broken down.

    He probably thought he was going to get away with it and now he was been bashed right over the head with a reality stick.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't believe so. I believe what you're seeing there is the effects of your cameras back then along with a red background and reddish coat giving a false presentation to the eyes. I may be wrong, but I can't recall when watching the show of him having red hair. In searching currently as well, all that ever has it showing up is that general picture on the massive red background. The notion of how that can affect the appearance of color of things around it is something I've had to endure listening to from my photographer wife in the past.

    It looks similar to promotion images for the 1966 film that came out, where it seems like the green dye is simply beginning to fade. From first hand experience, when green dye in hair begins to fade (especially on lighter hair and at 59, Romero likely had begun his whitening in hair by then) it can kind of give a yellowish appearance.



    The picture is similar to the one you posted, but not so much red background, and to me the green dye is still evident but obvoiusly at a fading point. That picture is apparently from the 1966 movie...you can go into other pictures of the movie and see that it was clearly green during it. I'd be more apt to say it's an issue of fading/camera trick then anything else.
    I see what you're saying. Also, I haven't seen any of the slew of recent Batman movies, so most of my memories are of the old Batman TV series that was filmed in the 60's. Colors could look a lot different depending on how you had the color adjusted on those old color TV sets back when I was a kid.

  9. #39
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    The more I read the more believe Holmes is not insane. ****ed up, yes, but not crazy. He may have been too bright for his own good. I believe at this point that his court demeanor was contrived.
    That reminds me of this guy I know (he's well known in these parts) who has been managing restaurants in town for about 20 years. He has a long history of cheating people, failing to pay employees, paying employees under the table, and filling up absolut bottles with rail vodka. There's more but I'll leave it at that. Even so, a lot of people say "well he's actually a great guy." Well, no, he's not a great guy, he cheats his customers, he cheats his employees, and his actions are clearly unethical.

    Mama always used to say "stupid is as stupid does." Holmes is stupid. And he's insane.

  10. #40
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Aurora shooting...Holmes had planned to escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    U.S. gov't educational grant money?
    Heard that on the radio last night (Michael Medved). Believe noted that Holmes was getting $30,000/year in Federal education money. No idea what the source of that information was. But would guess tuition was hefty.....


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •