Page 164 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1631
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I couldn't get one in 5 minutes, or even 30 minutes, be it legally or illegally. My commute would be way longer.
    You could probably find it on the L train.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #1632
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Which is why this is a bad test case for gun control. If you're intent on shooting up a movie premiere, you're going to do it. You'll get a gun and you'll do it. Laws don't stop criminals.

    To be honest, I really see the voter ID laws the same way. If you really want to commit voter fraud, you'll get a fake ID or 3. It's not that hard.
    You could still eliminate some fraud with a voter ID law, at least we could get the dead and pet voters out of the equation.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #1633
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    It's pretty damned accurate, though. Most people have no clue how easy it can be to break the law.
    There was an article done around ten years ago I ran across, it basically said there are so many local, state, and federal laws that the average person commits around 2k "crimes" unwittingly per day.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #1634
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You could probably find it on the L train.
    You'd probably find more knives on the L than anything else. They use 'em to cut the pockets of the passed out drunks in order to steal their wallets.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #1635
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You could still eliminate some fraud with a voter ID law, at least we could get the dead and pet voters out of the equation.
    They are about as effective as gun laws for preventing the crime they purport to prevent. They do far more to prevent law abiding citizens from exercising their rights than they do to prevent criminals form violating the law.

    It's actually quite ironic that people who oppose gun control support vote control.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #1636
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    There was an article done around ten years ago I ran across, it basically said there are so many local, state, and federal laws that the average person commits around 2k "crimes" unwittingly per day.
    I'm thinking about big crimes, actually. Ones that aren't broken accidentally.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #1637
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    They are about as effective as gun laws for preventing the crime they purport to prevent. They do far more to prevent law abiding citizens from exercising their rights than they do to prevent criminals form violating the law.

    It's actually quite ironic that people who oppose gun control support vote control.
    Vote control has more history than gun control if you look back far enough. Unlike the 2nd voting was a priveledge until the early 20th century. Now, do I disagree with it being a right? No. Do I think it's more important to prove your identity to choose leadership than it is to buy adult materials? Absolutely.

    Hell, I'm of the opinion that one irresponsible vote hurts more people than any gun ever did and wish we could eliminate the uninformed votes on both sides. Not the votes I disagree with mind you but the ones that are basically less thought out than a lever pull on a slot machine.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #1638
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm thinking about big crimes, actually. Ones that aren't broken accidentally.
    I get that, just backing you on how easy it is to commit crime, one doesn't even have to try. But even intentional commission of a crime is easy, police have so many resources and they must rely on being able to pinpoint a crime in progress or committed crime through the evidence trail. Either way they usually catch the criminal after the fact.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #1639
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    What the SC has said is that the 2d Amendment confers an individual right to own a weapon, but that does not mean that there are no limits on the right. It just means that any limits that are imposed have to survive a strict scrutiny test. Just like we have a right to free speech, but there are a few exceptions where speech can be limited.
    "shall not be infringed."

    It is pretty clear. I can't even fathom a way of it being said more simply or more clear.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  10. #1640
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    "shall not be infringed."

    It is pretty clear. I can't even fathom a way of it being said more simply or more clear.
    "infringed" =/= "unlimited" Two different words, two different meanings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •