Page 76 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #751
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Ahhh, but he was firing indiscriminately. Anyone he hit was a bingo for him. I doubt seriously that he aimed at anyone. There wasn't any spray and pray. It was all spray for the bastard.
    Actually, I'm watching an ABC special on it right now. They are showing some of the victims, one girl was shot in the leg, he found her when she screamed out and shot her dead. I think he was mixing indiscriminate fire in until he could zero in on specific targets, seems like he was more going on random than anything.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #752
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    or the case where two mopes tried to hold up a bar that was having a bachelor party for a NYC detective-this was parodied in Chuck Norris's Code of Silence or something like that
    Or the guy who intentionally tried to rob a gun store frequented by off duty police. Psychics could have taken a break that day, outcome not in doubt.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #753
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,243

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by GJ Flash View Post
    It would be a stupid anyone to run in and start shooting, period. A properly trained marksman knows where his rounds are going. And why.

    Had your friend been at the theater, armed, what is to stop him from using his weapon to defend himself? I'm less than thrilled with the prospect too, I would prefer it if only qualified people carried handguns. In places like Chicago and Detroit and L.A. the gangs have made that possibility unlikely though, either now or in the foreseeable future.

    It's truly unfortunate that you live in an area with so many irresponsible gun owners. I would move.
    properly trained marksman or not you can not guarentee that a stray bullet will not hit an innocent in a situation like that. Too many factors at play to be able to say outright that a marksman would of been able to end the situation safely.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  4. #754
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,566

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    I read this online and I think it's spot on:

    "The proliferation of guns, the lack of access to mental health services, a pervasive sense of isolation, glorification of violence in our society all create conditions that lead to such tragedies."



    All the rest is meaningless and there is the answer
    people who try to whine about guns are idiots on this matter. bombs are highly illegal in the USA and this guy boobytrapped his apartment. Since our war on drugs does not keep even casual pot smokers from buying weed, how are we going to stop a determined premeditated mass murderer from getting a gun? and btw the US Government "loses" 15,000 M-16 real assault rifles every year from federal arsenals. POlice departments lose thousands of guns a year too

    I don't know if an armed citizen or 5 could have stopped this but I know when the only person armed is the killer, only he decides when he has killed "enough" people

  5. #755
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,566

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    properly trained marksman or not you can not guarentee that a stray bullet will not hit an innocent in a situation like that. Too many factors at play to be able to say outright that a marksman would of been able to end the situation safely.

    this is true

    but as I noted above

    armed citizens might not have stopped this

    unarmed victims clearly DID NOT

  6. #756
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't know if an armed citizen or 5 could have stopped this but I know when the only person armed is the killer, only he decides when he has killed "enough" people
    Good lord! Five different people shooting in a dark theater? Everyone shooting at anyone holding a gun? Can you not imagine how much worse that could have been?

    Your last line doesn't even make sense to me. His ammo supply would have likely determined how many people he would kill. His actions indicate that he decided before he even started shooting that he was going to kill as many people as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #757
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,566

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Or the guy who intentionally tried to rob a gun store frequented by off duty police. Psychics could have taken a break that day, outcome not in doubt.
    22 years ago, the local target range (this time of the year) was past closing time but the owner was cashing out while four regulars (including me) were practicing for the "AREA 5" USPSA/IPSC regionals the next weekend. so about 10, three guys in LEATHER DUSTERS come up into the store-security camera showed a running car outside. so the owner merely flipped on the microphone to the range and said-WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU GUYS

    one mope was by the front door, another by the rear door and the third guy was walking up to the register when the four of us sort of walked in I came in one range door, another guy-a local cop out of uniform came in the side door with a 12G shotgun, the third guy went outside and waited around the corner lined up on the driver and the last guy came in through the back door from another office.

    so the three mopes asked where the local bar was and left

    the local constabulary popped them a few hundred yards down the road

    yeah they had guns

  8. #758
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,566

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Good lord! Five different people shooting in a dark theater? Everyone shooting at anyone holding a gun? Can you not imagine how much worse that could have been?

    Your last line doesn't even make sense to me. His ammo supply would have likely determined how many people he would kill. His actions indicate that he decided before he even started shooting that he was going to kill as many people as possible.
    Uh I said I don't know

    five guys like me-or five average gun owners

    so many variables but it was about as bad as it could be (worse would have been a guy who really knows how to shoot)

    when a guy wants to kill as many as possible the only thing that stops him is him or someone shooting him

  9. #759
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    20-20 tonight with Diane Sawyer was very touching. Not political at all, just talking about the shooting. Hey midnightrider, was that interview with that girls mom touching or what? I was crying in my plate of food.

  10. #760
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    22 years ago, the local target range (this time of the year) was past closing time but the owner was cashing out while four regulars (including me) were practicing for the "AREA 5" USPSA/IPSC regionals the next weekend. so about 10, three guys in LEATHER DUSTERS come up into the store-security camera showed a running car outside. so the owner merely flipped on the microphone to the range and said-WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU GUYS

    one mope was by the front door, another by the rear door and the third guy was walking up to the register when the four of us sort of walked in I came in one range door, another guy-a local cop out of uniform came in the side door with a 12G shotgun, the third guy went outside and waited around the corner lined up on the driver and the last guy came in through the back door from another office.

    so the three mopes asked where the local bar was and left

    the local constabulary popped them a few hundred yards down the road

    yeah they had guns
    I swear, tactical fails like those are just unforgiveable. Tip for criminals, if there is a gun anywhere in the name, the owner and clients are probably armed.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •