Page 77 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #761
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is true

    but as I noted above

    armed citizens might not have stopped this

    unarmed victims clearly DID NOT
    but Turtle when does it stop? Should I start training my son how to use a semi-auto and then when hes 6-7 send him to school armed just in case **** goes down? Do I arm myself for Church? Do I arm myself to go out to the bar with my freinds? I dont think that as a soceity we are capable to continue along those kind of rules. From what I gather your a good shot, your respect guns and so do your family but you are in a minority! Unless we can starting teaching guns in School I do not see how it will work!
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #762
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    20-20 tonight with Diane Sawyer was very touching. Not political at all, just talking about the shooting. Hey midnightrider, was that interview with that girls mom touching or what? I was crying in my plate of food.
    Yeah, heartbreaking. Can't believe how many people one sick, twisted, subhuman piece of garbage can hurt.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #763
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    when a guy wants to kill as many as possible the only thing that stops him is him or someone shooting him
    Agreed. Of course that has nothing to do with gun policy. If more people had guns in the theater it could have just as likely been worse than better. What would have mattered wouldn't have been the number of guns but the person who had a gun. If every person in that theater was armed but an idiot at using a gun then we can be pretty certain that it would not have been a better situation. Simply owning a gun doesn't make someone qualified to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #764
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I swear, tactical fails like those are just unforgiveable. Tip for criminals, if there is a gun anywhere in the name, the owner and clients are probably armed.
    and when there are four guys on the range blazing away while running between barricades, doing speed loads or blasting pepper poppers with a 10 shot tricked out combat shotgun chances are they have you outgunned

  5. #765
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Agreed. Of course that has nothing to do with gun policy. If more people had guns in the theater it could have just as likely been worse than better. What would have mattered wouldn't have been the number of guns but the person who had a gun. If every person in that theater was armed but an idiot at using a gun then we can be pretty certain that it would not have been a better situation. Simply owning a gun doesn't make someone qualified to use it.
    we don't have any disagreement-I am a huge advocate for people getting well trained by good trainers-its one of my other professions!

  6. #766
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    but Turtle when does it stop? Should I start training my son how to use a semi-auto and then when hes 6-7 send him to school armed just in case **** goes down? Do I arm myself for Church? Do I arm myself to go out to the bar with my freinds? I dont think that as a soceity we are capable to continue along those kind of rules. From what I gather your a good shot, your respect guns and so do your family but you are in a minority! Unless we can starting teaching guns in School I do not see how it will work!
    I'm not in the same league as TD when it comes to firearms but can handle myself just fine. It's not the guns, it's the disrespect for human life that's becoming a problem. For instance, I don't carry as much as some on this forum but still more than many people, I don't do so because I like having a gun by my side but rather because I don't ever want to regret not having it. It doesn't really matter what the weapon of choice is when the intent is to kill.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #767
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we don't have any disagreement-I am a huge advocate for people getting well trained by good trainers-its one of my other professions!
    I doubt you have trained anyone to react to this particular kind of situation. But I'm glad we could find at least one area where we could agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    people who try to whine about guns are idiots on this matter.

    May be they are, may be they are not. May be they have a point or not.


    But to be legally allowed to purchased 6,000 rounds of ammunition online , like he did?... well.... doesn't seem right to me!

  9. #769
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    but Turtle when does it stop? Should I start training my son how to use a semi-auto and then when hes 6-7 send him to school armed just in case **** goes down? Do I arm myself for Church? Do I arm myself to go out to the bar with my freinds? I dont think that as a soceity we are capable to continue along those kind of rules. From what I gather your a good shot, your respect guns and so do your family but you are in a minority! Unless we can starting teaching guns in School I do not see how it will work!
    well as a free citizen that is something that only you can answer for yourself. now if we ever were to cross paths I'd spend a couple hours getting information about your home, its layout, your family members, their skills, personalities etc and I would watch you shoot

    My kid started shooting a 22 rifle when he was 7 and a small 22 pistol not much after that. a shotgun at 11 because he is small-the rule is 80 pounds before they shoot a shotgun

    he's had 5-6 8 hour training sessions at a top tactical training academy that involve shoot/no shoot house clearing drills etc. He's shot in 19 or so pistol matches and about the same number of sporting clays tournaments. He's also a several time national medalist in another shooting sport and earned his TKD black belt a year and half ago.

    I know what his capabilities are and what he can handle. I can never make that judgment for someone I don't know

  10. #770
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'm not in the same league as TD when it comes to firearms but can handle myself just fine. It's not the guns, it's the disrespect for human life that's becoming a problem. For instance, I don't carry as much as some on this forum but still more than many people, I don't do so because I like having a gun by my side but rather because I don't ever want to regret not having it. It doesn't really matter what the weapon of choice is when the intent is to kill.
    but citizens of the USA should not have to carry weapons to go watch a film in the cinema with their family. You have the right to carry a firearm but it should not mean death if you dont. America is a free country and its citizens should be able to live their lifes without feeling the need to carry a Gun, if you do carry all the power to you but if you dont and you get shot by a lunatic then that is not the fault of the victim.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •