Page 131 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1301
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    a 20-round limit on all magazines would have slowed him down..and maybe allowed someone to jump his ass and crack his skull.

    he may have also not been able to get a handgun permit, if they were required in CO.
    Nope. Doesn't take but a second or so to swap a magazine.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #1302
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Agreed. As soon as I saw this on the news, I looked at my father in law and said "Here come the anti-gun nuts". Mayor Bloomberg didn't even wait 24 hours before he started up about it. Why is the mayor of a city on the east coast even commenting about something that happend in the mid west? Doesn't he have some Big Gulp sodas to confiscate or something? I applaud President Obama for not diving into that hackery. He and Gov Romney are handling it exactly the way they should, I believe. Knee jerk reactions to tragedy are what get us our worst policies IMO. Clearer heads need to prevail. Wait on the proverbial gun to stop smoking, then discuss attempts at preventing this stuff from happening again.
    I do join you in commending the president for that, I am certainly the polar opposite of an Obama fan but he handled this particular incident very well and I agreed with his statement.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #1303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Nope. Doesn't take but a second or so to swap a magazine.
    yeah, but only if you are calm and in control.

  4. #1304
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    laws effect more than just the homicidal nut.

    they also effect the sane gun-dealer..and the sane ammo-seller...and the sane magazine-seller.

    this guy didn't make his own gun, bullets, and magazines.
    And what makes you think the shooter would have gone the legal route if magazine restrictions were ever allowed? God forbid.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #1305
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Its the same as Prohibition. You outlaw guns, you create a nasty underworld that results in only the people dealing in it having guns. The law abiding citizens are left to tasers and knives. I actually agree that the 100 round drum should be illegal however. If the military doesn't need it, civilians definitely don't. There's no practical application for a 100 round drum.
    I don't favor any restrictions based upon need, someone who is a competitive shooter could find use for that under a timed event. Doesn't really matter because people at that level can do lightning fast reloads, BUT if people want the magazine capacity there is no good argument against them.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #1306
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yeah, but only if you are calm and in control.
    I can tell you don't shoot enough. It's not about "calm and in control" it's about logistics, magazines are meant to easily slide into their ports under any condition. Besides, this guy was calm and "in control", no one could defend themselves, this renders your point moot.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #1307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I can tell you don't shoot enough. It's not about "calm and in control" it's about logistics, magazines are meant to easily slide into their ports under any condition. Besides, this guy was calm and "in control", no one could defend themselves, this renders your point moot.
    no one in the theater had a gun.

  8. #1308
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    no one in the theater had a gun.
    Wouldn't have done any good if they did unless they had body armor piercing shells or could see through the smoke to get a shot at his head.

  9. #1309
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    YES YES and YES!!!!!


    edit to say


    It makes me sick to read all about guns guns guns all this senseless chatter .... and nothing about the mind problems .....grrrrrrrr
    We aren't going to find an answer here, if that is what you are looking for. There's no "ah, there it is" in this guy's life. I doubt anyone will ever be able to point to the single tipping point because there probably wasn't one. It apparently wasn't obvious to people who legally sold him the guns. He had to complete a background check as everyone does. I don't think anyone knows what type of smoke or chemical he used in the theater or where he got that, or the explosives in his apartment. To this moment it appears he acquired everything legally. It also appears that his behavior didn't trip any warning switches.

    If no one can pinpoint what might make a maniac do such a thing it may be impossible to prevent. Plan B then is how to stop someone once this kind of thing is in process. I see that you wouldn't use a gun. I can accept that. Many here feel there is no other alternative. Also, as you have seen here, most are honest in saying that while returning fire may have been the only option, the best option, it may not have been effective. Given the choice, many here would choose to be armed in that situation over laying on the floor waiting to die. THAT is one of the main reasons guns are being discussed.

    If there is a better Plan B no one has mentioned it so far.

    This thread attempts to address what happens after the sumbitch enters the theater with smoke grenades or whatever and guns.

  10. #1310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    We aren't going to find an answer here, if that is what you are looking for. There's no "ah, there it is" in this guy's life. I doubt anyone will ever be able to point to the single tipping point because there probably wasn't one. It apparently wasn't obvious to people who legally sold him the guns. He had to complete a background check as everyone does. I don't think anyone knows what type of smoke or chemical he used in the theater or where he got that, or the explosives in his apartment. To this moment it appears he acquired everything legally. It also appears that his behavior didn't trip any warning switches.

    If no one can pinpoint what might make a maniac do such a thing it may be impossible to prevent. Plan B then is how to stop someone once this kind of thing is in process. I see that you wouldn't use a gun. I can accept that. Many here feel there is no other alternative. Also, as you have seen here, most are honest in saying that while returning fire may have been the only option, the best option, it may not have been effective. Given the choice, many here would choose to be armed in that situation over laying on the floor waiting to die. THAT is one of the main reasons guns are being discussed.

    If there is a better Plan B no one has mentioned it so far.

    This thread attempts to address what happens after the sumbitch enters the theater with smoke grenades or whatever and guns.

    I don't disagree with what you say.

    And I think there is not much people could have done to prevent the massacre, taking into account the attack happened so suddenly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •