Page 130 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1817

Thread: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

  1. #1291
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    188,228

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    a 20-round limit on all magazines would have slowed him down..and maybe allowed someone to jump his ass and crack his skull.

    he may have also not been able to get a handgun permit, if they were required in CO.
    yeah like laws against murder slowed him down too

    Moronic

  2. #1292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah like laws against murder slowed him down too

    Moronic
    is that your argument for making murder...legal?

    cause it doesn't stop the sick & homicidal?

  3. #1293
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes, we get that you do not know what debate is - you made that clear in an earlier post. And thank you for making it clear with your answer that you do not know what evidence is either.

    In order to avoid the kind of humiliating embarrassment you suffered here tonight when you were impotent to back up your silly claims of historical fact, these may help you

    Amazon.com: principles of debate
    Nope. Now get lost.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  4. #1294
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    There is only one person responsible for this carnage. The pro gun anti gun talk is just Monday quarterbacking.

    I wished someone could have pulled a concealed handgun and stopped him but I wasn't there and don't know if someone could have been in the right location to pull it off.
    Agreed. As soon as I saw this on the news, I looked at my father in law and said "Here come the anti-gun nuts". Mayor Bloomberg didn't even wait 24 hours before he started up about it. Why is the mayor of a city on the east coast even commenting about something that happend in the mid west? Doesn't he have some Big Gulp sodas to confiscate or something? I applaud President Obama for not diving into that hackery. He and Gov Romney are handling it exactly the way they should, I believe. Knee jerk reactions to tragedy are what get us our worst policies IMO. Clearer heads need to prevail. Wait on the proverbial gun to stop smoking, then discuss attempts at preventing this stuff from happening again.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #1295
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    is that your argument for making murder...legal?

    cause it doesn't stop the sick & homicidal?
    No, his point is (and you know it) that only the law abiding citizen follows laws. People that concern themselves with laws are not the people we should worry about. Laws do nothing but impose penalties for crimes. They do not prevent anything when considering this type of individual. This man had to know that the death penalty is permitted in Colorado. Yet he still did this. Guns could be outlawed in the US. He still would have found a way. You cannot legislate nor restrict evil. Evil will rear its ugly head no matter how many laws there are.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #1296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    No, his point is (and you know it) that only the law abiding citizen follows laws. People that concern themselves with laws are not the people we should worry about. Laws do nothing but impose penalties for crimes. They do not prevent anything when considering this type of individual. This man had to know that the death penalty is permitted in Colorado. Yet he still did this. Guns could be outlawed in the US. He still would have found a way. You cannot legislate nor restrict evil. Evil will rear its ugly head no matter how many laws there are.
    laws effect more than just the homicidal nut.

    they also effect the sane gun-dealer..and the sane ammo-seller...and the sane magazine-seller.

    this guy didn't make his own gun, bullets, and magazines.

  7. #1297
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    laws effect more than just the homicidal nut.

    they also effect the sane gun-dealer..and the sane ammo-seller...and the sane magazine-seller.

    this guy didn't make his own gun, bullets, and magazines.
    Its the same as Prohibition. You outlaw guns, you create a nasty underworld that results in only the people dealing in it having guns. The law abiding citizens are left to tasers and knives. I actually agree that the 100 round drum should be illegal however. If the military doesn't need it, civilians definitely don't. There's no practical application for a 100 round drum.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #1298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Its the same as Prohibition. You outlaw guns, you create a nasty underworld that results in only the people dealing in it having guns. The law abiding citizens are left to tasers and knives. I actually agree that the 100 round drum should be illegal however. If the military doesn't need it, civilians definitely don't. There's no practical application for a 100 round drum.
    #1. No one is talking about outlawing guns, certainly not me.

    #2. I appreciate you finding common ground on the magazine-size issue.

  9. #1299
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,205

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I was a world class ISU skeet shooter ISU skeet was designed to train us to shoot down martian flying saucers

    ISU Double trap was designed to teach us how to deal with 2 saucers

    I guess you think the only purpose of a knife is to kill as well


    Why should anyone take your posts seriously when you post such oozing emotobabbling drivel?
    Then why don't you try buttering your bread with your gun?

  10. #1300
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Gun attack at Batman film premiere in Denver [W:120]

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    There is only one person responsible for this carnage. The pro gun anti gun talk is just Monday quarterbacking.

    I wished someone could have pulled a concealed handgun and stopped him but I wasn't there and don't know if someone could have been in the right location to pull it off.
    The amount of armor he had would have made a kill very difficult, not sure what level of armor he had though. That said it still hurts like a sumbitch to get shot even with most body armor and force transferrence could have at least dropped him long enough to attempt a detainment. All that said it is going to be monday morning quarterbacking.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •